over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2 a day workouts?

gauge22-v2

Registered
Newbies
I am in a position, 100% work from home, where I can split up my workouts into 2 parts. Noon workout is in my home gym, and after work is done at a commercial gym.

For back do width at lunch, then shrugs, rowing and biceps after work around 4:30. Chest/Shoulders/Tris I do chest first, then shoulders/tris in the afternoon workout.

I have done this for the last few weeks and I find I have way more energy, due to shorter workouts, and my mental state is great. The noon workout seems to wash any work stress and almost 'resets' me mentally. This also seems to help with any food cravings.

The volume of work sets is the same. Yes, there are more warmups so the total time is longer.

I read some threads and these seem to revolve around adding volume.

Anyone else try this out? Benefits, drawbacks etc?

Just make sure you recover properly. Its an old school of thought, but Arnold and Franco used to train 2x a day and would hit 20-25 sets of chest and come back at night and hit another 20-25 sets. I think it was ALford Beckles (SP) that used to do 100+ sets for each body part. not sure it was him, but one of the old timers used to do that. All super high reps with lower weights but they did it. I think you can over train if you do a body part 2-3 different days a week but hitting the same muscle multiple times a day, maybe not. Hell im no expert just speaking what i have experienced in 35 years of training

I am in a position, 100% work from home, where I can split up my workouts into 2 parts. Noon workout is in my home gym, and after work is done at a commercial gym.

For back do width at lunch, then shrugs, rowing and biceps after work around 4:30. Chest/Shoulders/Tris I do chest first, then shoulders/tris in the afternoon workout.

I have done this for the last few weeks and I find I have way more energy, due to shorter workouts, and my mental state is great. The noon workout seems to wash any work stress and almost 'resets' me mentally. This also seems to help with any food cravings.

The volume of work sets is the same. Yes, there are more warmups so the total time is longer.

I read some threads and these seem to revolve around adding volume.

Anyone else try this out? Benefits, drawbacks etc?

I believe Roman Fritz does AM PM sessions but he is the only top guy I’m aware of that does

Think Jay did for back early 2000’s

I believe Roman Fritz does AM PM sessions but he is the only top guy I’m aware of that does

Yes, Jay did. Early on in his career I think. He talks about it.

Rumor has it that Arnold and Franco used supplemental
oxygen for their 2x. Don’t know if it is true. (I never saw
him do that and I have seen him train a bunch . . .
mostly summer.)

Anybody else know about this?

I've considered making my am cardio session into a weights session and then splitting the cardio across am and pm.

What split would you use?

Just make sure you recover properly. Its an old school of thought, but Arnold and Franco used to train 2x a day and would hit 20-25 sets of chest and come back at night and hit another 20-25 sets. I think it was ALford Beckles (SP) that used to do 100+ sets for each body part. not sure it was him, but one of the old timers used to do that. All super high reps with lower weights but they did it. I think you can over train if you do a body part 2-3 different days a week but hitting the same muscle multiple times a day, maybe not. Hell im no expert just speaking what i have experienced in 35 years of training

Tony Pearson definitely did.

I think Beckles did but I'm not 100% sure.

If I had a gym at home, I would have trained twice a day a long time ago

As a hypothetical Luke, what split would you use and would you hit larger bodyparts in the AM or PM?

I'm probably not considering it but just want to hear your thoughts.

Tony Pearson definitely did.

I think Beckles did but I'm not 100% sure.
For modern guys Milos Sarcev almost always trained twice a day (hence being such a proponent for insulin) and Juan Morel did for most of his career as well.

I've been doing 1hr stair sessions in the morning. Maybe do some pushups, etc after.

At night id lift then do another 1hr stair session.

For this to work without feeling prematurely burnt out, I had(have) to eat.

I haven't been able to do anything physical since Saturday, as I bruised my ribs. Feeling a bit better. Hopefully by Weds I can at least jump on a stationary bike. Somewhat going crazy laying in bed all day.

I used to “train”, which was more or less working out with guys/gals looking to learn, mid AM. This consisted of mainly volume and focusing on squeezing.

I’d come in later that day ~5-6hrs later train same body part, but lower volume and more weight, by myself. My body responded very well to this. Like, very well!!

I’d say go for it, set goals, see how it works out for you.

I've been doing 1hr stair sessions in the morning. Maybe do some pushups, etc after.

At night id lift then do another 1hr stair session.

For this to work without feeling prematurely burnt out, I had(have) to eat.

I haven't been able to do anything physical since Saturday, as I bruised my ribs. Feeling a bit better. Hopefully by Weds I can at least jump on a stationary bike. Somewhat going crazy laying in bed all day.
why 2 hours of cardio out of curiosity? Way overkill unless your goal is endurance which it could be. I just dont see to many guys who aren't in quest of the hugeness on this board.

Thanks for the replies....This is what I have been doing.

Mon:
am - back width (gym)
pm - back thickness (with traps/rear delts) and bis. Done at home as cant stand fighting for a power rack during peak gym time (mondays are a fucking joke there)

Tue:
am - Chest
pm - Shoulders/tris

Wed:
am - SLDLs only (home)
pm: - higher rep posterior chain. IE: Reverse Hyper Scout, leg curls, etc (home)

Thu: Back/bis @ gym. Zero lower back loading

Fri: off

Sat: Shoulders/arms @ gym. This is lighter than Tue. All cable/lateral movements for shoulders. Can no longer do chest 2x per week as my shoulders scream at me.

Sun: Quads

LISS on treadmill 5x a week @ 530am. Home workouts I am on the treadmill walking for 2mins between sets.

why 2 hours of cardio out of curiosity? Way overkill unless your goal is endurance which it could be. I just dont see to many guys who aren't in quest of the hugeness on this board.
It's just zone 2 cardio. I love the runners high so to speak. Very addicting. Plus it's carrying over to my boxing and also to weights.
My baseline weight is 270. Don't need to gain size.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws