over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any Help on Snoring?

How Does One Go About Making An Appt For Sleep Study? should I See Pcp And Go From There?

Your primary care physician would be a good place to start. I personally see a pulmonologist. I personally feel pulmonologist's are a better choice when dealing with OSA. As s/he will more than likely have you do a pulmonary function test in conjunction with a sleep study.

Otherwise, yes you have to be referred a sleep lab from a Physician, P.A or N.P.

How Does One Go About Making An Appt For Sleep Study? should I See Pcp And Go From There?

Get an operationa to take ur tonsils out, like i did. Works perfect

I just went to my Primary Care Physician and he referred me to a local sleep study...the sleep study sucks, but pretty easy.

Can anyone reccomend any cpap machines that work? My neck is fairly thick (proly 17in+) but yea Im not about to stop bulking as I wanna come in to Jr USAs as big as I can.

I'm going to bump this since it's recent instead of starting a new thread.

I have sleep apnea, it's no doubt in my mind, I have all the symptons. Loud snoring, stop breathing during sleep, waking up multiple times a night, drooling during sleep, wake up with headaches feeling like I fell off of a cliff, etc.

Problem is my appt is not till a month from now. In the meantime I was thinking about using one of those stop snoring mouth pieces till my appt, so I at least can sleep a little better and my family can sleep. Anyone can recommend one they used that worked? Like I said I understand it's not the answer but I'm willing to use whatever to get some decent sleel till my doc appt.

With mouth pieces they really need to be custom made in order to be effective.
In the mean time, you may want to look into this as an alternative to a mouth piece. The chin strap can be used in conjunction with cpap therapy.

Treatment of Severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome with a Chinstrap

Direct Home Medical: Single Strap Chinstrap for CPAP Therapy

I'm going to bump this since it's recent instead of starting a new thread.

I have sleep apnea, it's no doubt in my mind, I have all the symptons. Loud snoring, stop breathing during sleep, waking up multiple times a night, drooling during sleep, wake up with headaches feeling like I fell off of a cliff, etc.

Problem is my appt is not till a month from now. In the meantime I was thinking about using one of those stop snoring mouth pieces till my appt, so I at least can sleep a little better and my family can sleep. Anyone can recommend one they used that worked? Like I said I understand it's not the answer but I'm willing to use whatever to get some decent sleel till my doc appt.

Last edited:
Can anyone reccomend any cpap machines that work? My neck is fairly thick (proly 17in+) but yea Im not about to stop bulking as I wanna come in to Jr USAs as big as I can.

Respironics by Phillips is what I use. When I went to get a new one last year, I have to have a script from my doctor to get the machine. The supplies I can get no problem, but the machine its self is by script. At least where I live.

With mouth pieces they really need to be custom made in order to be effective.
In the mean time, you may want to look into this as an alternative to a mouth piece. The chin strap can be used in conjunction with cpap therapy.

Treatment of Severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome with a Chinstrap

Direct Home Medical: Single Strap Chinstrap for CPAP Therapy
Thanks Stewie. So I would wear the strap to keep my mouth closed? Wouldn't keeping my mouth closed further the sleep apnea issue of lack of breathe? Or is forcing the mouth closed promote better breathing through the nose?

I'm trying to understand how this helps?

Swim:

They all "work". You should go to thecpapshop.com or such sites to learn the differences between cpap, auto cpap, bipap. If you do not want to learn the short version is in almost all cases an auto machine gives much more flexibility. In cases with Central Sleep Apnea rather than the prevalent Obstructive Sleep Apnea, you need a specialized machine.

The auto titrating (adjusting) machines can function as a regular CPAP, and self regulate to find the best setting for you. As a matter of fact several sleep studies not done in a center send you home with an auto machine then you bring it back in and they read the memory cards to get your settings.

I have the ResMed S8, the S9 is now available. The one I use however is a Philips Pr something or other, I don't remember now. It is a Auto Bipap that allows a much lower exhaling pressure that makes it easier for me to sleep.

There are great boards for apnea just like this board and they are easy to find.

I was pretty certain I had sleep apnea as well. Didn't get a study, but bought a Resmed S9 Autoset.

A week or so to get used to the full face mask, and I've never slept better.

Before the machine I couldn't even lay down to take a 30min nap. I'd snore so bad so quickly that I'd never fall asleep.

Now the wife sleeps better too as she's not constantly hitting me at night trying to get me to stop snoring.

I just bought the machine and checked out a few forums to learn more about how to use it and its been great so far. Not bad to figure out at all.

This should help explain it better.
Anti-snoring Chin Straps ? Do They Work?

I wouldn't use this as a replacement for properly titrated cpap therapy. More so, in the mean time before your physician sets you up for a sleep study. I believe this is a better option as opposed to buying a improperly fitted mouth piece. Plus mouth pieces are only effective for mild to moderate OSA. They don't seem to be helpful for more severe cases of OSA. Definitely don't use if your sinuses are plugged up.

Thanks Stewie. So I would wear the strap to keep my mouth closed? Wouldn't keeping my mouth closed further the sleep apnea issue of lack of breathe? Or is forcing the mouth closed promote better breathing through the nose?

I'm trying to understand how this helps?

Just had sleep study last night. in the middle of the night tech woke me up and hooked me up on CPAP due to breathing issues and extreme snoring.... With Cpap i didnt snore at all and slept like a baby for the rest of the night.

Now i have follow up app with my DR in 2 weeks and will get CPAP machine prescribed.

wires LOL
FullSizeRender.jpg

This should help explain it better.
Anti-snoring Chin Straps ? Do They Work?

I wouldn't use this as a replacement for properly titrated cpap therapy. More so, in the mean time before your physician sets you up for a sleep study. I believe this is a better option as opposed to buying a improperly fitted mouth piece. Plus mouth pieces are only effective for mild to moderate OSA. They don't seem to be helpful for more severe cases of OSA. Definitely don't use if your sinuses are plugged up.
Stewue I read through the entire article and he actually mentions that a chin strap is ineffective at helping sleep apnea? I understand how keeping the mouth and jaw in place should improve breathing but I am caught off guard by his comment regarding sleep apnea.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
reachbusinessdirectdubai@
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131