A prep log of some sort...

Workouts look good mate!!

Your back workout looks pretty intense.

Mine atm is just..

Pulldowns
Low Cable Row
Wide Grip Bent Over Row
Rack Deadlifts..

But still enough im hoping as i do 5sets for each.

Will be good to see how you change when you add in the dryer compounds

That's solid. I believe in the bread and butter movements the most. I think you are doing plenty. Once thing I learned through DC is that more doesn't always have to be better if you can build enough intensity in the few sets you have. Those are the more intense movements you have picked out so I don't think you'll have a problem there!

I liked some of John's stuff that I tried a couple not so much.

Wednesday 1/30 - Legs
Laying Leg Curls - 15-20 DC rest/pause - 225x15+8+3=26
Seated leg curls - 3x10-12 - 100x12, 100x12, 110x12 Drop set 45x20

With tendentious on the top surface of my kneecaps and tightness and tenderness on my osgood-schlatter on my right knee, I've decided to start my presses with higher reps, so I can wear down my legs with lighter weight, so when I do get to my heavy sets I am more warm and I won't be able to go quite as heavy as if I were fresh.

Hip Sled - 4x20,15,12,10-12 - 8p (this means 8 plates a side)x20, 8p+135barX15, 8p+225x15, 8px315x12
Hack Squat - 3x12-15 - 2px15, 2p+25x15, 3px15
Leg Extension - 3x12-20 - 180x20, 220x15, 250x15
Standing Calf - 200x25, 260x15, 320x12, 360x10
Seated calf - 3x15 - 3px15, 3px15, 3px15

Today was my faster paced less harsh chest/shoulder day.

Chest
(I saw these cable flys from Ben Pakulski demonstrate these. Thought I'd try them. I like to try new things on my "light" day. You grab the cable. no handles.)
Straight arm downward cable fly - 3x10-15
Straight arm upward cable fly - 3x10-15
Incline DB press (pressing up but also pulling inward like a fly) 3x10
Incline hammer bench superset with flat hammer 3x12-15
Hammer flat - 3x12-15

Shoulders
Lean on incline, lateral raise 3x12-15
3x drop dropset lateral raise 30x15, 15x15, 10x15(keep moving until partials)
Cable rear fly 3x12-15
Machine shoulder press 3x12-15
Smith shrugs 3x12-15
supported incline shrugs 2x15

Took some gym pics. Pumped and flattering lighting... just makes me feel good :eek:

I think I might have said 8 weeks last time. Date calculator puts me at 8 weeks and a couple days. I still have some good stomach chub.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Do you have 2 chest + shoulder days then mate?

Yup, what I'm doing right now looks like this. Got the idea from John Meadows split. I went to 6 days basically so I don't have to do lots of cardio. Last time prepping for a show, I stayed on 3 days of DC the whole time, but towards the end I ws doing 1hr am and 1hr pm cardio on non training days and 1hr am and 30 mins PM on training days. Plus training 6 days a week will allow me to eat more carbs and help keep me fuller; from both the carb intake and frequency of hitting my muscle. My lighters days will be faster paced, include more drop sets and supersets than the heavy days. Here it is:

Monday - Hard/Heavy Back w/1set bicep pumpup to "feed" them
Tuesday - Hard/heavy chest/shoulders w/1set tricep pumpup to "feed" them
Wednesday - Hard/heavy legs
Thursday - Lighter back w/1set bicep pumpup to "feed" them
Friday - Light chest/shoulders
Saturday - Light legs, Full dedicated arm workout.
Sunday - Rest and Skipload/carb load

Last edited:
Impressive physique for a "27 year old poor college kid." Interesting log as well. Will def be checking in the see your progress. ? are you getting hungry yet? Im debating doing a show about 5 months away. Two time in the last four years ive contemplating competing and have backed out do being unsatisfied with my devlepoment, HUNGER, and over all lack of balance with life. Just curious how cats manage with it other than just being mentally tougher than Ive been able to achieve.

Impressive physique for a "27 year old poor college kid." Interesting log as well. Will def be checking in the see your progress. ? are you getting hungry yet? Im debating doing a show about 5 months away. Two time in the last four years ive contemplating competing and have backed out do being unsatisfied with my devlepoment, HUNGER, and over all lack of balance with life. Just curious how cats manage with it other than just being mentally tougher than Ive been able to achieve.

Thanks man. Only part of my physique I've developed over the last year as that "poor college kid." I've been a lifter my whole life. Started in 9th grade high school for football. Went into the Marines after high school. Never was able to progress much there, as I was a grunt, but nonetheless, I never stopped lifting. After the Marines was the fun part. I ended up doing personal protection for the state department at the Baghdad embassy. I had all the time in the wold to lift there and all the food at could eat. We worked maybe 20hrs a week, but got paid for everyday we were there. Came home in 2011 and that's when I was able to put everything together. Control of what food I ate was huge, and application of super supplements without worry of losing my job. Times are tough now though being back home, being a successful contractor, I was able to jump into a big boy life at 23 years old, buying our house and what not, but now we have to pay for all that while I finish school. My wife is the real hard worker. She believes in me and busts her ass to keep up going. I have my GI bill which we rely on greatly for living expenses and I bring in what I can through training. WIth all that though, this is my ultimate goal at the moment. All the work and money we bring in besides paying the bills go toward this goal. I've been in a professional field my entire adult life. I became a Marine which taught me a lot, while in I became a Marine Scout/Sniper, the best snipers of all the military. After that I put all my energy into becoming a contractor. Most of my peers there were 40+ years old, retired army, former seals, rangers, etc. I really had to prove myself to them, still I excelled there. So I have learned a lot about what it takes to reach a goal. I am an all or nothing kind of guy. If I don't have an immanent goal in sight, and I feel I am just drifting by, I seriously fall into depression. It happened often during off-season being that my next shows were so far off in the future. So I know it sounds like I'm talking a lot about my self here, but what I'm trying to do is share with your my experience so as to maybe shed light on a different perspective in hopes of you being able to see your goals in a new light. I say if you have a goal, and it burns in your heart, make that the center of everything and construct your days, weeks, months and years around THAT goal. and NO, I'm not saying be one dimensional and become so obsessed that other things suffer. But if that one goal is your number one goal, all other things you do in life are in order to support that goal, as I was saying how we do it in my house. My wife and I feed off each other, this is a team goal and we both reap the stress and the success.

AS for the diet, no I am never that hungry yet. I get hungry when it's about time for a meal, but I never have to suffer. Your diet should be slow yet strategic and at a pace to where you shouldn't really suffer towards the end. No need to dive balls out into a diet and reduce your cals by 50% off the bat and do an hour of cardio off the bat as well.

I'd be happy to shed some of my experience and opinions to help you reach the goals you wish to reach.

Last edited:
Thank you for your well thought out response. You are fortunate to have a good woman in your corner. Marriage problems have been a big source of turmoil in my life in recent years.

Anyway, whats your skip load like? Just curious bc I was under the impression that carbs where relatively low during the week then low fat and shit carbs to load once a week? Always sounded fun but never gave it a go.

And the diet advice is right on the money. I got 5 months to come nice and slow. My condition is decent now. Not super lean but not sloppy at all. Least not for me lol.

Btw, where did you come in for your last show? Im guess in LHW not that it matters just curious what ur stage lB was and how you did?

Thank you for your well thought out response. You are fortunate to have a good woman in your corner. Marriage problems have been a big source of turmoil in my life in recent years.

Anyway, whats your skip load like? Just curious bc I was under the impression that carbs where relatively low during the week then low fat and shit carbs to load once a week? Always sounded fun but never gave it a go.

And the diet advice is right on the money. I got 5 months to come nice and slow. My condition is decent now. Not super lean but not sloppy at all. Least not for me lol.

Sorry to hear that man. Things will fall into place with enough time. It's just getting there that sucks.

My carbs aren't super low right now, but it's all still low enough that I still get leaner. Like you said carbs are RELATIVELY low during the week. Relative to one's size, and work output from lifting session/cardio. So you can have a decent amount of carbs and still get somewhat depleted at the end of the week if your glycogen usage is higher than that of what you replenish. As you get leaner, the amount of time you have to skipload will increase. Most people start at about a 6 hour window to pack in carbs, I'm doing 8 hours right now and foods are as much of this stuff as I can eat.

poptarts, begals, twinkies, forzen yogurt, sorbet, cereal, soft pretzels, low fat chips, caramel apples, any other goodies I may come across. Haha we just put together a huge game plan of carbs for the super bowl tonight. This girl who is a friend of our, whom I am also training, is doing the same thing. We are all going over there for the super bowl, so we are compiling a smorgasbord of carb treats. It's supposed to be a little better to start this early, but this is a decent compromise to enjoy the game. We just need to suffer a half day longer than we are used to. It'll be worth it.

Btw, where did you come in for your last show? Im guess in LHW not that it matters just curious what ur stage lB was and how you did?

I finish 5th. It was a pretty big show with good competition. A national qualifier. I was right in the middle of LHW at 184lbs. We had 16 guys in my class. I just saw the guy who took first in my class in a GNC magazine in an ad for that BPI supplement company. So I feel comfortable with how I did based on my competition and how much left I had to fill in the the LHW.

Take a look at my before pictures before my first show. On page one here. I started that prep about 5 months out and I was a fatty fatty. Like you said, just take it nice and slow, keep your size or even put a little on. Just commit and stick to it. You got it.

Skip Loading sure does sound like fun:)
Judging from your 5 week out pics from last show its looks like ur ahead of schedule if you can drop fat that fast.
Enjoy the shitfest!

Skip Loading sure does sound like fun:)
Judging from your 5 week out pics from last show its looks like ur ahead of schedule if you can drop fat that fast.
Enjoy the shitfest!

Skiploading is great. It's like Christmas when you are deep into your diet. I woke up monday 6lbs up from my sunday low. So now the goal is to hit back to 212 by Weds or Thursday.

Thanks, I do feel happy about being in so much better shape this prep compared to last.

Well last stuff I logged was on my second lighter chest/shoulder day last Thursday. I did back that Friday and then light legs and full blown arms on saturday. i think my tren is kicking in because i did 365lbs on close grip bench on the smith for 7 reps on my last set. I've never gone that heavy, even for bench. Feeling good.

So this week...

2/4 Monday - Back=16 sets + 2 deads, Bi=5 pump sets
Smith Dead stop rows(I like these, did them last time) - 315x12, 325x10, 365x10, 365x10
Hammer Row - 3x10 - 3p+25x10, 3p+35x10, 4px10
Happer wide pulldown - 3x10 - 3px12, 3p+10x10, 3p+25x10
Negative neutral grip pulldowns 3x8-10 - Bodyweightx10, BWx8, BWx8
DC Rows - 3x10-12 - 120x12, 130x12, 140x10
Deadlift - 2x12,6-8 - 405x12, 475x6
Preacher curls 5x10 w/10 sec rest 70x10x5

2/5 Tuesday - Chest=14 sets, Shoulders = 9, Tri=5 pumps sets
Smith Incline bench 3/4 continuous rep - 4x15,12,10,6-8 - 275x15, 295x12, 315x10, 365x4+2 assisted DROP 225x12
Incline DB DC sytle RP - 3x15-20 total - 100x15+8+3=26
Pacman cable flys 3x12 - 50x12, 55x12, 65x12
Flat BB bench w/ 3 count neg, deadstop, explode up - 3x6-8 - 275x8, 275x6, 275x6, 225x20 burnout
Standing smith shoulder press behind neck dead stop 3x10 - 185x10, 185x10, 185x10 DROP 135x10
Side lateral raise tri drop set or whatever you want to call it 3x10-12 - 40x12/25x12/15x12, 45x10/25x10/15x8, 45x8/25x10/10x12
Rope high row RP - 3x15-20 total - 120x16+10+7 = 33
Wide st. bar cable tri ext 5x10 w/10 sec rest - 70x10x5

Oh yeah, new low on sunday was 212lbs, skiploaded, woke up 218lbs. Hopefully hit 212lbs again by weds or thursday to be one track.

Hey guys, it's been a little while. Just been on cruise control lately. Thing have been going decent. No major changes the last week. I was able to drop about a lbs this week. I think I'm going to ramp thing up this week. I wasn't feeling quite right this week. I kinda felt run down and my sleep was shitty. Like really shitty. My brain would never quite shut all the way off. I concluded that because of clen, ephedrine, caffeine, and yohimbine during the day, my cortisol was probably pretty high, I cut all stims out the last 4 days. After one day completely off, I slept very well. i should be good to go now. I'm going to ramp back up the stims again. Maybe not the best idea.. but hey, whatever.

I'm thinking of possibly keeping my carbs at 240g during my Mon, tues, weds "hard" days, and bring it down maybe to 150-180g during my "lighter" Thurs, fri, sat days. So kind of like a carb cycle. My goal is to end this prep looking like those european guys who are dry and peeled as fuck. I tell everyone my goal is to look like a retarded mutant. I just hope I can get there while staying large and full.

Only got down to 211.7lbs. Sunday, Skiploaded and woke up 218lbs again. What I think I'm going to try this week is add 4 days of PWO 20min cardio, and drop to about 100g carbs for Friday and Saturday. This will kind of make a hybrid of carb cycling and skiploading. Will also ramp up the stims again.

This morning I did 17 mins of HIIT and 20mins PWO cardio on stepper
Today's workout was back

2/11 - Monday - Back w/bicep pump set
Cable Triangle bar row - 4x10-12 - 220x12, 240x12, 260x10, 280x8
Standing DB neutral grip row - 3x10-12 - 80x12, 90x12, 100x10
EZ Bar underhand pulldown - 4x10-12 - 190x12, 210x12, 230x10, 230x10
Wide Neutral grip pulldown - 3x10-12 - 190x12, 210x10, 220x10
Mt Dog "stretchers" - 3x12 - 120x12, 120x12, 130x12
Deadlifts - 2x12-15,6-8 - 405x15, 475x7
DB simultaneous curl 5x10(10sec rest) - 35x10, 35x10, 25x10, 20x10, 15x10

Last edited:
I'm starting week 5 of my slin. Does anyone with experience running this pre-contest have any suggestions on whether I should continue this or take a couple weeks off? yes, the last week or so have been less dramatic changes, but vascularity has really increased over the last 2 weeks since I have introduced Tren.

Unless anyone has any solid suggestions, I may just run it this week, see how my other changes help or not then decide whether to keep it in or not.

Lost most of my carb load weight by Tuesday, this morning I hit my baseline at 211.8. Like I said, I added 20 min PWO cardio plus I'm doing 3 days of 40 min LISS and 2 days of 20 min HIIT.

2/12 - Tuesday - Chest/Shoulders w/quick tri pumpup

Hammer incline bench 3x11-15RP - 4px15+8+3=21 total
Smith flat focus on TUT 3x15,12,8-10 - 295x15, 315x12, 365x8
Pac Man St arm cable fly(upward) - 3x12 - 35x15, 45x12, 50x12
Low Incline DB Bench - 5x10(10 sec rest) - 75x10x5
DB FLY/press - 3x12 - 50x12(+3 twist flys),50x12(+3 twist flys),50x12(+3 twist flys)
Shoulders
Wide Smith Upright row - 4x8-12 - 185x15, 205x12, 215x12, 225x8
Heavy Partial side lateral superset/ full side lat - 4x20/12 - 80x12/35x12, 80x12/35x12, 80x12/25x12, 80x12/25x12
Mt. Dog rear shoulder destroyer - 60(partial)/30(partials)/10(full) - 60x50, 30x30, 15x15
Machine press burnout
Rope press down - 5x10 - 50x15, 75x12, 75x12, 80x10, 80x10

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
reachbusinessdirectdubai@
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner