over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone try an all shakes diet?

The old "Velocity Diet" from t-nation was all shakes and like 1 whole food meal per week and then it turned into 1 whole food meal per day.

I believe Skip Hill did an experiment with willing participants where he had them get all of their protein from shakes, but adjusted carb sources and included fiber from veggies. All participants did very well from what I recall. I had a friend do the experiment and it was the best he has ever looked and honestly, since then his physique has gone to shit LOL

I do feel a mix in amino acid profiles is beneficial and as long as you are using the right supplements to ensure the micronutrients are covered and you get enough fiber and overall macros, then I don't see an issue. If doing this, I would suggest using various types of proteins, e.g whey isolate, micellar casein, milk protein isolate, beef protein isolate, egg protein... and even some plant based proteins like rice or pea protein to get a variety of amino profiles as one would when eating meals of chicken fish, beef.. etc..

I agree that having a mix of different protein powders would work best. I like that idea.

I never heard of the velocity or skip all shakes diet. What carb and fats sources are recommended for any of these diets?

For veggies, would vegetable powder work in your shakes?

I mix 2-3 scoops of Truenutrition Whey Isolate + 140 grams of either blueberries, mixed berries, or strawberries (Frozen from Costco) + 1/2 cup of powdered oats + 1 cup of almond milk + some extra water.....then blend in my nutribullet.

I'll sometimes add in 1-2 ounces of mixed greens or 1-3 teaspoons of TN's Supergreens.

I'll have this 2-4x/d along with 1-2 solid meals......'at this time.'

I've been out of the gym since December:eek:

I should note that throughout all the healthy eating I mentioned above, the one solid meal I have on my way home at night has embarasssingly been fast food....been keeping them open...lol.

Last edited:
I agree that having a mix of different protein powders would work best. I like that idea.

I never heard of the velocity or skip all shakes diet. What carb and fats sources are recommended for any of these diets?

For veggies, would vegetable powder work in your shakes?

You'd have to ask Skip about the experiment he did. I wasn't part of it...

A long time ago JT told me he did a prot. shake and oatmeal diet, and that was the best he's ever looked at a contest.........this was about 15 years ago.....I also have a local friend who turned pro on all metrx shakes along with rice cakes................I'm currently on all shakes, and one good solid meal after my workout that has some fats and about 70 carbs.............then at night I'll have a shake and eat peanuts or almonds when I'm hungry. This really works well for me bc I have little to no appetite.

don't know how you do it my friend - I had about 90 grams of TN's TeamSkip formula cookies n cream in about 8 oz of unsweetened almond milk for my last meal and I was starving before bed and dying in the morning. :)

When Met-RX was the bomb back in the early days I used to chug down 6 shakes and 3 solid meals and didn't look or feel very good.

don't know how you do it my friend - I had about 90 grams of TN's TeamSkip formula cookies n cream in about 8 oz of unsweetened almond milk for my last meal and I was starving before bed and dying in the morning. :)

When Met-RX was the bomb back in the early days I used to chug down 6 shakes and 3 solid meals and didn't look or feel very good.

Maybe u shud change ur name to wussy g👸

Maybe u shud change ur name to wussy g👸

or maybe I should not speed read posts :) I just reread your post and saw you had no appetite - which means that's a pretty good way to get food down plus you are dieting.

for me the opposite was when bulking I couldn't cram enuff protein down so I would grind chicken breast and make chicken salad, grind my own steak, and eat lean burger in soups and stuff like that..anything to hasten getting the food down...chewing killed the appetite further so big bites and the less chewing the better! :)

largest human being I ever met in my life close only by Jeep Swanson was Trevor Smith, I was at 295 appetite completely shut down was talking to him about it, he said he drank 80-90% of his calories and mostly at night.

Trevor smiths protein ultra-7 was the best tasting protein I ever used... I used to drink 3-4 shakes a day of that...but it was quite pricey ! Trevor smith was a monster !

Trevor smiths protein ultra-7 was the best tasting protein I ever used... I used to drink 3-4 shakes a day of that...but it was quite pricey ! Trevor smith was a monster !

I currently drink Isopure, but what would you say comes close to Trevor Smith's protein at a reasonable cost?

or maybe I should not speed read posts :) I just reread your post and saw you had no appetite - which means that's a pretty good way to get food down plus you are dieting.

for me the opposite was when bulking I couldn't cram enuff protein down so I would grind chicken breast and make chicken salad, grind my own steak, and eat lean burger in soups and stuff like that..anything to hasten getting the food down...chewing killed the appetite further so big bites and the less chewing the better! :)
Prolly not the best way to do things, but the best way when foods not an option.

talk about a sunshine fest.
:)
largest human being I ever met in my life close only by Jeep Swanson was Trevor Smith, I was at 295 appetite completely shut down was talking to him about it, he said he drank 80-90% of his calories and mostly at night.

When I drink shakes with oats in them, I gain weight crazy fast.

Thanks, I am. You guys want to sit around and act like this? That's fine! I asked Queefer who JT is. I thought it might be Jethro Tull but there was no way to know. So I asked the source. Guess what...the source (queefer) who likes to stir the pot and then send me private messages telling me to let things go and be less of a dick....IGNORES my questions. I actually took queefers advice to heart and someone who will go out of their way to plead with me how not being angry all the time is a "better way" ignores my questions, and "likes" posts that are negative of me. Real mature...and shows/speaks a lot.

Marshallmadman who has always been ok in my book....guesses it might be Jethro tull....wow I guessed that too (in my head) but still no confirmation AND a question mark indicates a guess.

Lex, you also don't answer my question...but sit there and tell me he's someone I should aspire to look like at that age. I respond with the fact it doesn't answer my question....and I still don't know who the subject is. (You obviously did and are still posting things at me with negative undertones.

Is it that hard for any of you to give me an answer? I asked a question! I didn't do a damn thing but inquire who queefer was talking about!

No I didn't get the joke or humor from marshall. Completely missed the attempt. I'm sick of getting fingers pointed at me when I am trying to act right. It's silly and none of you seem to see it.

If your so sick of it leave. Isn't your favorite piece of advice to use the search function? Just to see if it would work I searched "JT" and figured it out.

If your so sick of it leave. Isn't your favorite piece of advice to use the search function? Just to see if it would work I searched "JT" and figured it out.

I don't want to leave or I would. Clearly, I am not sick of this place or I would have said so. I obviously want people to act the same way I am told to and trying to act. Searching "JT" doesn't verify a damn thing. A simple answer would have done just fine. You want to argue your point...that's fine too...a simple answer from any of you would have done just fine. Like I said, MM's answer would have been fine if I knew he was sure and not just guessing. I've stayed in my lane so I don't think asking the OP(or anyone who knows) a question is a crime.

Here is a pic of a guy who at the time of his win at the USAs in 95, was existing almost soley on lean beef aminos.
uploadfromtaptalk1428895896070.jpg

I don't drink shakes like I use to as now I drink mostly pasteurized egg whites from shoprite...each 32 oz container has 100 grams of protein for 3.50 - 4$ ...I try to drink 2 containers a day... You can't beat the price and you know what you are getting ! Lol .. The thing that about Trevor smiths protein especially the fruit punch flavor is that besides tasting good .. It gave u no bloat !! I loved and lived on that shit for years before he passed ! Isopure is good as is species isolyze ...Beverly international's ump is very good as well... But nothing has ever come close to fruit punch flavored ultra-7 ( I think that was the name of it as it has been many years ...lol)

I currently drink Isopure, but what would you say comes close to Trevor Smith's protein at a reasonable cost?

JT .....

I don't want to leave or I would. Clearly, I am not sick of this place or I would have said so. I obviously want people to act the same way I am told to and trying to act. Searching "JT" doesn't verify a damn thing. A simple answer would have done just fine. You want to argue your point...that's fine too...a simple answer from any of you would have done just fine. Like I said, MM's answer would have been fine if I knew he was sure and not just guessing. I've stayed in my lane so I don't think asking the OP(or anyone who knows) a question is a crime.

Doesn't post here much anymore. Too many rude, know-it-all, angry, guys posting here all the time. I am nothing special, but I do get nearly all my protein from shakes. When I looked my best it was protein drinks and oats 6 times per day.

Attachments

• 2014-12-17 20.47.52_resized.jpg
    2014-12-17 20.47.52_resized.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 302
Thanks, Queefer!

Prolly not the best way to do things, but the best way when foods not an option.

:)

When I drink shakes with oats in them, I gain weight crazy fast.

It works for me too.

Attachments

• 2014-12-17 20.51.30_resized.jpg
    2014-12-17 20.51.30_resized.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 304

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members