over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A prep log of some sort...

In for this. Looking good. Like the detail on workouts and diet too. I follow some meadows stuff.

John has a lot of good stuff out there. Skip was my first mentor when it came to this bodybuilding stuff. I try to just be a knowledge sponge and learn everything. I had done DC for so dang long, I was kind of looking for something on the opposite end of the spectrum. I figured something like that would what my body needed to new and different type of growth. That's basically what led me to start looking into Johns philosophies. The carb timing was actually a coincidence. I just happen to think that would be a logical choice, then found out John does the same stuff with diet. So between skip, john and carb cycle guys like Shelby, I kind of made a concoction of the 3. Some carb cycling days, with carbs around workout and still a skipload on sunday. I have been considering turning the skipload day into a high carb workout day.

Ok, so this is kind of unprofessional, but instead of going by the plan I had, I changed it again yesterday actually. I reduced carbs yet again. Not on my plan, but my instinct is saying, reduce carbs low right now, see what fat loss I can get and at the same time it will increase insulin sensitivity even more so for when I add humalog back in this coming week I can utilize carbs even better. I just figured I'd really push it, make some extra fat loss, get a bit more depleted and see what happens. Like I said, it's amateurish to switch things up all the time. But my conscience was telling me to push it and not play it safe with the diet then bring carbs back up a little again once insulin is back in the game.

So like for today, I had a solid meal of 60g pro/60g cho/10g fat 1.5 hours before working out. My intra shake was only 30g cho +Bcaa's. After hitting back and doing 30 mins of walking cardio, I had a hypoglycemic episode on my way home. nothing major, but weak, clammy, sweaty. So I'm assuming my insulin sensitivity and glucose utilization is pretty efficient right now. Still I got home and got 70g simple carbs. So that's 160g total for today. I was going to keep it below 150g but that's close enough. Tomorrow and Saturday I will attempt to keep it at 100g Then do my skipload on sunday with the assistance of SLIN. Then I will be back to the diet I have on paper.

I don't feel like going to get my log book, but here is what I did without the weights.

2/21 - Thursday - Back w/light bis
Wide Pulldown - 4x10-12
EZ bar underhand pulldown - 3x10-12
Hammer Row - 3x12
Cable triangle bar row - 4x10-15
Mt Dog Stretchers superset with wide neutral cable row - 3x12/3x12
Front double Bi cable curl 5x10 w/ 10 sec rest

30 mins treadmill walking cardio

Last edited:
That's some scary shit man, I've never had an episode.

How are you planning on running the slin with your skipload day?

That's some scary shit man, I've never had an episode.

How are you planning on running the slin with your skipload day?

Yes it really helps me pack in those carbs and fill me up.

Just to clarify my hypo episode yesterday wasn't insulin induced. Insulin is out this week. It was just from depleting during back and then cardio. I take that as a good indicator I am still utilizing glucose very efficiently because I had still has 90g of carbs all right before and during my workout. Then finished with 70g post.

You've never gotten clammy or shakey from extended exercise or a prolonged day without food. Shit I remember being a tiny little kid and my baby sitter slept all damn morning/afternoon. I had no food and I was shakey and weak and just wanted someone to feed me. I now know that I was going probably going hypo. I remember just continually chugging sweet tea to feel better once she woke up haha.

I did however have one little insulin hypo episode a week ago. I guess I just took my normal dose out of habit and on one of the days I decided to run a low carb intake with my workout. I was fine. I got up to go to the bathroom and came back to sit down. Started sweating like crazy. Just downed some sugar packets. I don't find it all that scary. I know it's not going to overtake me faster than I can respond to it and fix it. It's not like I sliced my femoral artery and have like 1.5 minutes before I keal over.

Last edited:
WHAT THE F... 205.7lbs this morning... I better gain like 12lbs for my carb load. At least that way I know I'm really depleted and not JUST small.

That's already about a 6lb drop from my pre-carb up low on sunday.

Have you pulled out peps yet?

Yes, this week I pulled the peps along with the slin. I will add them back starting Sunday though.

People say it doesn't happen and I haven't really looked into the research, but 3-4x a day of continual signaling on the pituitary to pump out gh, I would imagine somewhat of a down-regulation of the receptors of GHRH. I know it's only a week, but I'm hoping some time off those and slin will help them work a little better when I start back up, even if it's minimal. As you can see, lots of experimenting through this prep.

I'm going to change my split this coming week to something like this so I can properly taper down like typical carb cycle. ...

....and like before, Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday will be my much heavier, intense day. The second time through is a much faster paced, more supersets/drop sets, and stretch squeeze type movements.

Sunday - Off/Skipload - HIGH HIGH HIGH Carb day

Monday – Legs - Higher Carb ~240g - 30min AM LISS cardio

Tuesday – Back/light Bi - Med Carb ~200g - 30min am/30min PWO LISS

Wednesday - Chest/Shoulders/light tri - Medium Carb ~200g - 20min HIIT

Thursday – Light Legs - Med/low Carb ~150g - 30min am/30min PWO LISS

Friday – Back - Lower Carb ~100g - 20min HIIT

Sat – Chest/Shoulders/Full ARMS Low Carb ~100g - 30min am/30min PWO LISS

Simply the rest of the diet will be 60g protein each meal. 20g fat with first and last meal. Other pro/fat meals will have 10g fat. First carb meal 1.5 hours before workout will have 10g fat from Coconut oil. Other carb meals will have 0g fat while humalog is active during it's 4-5hour window.

Last edited:
Being that I've almost lost 10lbs this week and that's NOT including the water gain from carb load. My PRE carb load LOW weight was 211, being 202 this morning. I'm kind of worried. I feel l'm looking small. The little progress I made this week does NOT look like 10lbs worth of progress. I'm not carzy shredded now.

So with that, I'm SUPER SUPER tempted to start my carb load tonight. I know Skip says some guys end up doing that. I just feel I really need to fill back out.

Did legs and arms today. Things for sure felt heavier.

Yup went ahead and did it. Conscience told me that was a lot of damn weight to lose and I need the time to really fill it back out. Still holding off on the slin until tomorrow.

So I started carb up last night. Still woke up 205 lbs this morning. Time to fill out.

Just to torture those of us still on low carbs...how about posting up what you've been carbing up on??:D

Just to torture those of us still on low carbs...how about posting up what you've been carbing up on??:D

Haha o man, are you sure??

Well last night I started off with this..
**broken link removed**

I've had LOTS of cereal, perogies, Italian ice, soft bread pretzels, pop tarts, rice crispy treats, snack paks, gold fish, puppy chow, root beer haha I think that's about it..... so far....

I have a few more goodies to fit in tonight. I blew up to 219 lbs. I was pretty depleted I just knew it. I felt small so I measured my arms, they were down almost .5 of an inch. After all these carbs, no working out, they gained that whole .5 inch back. I'm pretty happy now and excited to see how this feels in the gym.

at first this makes your veins pop like crazy, but with the amount of carbs i've had, i'm a little washed out. That's fine with me, I know it'll fall right off again this week.

Last edited:
haha. I woke up with morning weight of 215 lbs. I feel very full. My fore arms and thumbs were getting pumps from doing normals tasks with my hands. Vascularity is down quite a bit, but as the week goes on, I will drop most of the water and it'll come back, but hopefully keep the muscles fuller this time. Shouldn't be a problem with insulin coming back into play this week.

that carb up looked amazing. awesome log though. made some huge changes already will definitely be following.

Felt good all day today. Started the new split. Hit legs. Pump was very strong. Sweating was greater than normal. It's got to be from all that water I'm holding. I did have some high ass sodium carbs too (cough cough.. ramen noodles..) We started the quad portion with heavy squats. Something we haven't done in a long time. I need to do it more. It was killer on the legs.

2/25 - Monday - Legs
Laying legs curls - 4x10-15 - 180x15, 200x15, 225x12, 225x12 DROP 130x18
Seated Legs Curls - 4x10-15 - 2p+25x15, 2p+25x15, 2p+35x12, 2p+40x8 Drop 2px15+15 partials
Squats 4x8-15 - 405x12, 455x8 Drop 315x10, 405x10 DROP 225x18
1 Leg sideways Hack squats - 3x12-15 - 1px15, 1px15, 1p+25x12
Hip Sled - 5x10 w/10 sec rest - 6platesx10x5
Seated calf 3x 12-20 - 3px20, 3px15, 4px12
Standing Calf - 3x10-15 - 300x12, 300x15, 300x12

30 mins walking cardio

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Nopko