over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Arm day or waste of time?

Spiro

Registered
Newbies
What do you think is better to grow your arms, a specific arm day instead of doing them in push,pull with higher freuquency?
Whats your expirience guys, wich method worked better for you?

Depends on your arms too, if you have big arms no need exercices, back and pectorals it's okay, otherway you will become disproportional, if not train it 👌,

Couple things you can do to target arms before an arm day. Change exercises that hit them harder on PPL. Example of poor tricep focus push:

DB bench
Chest fly
Dumbell laterals
Cable y raise
Rope pushdown
Rope OH extension

Tricep focus push:

Medium close barbell Bench
Decline chest press
Smith OHP
Cable laterals
JM press
OH extensions

That’s 6 extra sets partially tagging the triceps, and much more heavy work on the tricep.

I hate training arms! Feels like such a waste of time. Thankfully my arms have always responded pretty well to the compound moves i do on push and pull days

A study i saw showed untrained peoples arms grow just as well as whether they had a separate day or just stuck to major parts. But i used various splits. Biceps on chest day, triceps on back day their own special day.

No offense sounds like a question from someone who has never trained before or has very minimal experience. Pretty much all aspects of bodybuilding come down to individual response to training and aas. Some people rarely isolate biceps and triceps and have decent growth. Some people have to hit them hard to make gains. Some people take 500mg test and blow up. Some have to bust their ass for years and eat like an animal to make any gains at all. You do what you need to do based on trial and error and how your body responds to a stimulus. Yes there some somewhat universal principals but you never know the best solution until you experiment for yourself.

Im going to start doing this to get arms and shoulders extra work

Chest (pump delts)
Back (pump arms)
Legs/traps (pump delts)
Cardio
Delts
Arms
Cardio

Basic bro split 8 sets per part, heavy. Then get some extra arm and delt work in with higher reps.

What do you think is better to grow your arms, a specific arm day instead of doing them in push,pull with higher freuquency?
Honestly, it’s determined by your genetics. My arms have grown well training them once a week, twice a week, and even three days per week. I can’t tell a difference as long as I train them hard. I prefer hitting arms once a week and getting that massive pump.

Theres alot more potential for sarcoplasmic growth vs myofibril growth when it comes to arms imo

Unless you have amazing genetics you need dedicated arm days which in the end only. Poster your back and chest days at least if your serious if you’re just chasing ass bro splits are fine but the guys who go 110 will always have bigger better arms at the gym/beach/bar

I actually recently added an arm day after previously only training them with another body part

Definitely noticing an improvement. Also cut back on my leg training which probably freed up some growth potential.

I actually recently added an arm day after previously only training them with another body part

Definitely noticing an improvement. Also cut back on my leg training which probably freed up some growth potential
I will add arm day and see if i make better imrprovements.
I was thinking this setup:
Chest/shoulders
Back
Arms
Legs (one quad, one ham dominant)
Off
Repeat

This way i hit muscle every 5th day.
Whats your setup?

Chest/shoulders
Back
Arms
Off
Repeat

Whats your setup?
I do a bro split

Chest
Back
Legs traps
Off
Delts
Arms
Off

On yours I just don't like that shoulders don't get their own day. Arms and shoulders make a physique imo, they need intense work.

Chest/shoulders
Back
Arms
Off
Repeat

Whats your setup?
3 on 1 off

First three
Chest/tris
Back/Hams
Delts/Bis

Second three
Back
Arms
Legs

My arms are finally starting to be a strength since I instituted a dedicated arm day. I was against it for years. Seems to work for me.

My arms are finally starting to be a strength since I instituted a dedicated arm day. I was against it for years. Seems to work for me.
Yes, i heard many people said the same thing when they included dedicated arm day they arms started to grow.
Thats why my are lagging did ppl split for 2 years and everthyng grew nicely except arms and hams so will focus on that now.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131