over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tore my bicep

The Ortho surgeon is on vacation but when he comes back I'm gonna see what he can do.. my medical insurance might not cover it though because I am out of state
Bro you’ll want your insurance to pay for it. It will work. I had to pay for mine and it cost me over 20 grand. Cleaned out my savings for the fucker.

I had a distal biceps (elbow) tear and it rolled up my arm. Very painful, tons of bruising etc. I had surgery within a week and they billed my insurance 32k. It was a long slow recovery and my biceps is still about 1/2" shorter than the other.

Recently I felt a PINCH while doing hammer curls on my non-injured arm. Later, I noticed a flat spot where my biceps attaches near my deltoid. This was a proximal (upper biceps) tear. This one did not hurt, there was no bruising but I do have a flat spot which looks weird. It's not as extreme as the lower tear which was a complete detachment, but I am sure I have one head of the biceps detached from the top.

I am not doing surgery this time. I am 55 and the time in the splint, pain, etc is not worth it for me. I simply cannot train my biceps to failure anymore. Instead, I just go for the pump and I stop the set when I start feeling max tension. This is a bummer because I know that tension is what created growth... instead I go balls out and max tension on all other body parts except biceps. And, when training back, I try to protect them by using double overhand grip or neutral grip rather than anything underhand.

Biceps been sore for a few days so I haven't been in the gym. Needed to do back so I figured I'd just do shrugs, rear delts, and rack deads, thinking these wouldnt place any strain on the bicep. Welp, pyramided up in weight on rack deads and the moment I lifted the bar my bicep immediately ripped right off the bone at the tendon. Heard it loudly crunch and tear. On my way into the doctor now to see if they can do surgery.
u used a mix grip on rack deads? because i've tore my distal tendon in this way

That'll do it, especially if you go heavy.

I tore my left bicep but I've done heavy deads for over 30 years with the right hand supinated, like15 years worth of 300+kg every week. The key is to learn to keep your arm completely straight at all times. There is a tendency to bend the arm ever so slightly when things get heavy. But as a bodybuilder might as well always use straps, why take the risk.
I'm always lecturing guys not to bend their arm on deadlifts. Then I do this idiotic thing with the welding machine when I KNOW how dangerous it is. I actually thought just before, "this not the best thing to be doing" smh. Had I used my right hand it might not have happened due to all the stress I've put it under over the years.

I get a slight ill feeling when I see guys doing heavy underhand grip barbell rows lol.

I tore my left bicep but I've done heavy deads for over 30 years with the right hand supinated, like15 years worth of 300+kg every week. The key is to learn to keep your arm completely straight at all times. There is a tendency to bend the arm ever so slightly when things get heavy. But as a bodybuilder might as well always use straps, why take the risk.
I'm always lecturing guys not to bend their arm on deadlifts. Then I do this idiotic thing with the welding machine when I KNOW how dangerous it is. I actually thought just before, "this not the best thing to be doing" smh. Had I used my right hand it might not have happened due to all the stress I've put it under over the years.

I get a slight ill feeling when I see guys doing heavy underhand grip barbell rows lol.
That's what I've heard from people but some forget not to bend the underhand arm even a fraction. I did get a warning pain in my bicep when I did that so I knew to drop the weight and stop.

Been getting the run around from these doctors.. one is gone for a month.. the other never answers the phone.. bruise is spreading and muscle is retracting, but functionality, range of motion, pain, are all greatly improved.. most of the day I don't even remember it's torn..

IMG_20230920_125419901.jpg

get well soon bro, I'm sorry to hear of the injury...maybe you can get on a BPC/TB-5 peptide healing regimen, I mean it can't hurt...

You'd probably want to wait until after surgery to use those. Used to work in medical sales and it always made the procedure more difficult for surgeons when people put off the surgery for weeks/months etc because it started to heal itself.

Been getting the run around from these doctors.. one is gone for a month.. the other never answers the phone.. bruise is spreading and muscle is retracting, but functionality, range of motion, pain, are all greatly improved.. most of the day I don't even remember it's torn..

View attachment 182910

a little while back i tore my chest.
due to my lack of patience and life details couldnt even get an mri. it had me pretty down the first day as it seemed like a life changing injury.

thought about it for a minute and realized people have been hurting themselves badly for thousands of years and have only had the sort of surgery we are talking about for like the last 50. lol

put together a plan of action and didnt miss a day in the gym.
happened on a firday. was in the gym monday on the stationary bike holding my pec onto my chest. for 2 weeks i did light cardio and just tried to move my arms for rom.

tried taping my pex on and where i wanted it with strong elastic fisio tape but that damaged my skin. had to hold it in place walking around or doing stuff and while in the gym.

recovery time with surgery is about 6 months. i am now about 3 and half months past the day i hurt it. i havent lost much. yes i dropped the weights way back but really strength is coming back very fast.

ill never be able to press like before but i dont care so much about that. yes the side i damaged is ugly but no down time and i didnt have to come out of pocket for an expensive surgery.

im not recommending the no attention way but its doable.
good luck bro!

You gotta get that fixed bro. Find a doctor that will. Keep searching
This. Crazy though how we can't even get into surgery quickly. Tells me there is a shortage of surgeons they should be paid more.

You'd probably want to wait until after surgery to use those. Used to work in medical sales and it always made the procedure more difficult for surgeons when people put off the surgery for weeks/months etc because it started to heal itself.
great call, I should have clarified, I def meant after the surgery was completed and he was well into the healing stages, then again maybe not even. The peptide is so unregulated and now that you cannot even have third-party testing done to determine its quality, we literally know nothing about them. Maybe if you got you them from a US-based compounding pharmacy? Not sure if you want to be injecting a potentially unknown substance into a healing injury

great call, I should have clarified, I def meant after the surgery was completed and he was well into the healing stages, then again maybe not even. The peptide is so unregulated and now that you cannot even have third-party testing done to determine its quality, we literally know nothing about them. Maybe if you got you them from a US-based compounding pharmacy? Not sure if you want to be injecting a potentially unknown substance into a healing injury
just to clarify I meant we know nothing about their purity and sourcing, we know what compounds are supposed to do what. Everything comes from china, and we have guarantee about anything. I could be reconstituting a sugar cube that is supposed to BPC or MT2

View attachment 182910
My doctor told me with this injury you need surgery asap. Once you hit the 6-8 week mark, if it healed to far on it owns, they would have to rebuild it with a cadaver and a tendon out of my forearm. They told me you don't want that.

As far as I understand the quicker the surgery the better the outcome with tendon tears. The muscle can retract and scar down making it increasingly more difficult to reattach the tendon. As the OP says inflammation will decrease and your body compensates with other elbow flexors taking over the workload and you can still function.

My doctor told me with this injury you need surgery asap. Once you hit the 6-8 week mark, if it healed to far on it owns, they would have to rebuild it with a cadaver and a tendon out of my forearm. They told me you don't want that.
Using the cadaver tendon on the biceps does not function at all properly. I know several guys that have done it and they cannot flex their biceps at all. It reattached it but their arms are just limp. You don’t want to do that man. And he’s right you gotta get it reattached quickly if you wait too long the results are not good.

I had a complete distal rupture and was able to get the surgery within a week and everything 12 years later is still 100%. And don’t fuck with those peptides untill well after surgery they won’t help anything. And if your on gear cut it back to just trt. They won’t help now or until most of the healing has been done naturally. If had nearly a dozen joint reconstructions I have a better idea than most about what I’m talking about. I also had bad ass surgeons do all my reattachments abs I listened to their advice because the right ortho knows his stuff better than we do.

Everyone says to do it as quick as possible, especially the surgeons. It's true but a good recovery can be had even if some time passes. I waited about 12 weeks, my journal after the surgery said "patient arrived too late..." Yes I did but not because of anything I did, everyone is so overextended in healthcare here, long waiting lists. Anyway, my result is goodf imo, strength feels like it should get back to peak level once I start training very seriously. The muscle is just slightly shorter but that seems to happen even with "next few days surgery." Just a certain ache in my bone or tendon, like something has happened there and slight surface loss of feeling in the forearm. So you may have some time still, keep pressing the issue.

When I tore my pec "completely" in my early 20s I had to wait 12 months for surgery. Needless to say the result was shit. It changed everything in my life, I had only competed once but would have gone for maximizing my potential on stage at least if this thing wasn't messed up. I've been angry and I've been bitter, still am Lol.

Using the cadaver tendon on the biceps does not function at all properly. I know several guys that have done it and they cannot flex their biceps at all. It reattached it but their arms are just limp. You don’t want to do that man. And he’s right you gotta get it reattached quickly if you wait too long the results are not good.
Bro, my arm is starting to have pain. Idk if it's common or not. Do you know? I had my surgery 2 years ago.

View attachment 182910
Looks just like mine did. I had surgery within ONE WEEK. You need that asap.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity