over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ask Dr K your peptide questions

Tell me 10 peptide facts (about any of the various peptides used today) that you think most don't know about. It doesn't have to be 10 different peptides but just a few for certain ones. Just interesting info you feel the typical researcher may not know. Things like mega dosing for optimal muscle growth or combinations for improved sleep etc.

1. GHRH CJC 1295 w/DAC causes prolonged secretion of GH from the pituitary. In normal physiology, once GH has initiated the secretion of IGF-1 (somatomedins), which inhibit further secretion of GH from the pituitary and by stimulating the secretion of somatostatin from the hypothalamus. GHRH also inhibits its own secretion from the hypothalamus. GH secretion also causes secretion of somatostatin (directly inhibits GH) from the hypothalamus thus inhibiting its own secretion as well. These negative feedback loops would lead me to believe the use of CJC 1295 w/DAC would not be as effective as GHRH w/out DAC.

2. Having said that, there is new data to show the potential usefulness of the peptide CJC1295 DAC, recent studies have shown a 7.5 fold increase in basel GH levels and a 1-3fold increase in IGF-1 levels when using doses of 30-60mcg per kg, so for a 100kg person this would be 3-6mg per week. These studies were not compared to the use of GHRH w/out DAC:
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006 Mar;91(3):799-805. Epub 2005 Dec 13.
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006 Dec;91(12):4792-7. Epub 2006 Oct 3.

Pulsatile GH secretion is considered important for many of the hormone’s physiological effects. Short-term GHRH infusions enhance GH pulsatility and increase IGF-I, but the short GHRH half-life limits its therapeutic use. A synthetic GHRH analog (CJC-1295) that binds permanently to endogenous albumin after injection (half-life = 8 d) stimulates GH and IGF-I secretion in several animal species and in normal human subjects and enhances growth in rats. GH secretion was increased after CJC-1295 administration with preserved pulsatility. The frequency and magnitude of GH secretory pulses were unaltered. However, basal GH levels were markedly increased (7.5-fold; P < 0.0001) and contributed to an overall increase in GH secretion (mean GH levels, 46%; P < 0.01) and IGF-I levels (45%; P < 0.001). The marked enhancement of trough GH levels by continuous GHRH stimulation implicates the importance of this effect on increasing IGF-I. Long-acting GHRH preparations may have clinical utility in patients with intact pituitary GH secretory capability.

3. GH works in a fashion that insulin hence any fat or carbohydrates will block or inhibits its secretion. Therefore, it is very important when trying to initiate GH secretion, even with the use of peptides like GHRP or GHRH that you be in a fasted state. You may eat pure protein but as a rule of thumb it is good to remain completely fasted for maximal GH secretion. A good period of fasting would be 2 hours previous to any injection. 2 hours is approximately how long it take for the stomach to empty its contents into the duodenum. Once you have inject, it is best to stay fasted for a complete 30 min. Some say 15-20 but for maximal GH secretion try to make it to 30 min (may be very hard with GHRP6 lol).

4. BPC 157 Peptide is a new great healing peptide. It appears that it cause new vessel formation at injection site and has even proven to assist in the healing of a rat’s quadriceps. There is suggested use of 250-500mcg daily split between each injured tendon area. Some have taken upwards to 800mcg a day but as little as 200mcg has shown to be effective. Broken down in to 2x/day injections may be more beneficial. Injecting right into the tendon or joint is very dangerous and that must be taken in to consideration. So if you choose, do it at your own risk. Injection site, preferably around 1-4 inches away to yield the most benefit to the injured area. In summation, both healing Peptides are capable of healing injuries systemically or locally via subcutaneous or intramuscular injection.
Some have found intramuscular injection into the wound site to be best, requiring only minimal doses. It appears BPC157 works by stimulating angiogenisis (creation of new blood vessels) which in turn aids in healing. Frequent micro-dosing as close as possible to the injury site as possible seems to be good. After all you cannot create any slow release deposit of a water soluble as you do with oils; also, keep in mind at the cellular level you only need that very small quantity to hit the receptors or trigger whatever events lead to the healing. Therefore, I argue that small frequent administrations will lead to a greater overall exposure at the site you wish to stimulate the angiogenisis (and resulting increased healing) upon as oppose to one larger less frequent dosage that simply gets swept away. Some say they healed within 10 days with this protocol.
“The beneficial effect of BPC 157, a 15 amino acid peptide BPC fragment, on gastric and duodenal lesions induced by restraint stress, cysteamine and 96% ethanol in rats. A comparative study with H2 receptor antagonists, dopamine promotors and gut peptides”
Predrag Sikiric MD PhD, CDD, Department of Pharmacology, Medical Faculty University of Zagreb, Salata 11, POB 916, 41000 Zagreb, Croatia
European Journal of Pharmacology
“The influence of a novel pentadecapeptide, BPC 157, on NG-nitro-L-arginine methylester and L-arginine effects on stomach mucosa integrity and blood pressure”

Journal of Orthopedic Research
“Effective therapy of transected quadriceps muscle in rat: Gastric pentadecapeptide BPC 157”

5. Adding 1-4iu of GH 10-15 minutes after peptides will give a bigger overall pulse of GH (natural + synthetic) any more than 4iu and this will result in more of a bleed type situation rather than a pulse of GH.
Adding Insulin to peptides will give you the same type of results as adding it to GH

6. You touched on sleep. There is a peptide that is actually really remarkable called DSIP or Delta Sleep Inducing Peptide. I don't have time to discuss it now but this would be an amazing discussing as I have even read that this peptide can extend life and reduce the risk of tumors (cancer). Which may come to be important if take excess IGF-1. There is also another peptide worth discussing called Epithalon, which I believe has had some twin studies done in Russia I believe. Crazy results.

Dr K what are you talking about? Only on workout days? Aren't you supposed to take it every day, twice a day?

Thanks for the honest answer - guys we aren't here to just push product!

There is no hard and fast protocol. But if you are looking to really target your only your damaged tissue then you should only do it on lifting days. This will limit its effects on the heart, bone and intestine, which at a resting state (no damaged tissue) will effect. So if one wishes to keep side effects down they would do it in this fashion. Having said that, if you are wishing to get maximal effect from the drug then yes more often is better. You are just at a higher risk for side effects.

The way I see it, if you are willing to do this drug then you are at or should be at a level where you are working out almost everyday anyway. So there really is not a time where there is no damaged tissue (muscle), therefore taking everyday would be of more benefit.

Let me know if this helps with the understanding and if I am in some way confused please let me know that as well.

Big Zack king khan reps for axis...must be what he's on. Haha

Good find Diesel250 - Zack does believe in using peptides and he isn't like the other 99% that won't openly admit to it.

Are peptides what got him where he is? HAHA come on, we wouldn't even go there.

If you follow Zack you know he has had some injuries. He has been using BPC157 and TB 500. He also has problems sleeping and recently started on DSIP.

Wonder who he went to for his protocol?

Dr what is your opininion on using tb500 for cardiac tissue repair..Should someone who had a heart attack try it and what it would be the best protocol in this case(dosage/duration)

what peptide would you suggest for forehead lines? don't tell me to grow long bangs like rambo told me.

Is there any way to stop hand numbness? and why does it mainly happen when you lay down?

3. GH works in a fashion that insulin hence any fat or carbohydrates will block or inhibits its secretion. Therefore, it is very important when trying to initiate GH secretion, even with the use of peptides like GHRP or GHRH that you be in a fasted state. You may eat pure protein but as a rule of thumb it is good to remain completely fasted for maximal GH secretion. A good period of fasting would be 2 hours previous to any injection. 2 hours is approximately how long it take for the stomach to empty its contents into the duodenum. Once you have inject, it is best to stay fasted for a complete 30 min. Some say 15-20 but for maximal GH secretion try to make it to 30 min (may be very hard with GHRP6 lol).

You are clearly more knowledgeable than I originally thought... But this has been dis-proven - granted maybe not in a University lab but self testing none the less.

GHRP's/GHRH's seem to over ride whatever mechanism causes this.

You are clearly more knowledgeable than I originally thought... But this has been dis-proven - granted maybe not in a University lab but self testing none the less.

GHRP's/GHRH's seem to over ride whatever mechanism causes this.

I am likely to believe you on this as well. Later in the comment you quote of mine I discus the studies that are changing my opinion on CJC w/DAC and that would kinda fall in the category of what you are saying. BC if CJC/DAC allows the GH to stay high and we are eating thru out this time then it must clearly be overcoming the insulin. I hope GHRP/GHRH can over come the insulin secretion and still allow GH to work its magic. I think it is just a matter of time until a study is conducted to perhaps prove what you are experiencing.

I appreciate your feedback and experience.

Good find Diesel250 - Zack does believe in using peptides and he isn't like the other 99% that won't openly admit to it.

Are peptides what got him where he is? HAHA come on, we wouldn't even go there.

If you follow Zack you know he has had some injuries. He has been using BPC157 and TB 500. He also has problems sleeping and recently started on DSIP.

Wonder who he went to for his protocol?

Being able to work with Big Zach King Kong is a privilege and an honor.

Thank you for point that out.

Dr what is your opininion on using tb500 for cardiac tissue repair..Should someone who had a heart attack try it and what it would be the best protocol in this case(dosage/duration)

AMAZING QUESTION!

Ok, you are on the cusp of new ways we are thinking of dealing with how to heal all injuries, even the cardiac tissue. There are actually some studies looking into your question.

Thymosin Beta 4 protects mice from monocrotaline-induced pulmonary hypertension and right ventricular hypertrophy.
Wei C1, Kim IK1, Li L2, Wu L3, Gupta S1.

Thymosin Beta 4 protects mice from monocrotaline-induced pulmonary hypertension and right ventricular hypertrophy. - PubMed - NCBI

The main functionality of TB500 relies on it's ability to up-regulate cell building proteins like Actin. Up-regulation of Actin allows TB500 to promote cell migration and proliferation. This not only helps build new blood vessel pathways but also regulates inflammation directly correlated with wound healing. Its versatility even extends to its molecular structure and low molecular weight, which lends to its mobility and ability to travel long distances through tissues. This means when targeting injured areas (chronic or acute), TB500 has the ability to circulate the body and find those areas of injury in order to take corrective action. Added benefits of improved flexibility, reduced inflammation in tendons have been noticed, and some users report some re-grown lost hair (also reports of grayed hair darkening).

Now specifically for a generating new vessel formation in cardiac tissue, in theory, yes, but a Myocardial Infarct is very serious and I can not responsibly tell you that it would be a good idea to take TB500. I don't know how it would react with other medications one would be taking post MI, and there is a protocol of meds to be taken post MI. Having said that, if there was no interaction hypothetically then one could try to take it to help heal, as the side effect do not affect the cardio vascular system.

While TB-500 can be remarkably effective administered alone, at least some persons will experience better results with TB-500 taken together with GHRP than with TB-500 alone.

Alternately, compared to using TB-500 alone, healing effect can be improved by combining TB-500 with a GHRP (such as GHRP-2, GHRP-6, ipamorelin, or hexarelin), or a GHRP / Mod GRF stack or MK-2866 (Ostarine), the SARM

TB-500 is typically provided as lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder in vials of 2.0 mg. A convenient amount of sterile or BS water will be added, such as 1.0 mL. In the most common dosing protocol, the entire vial is taken at one time. If taking the entire vial, the entire amount will be drawn into a syringe, typically an insulin syringe, and injected. Injection may be subcutaneous, intramuscular, or intravenous, according to personal preference.

The most common dosing protocol is to take 2.0 or 2.5 mg of TB-500 twice per week for four to six weeks, and then reduce to a lower dosing rate such as once or twice per month for maintenance.

What we know if very limited with regard to TB-500 dosage. The above protocol may or may not be the most efficient, but it is the protocol with the most track record. It’s entirely possible that as knowledge is gained, method of use will change. A reasonable possibility, for example, is to increase dosing frequency to 3x/week (which I have done personally to good effect), or to increase dosing to 4 or 5 mg twice per week. Before going to such a program, however, I recommend trying the standard protocol first. And for this reason, I would not safely recommend it's use post MI as of yet.

If interested in animal uses, a typical dosing protocol for horses is a course of six 10 mg injections at 7-10 day intervals. For more intensive treatment, 20 mg is used weekly. For racing dogs, a typical protocol is a course of six 5 mg injections taken weekly.

Great topic.

what peptide would you suggest for forehead lines? don't tell me to grow long bangs like rambo told me.

HMMM...

Just forehead line? Well, any of the GHRP/GHRH combinations if even taken once per day will give you some of the youth back to your skin but to target specific line that are already there you might want to look to botox, as said, or a collagen filler. I believe you will be more satisfied with your result it that is the only reason you desire to use peptides.

If I were to select on for you, Ipamorelin might be the best.BUT, there is another peptide I just thought of:

DSIP, the delta sleep inducing peptide, could assist in bring some your back to your skin.

The BIG ONE:

Epitalon. This new peptide is proving to extend life, reduce the risk of cancer and I even believe there was some twin studies done in russia.

Effect of Epitalon on biomarkers of aging, life span and spontaneous tumor incidence in female Swiss-derived SHR mice

Vladimir N. Anisimov , Vladimir Kh. Khavinson, Irina G. Popovich, Mark A. Zabezhinski, Irina N. Alimova, Svetlana V. Rosenfeld, Natalia Yu. Zavarzina,
Anna V. Semenchenko, Anatoli I. Yashin

Effect of Epitalon on biomarkers of aging, life span and spontaneous tumor incidence in female Swiss-derived SHR mice - Springer

**broken link removed**

The Science behind Epitalon, the Miracle Anti-Aging Peptide

Epithalon Peptide Induces Telomerase Activity and Telomere Elongation in Human Somatic Cells
Epithalon Peptide Induces Telomerase Activity and Telomere Elongation in Human Somatic Cells - Springer

In this next link, I have found some twin studies and the site is even supplying the case study references:

**broken link removed**

Great question, I hope this helps

Is there any way to stop hand numbness? and why does it mainly happen when you lay down?

Honestly, if you are prone to that side effect I don't really know what you could do to avoid it. The best thing to do, if it is really bothering you, if to cut back the dose or dose less frequent.

As for why it is worse laying down, I would say that is bc when you are laying down you are probably not as active and distracted so you notice it and think about it more.

Let me know if you found this helpful.

HMMM...

Just forehead line? Well, any of the GHRP/GHRH combinations if even taken once per day will give you some of the youth back to your skin but to target specific line that are already there you might want to look to botox, as said, or a collagen filler. I believe you will be more satisfied with your result it that is the only reason you desire to use peptides.

If I were to select on for you, Ipamorelin might be the best.BUT, there is another peptide I just thought of:

DSIP, the delta sleep inducing peptide, could assist in bring some your back to your skin.

The BIG ONE:

Epitalon. This new peptide is proving to extend life, reduce the risk of cancer and I even believe there was some twin studies done in russia.

Effect of Epitalon on biomarkers of aging, life span and spontaneous tumor incidence in female Swiss-derived SHR mice

Vladimir N. Anisimov , Vladimir Kh. Khavinson, Irina G. Popovich, Mark A. Zabezhinski, Irina N. Alimova, Svetlana V. Rosenfeld, Natalia Yu. Zavarzina,
Anna V. Semenchenko, Anatoli I. Yashin

Effect of Epitalon on biomarkers of aging, life span and spontaneous tumor incidence in female Swiss-derived SHR mice - Springer

**broken link removed**

The Science behind Epitalon, the Miracle Anti-Aging Peptide

Epithalon Peptide Induces Telomerase Activity and Telomere Elongation in Human Somatic Cells
Epithalon Peptide Induces Telomerase Activity and Telomere Elongation in Human Somatic Cells - Springer

In this next link, I have found some twin studies and the site is even supplying the case study references:

**broken link removed**

Great question, I hope this helps

Hydrocortisone cream can be used to "fill" indents in skin from acne but at the same time you're using a synthetic transdermal cortisol.

What would the dose be on the sleep peptide

Hey thanks for asking:

DSIP

This is a really cool peptide, not only does it help with the immune system but it has been shown to extend life in rats and reduce the risk of random tumors.

100 mcg sub q 1 hour before bed. If sleep has not improved you can play with it. But is probably better to start lower so you don’t feel foggy or groggy when you wake up. Many say to ensure that you can get 8 hours of sleep less than 7 will leave you feel groggy. I have also read that it does not matter when you take it in the day but I can not speak on the validity of that. I know of lifters taking upwards to 500mcg split between 1.5 hour before bed and 30 min before bed.

I hope this helps and I hope everyone had a great July 4th.

Hey thanks for asking:

DSIP

This is a really cool peptide, not only does it help with the immune system but it has been shown to extend life in rats and reduce the risk of random tumors.

100 mcg sub q 1 hour before bed. If sleep has not improved you can play with it. But is probably better to start lower so you don’t feel foggy or groggy when you wake up. Many say to ensure that you can get 8 hours of sleep less than 7 will leave you feel groggy. I have also read that it does not matter when you take it in the day but I can not speak on the validity of that. I know of lifters taking upwards to 500mcg split between 1.5 hour before bed and 30 min before bed.

I hope this helps and I hope everyone had a great July 4th.
Is there any safety issues or concerns using it long-term and every night

Why would you answer for DrK? Forget what profile you were logged into today..... ☻

x2

At first I thought maybe he just wants to post his sign on a fairly popular thread (his style). But no I would think he done exactly what you state. Plus Russianstar has this habit that barely anyone else has. When you post something like you did he will just ignore it and hope it doesn't get brought up again. Anyone else when asked something like that would simply reply (as he replied to everyone else) no that's not me. He has the same style of Russianstar too. An example what he wrote to b_cornelius. He knows he is best avoiding debates with the likes of b_cornelius.

Well who knows but if it is Russian that would be a complete joke but no surprise as the guy has had loads of different username over the last year or so. I should also add the fact a UK based pro bodybuilder helps promote them could be conincidence but Russian is also in the UK from my understanding.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch