over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BERBERINE In DEPTH:

Muay Thai

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
BERBERINE HCL has been used in TCM and AYURVEDA for THOUSANDS Of years.

Berberine is a bioactive compound found in several plants, including goldenseal, barberry, and Oregon grape. While berberine itself is not an antioxidant, it can stimulate the production of antioxidants in the body and has several other health-promoting properties. Here are some of the compounds found in berberine-rich plants that possess antioxidant, polyphenolic, saponin, lignan, and flavonoid properties:

1. Berberine: While not an antioxidant itself, berberine has been shown to enhance the body's production of antioxidants such as superoxide dismutase (SOD), catalase, and glutathione peroxidase, which help protect cells from oxidative damage.
  2. Alkaloids: Berberine is an alkaloid compound, which is a class of organic compounds that often have antioxidant properties. Alkaloids can scavenge free radicals and reduce oxidative stress in the body.
  3. Polyphenols: Berberine-containing plants also contain various polyphenolic compounds, such as quercetin, catechins, and epicatechins. Polyphenols are potent antioxidants that can help protect cells from damage caused by free radicals.
  4. Saponins: Saponins are another group of compounds found in berberine-rich plants. They have antioxidant properties and may help reduce inflammation and lower cholesterol levels.
  5. Lignans: Lignans are polyphenolic compounds found in plants that have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. They may help protect against certain types of cancer and cardiovascular disease.
  6. Flavonoids: Berberine-containing plants also contain flavonoids such as kaempferol, quercetin, and rutin. Flavonoids are antioxidants that can help protect cells from damage and reduce inflammation in the body.
  7. Isoquinoline Alkaloids: Berberine is classified as an isoquinoline alkaloid. This class of compounds is known for its diverse pharmacological activities, including antioxidant effects.

Berberine itself is not an antioxidant, but it has been shown to enhance the body's production of antioxidants. However, berberine-rich plants contain other antioxidants that can contribute to their overall health benefits. Some of the antioxidants found in berberine-containing plants and their benefits include:

1. Quercetin: Quercetin is a flavonoid with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It can help reduce inflammation, improve heart health, and protect against oxidative stress.
  2. Catechins: Catechins are a type of flavonoid found in tea and other plant foods. They have strong antioxidant properties and may help protect against heart disease, cancer, and other chronic conditions.
  3. Epicatechins: Epicatechins are another type of flavonoid with antioxidant properties. They may help improve heart health, reduce inflammation, and protect against oxidative damage.
  4. Rutin: Rutin is a flavonoid that acts as an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent. It may help improve circulation, strengthen blood vessels, and reduce the risk of blood clots.
  5. Kaempferol: Kaempferol is a flavonoid with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It may help protect against cancer, heart disease, and other chronic conditions.
  6. Isoquinoline Alkaloids: While not antioxidants themselves, isoquinoline alkaloids like berberine have been shown to enhance the body's production of antioxidants, such as superoxide dismutase (SOD) and catalase, which help protect cells from oxidative damage.
In terms of neurotransmitters, berberine has been studied for its effects on various neurotransmitter systems in the brain, including:

1. Serotonin: Berberine has been shown to increase serotonin levels in the brain, which may contribute to its mood-enhancing effects.
  2. Dopamine: Berberine has been found to increase dopamine levels in the brain, which may help improve mood and motivation.
  3. Noradrenaline: Berberine has been shown to increase noradrenaline levels in the brain, which may help improve focus, attention, and alertness.
  4. GABA: Berberine has been found to modulate GABA receptors in the brain, which may contribute to its anxiolytic (anxiety-reducing) effects.
  5. Glutamate: Berberine has been shown to modulate glutamate levels in the brain, which may help protect against neurotoxicity and improve cognitive function.
Overall, berberine appears to have a complex and multifaceted impact on neurotransmitter systems in the brain, which may contribute to its various health benefits, including its antioxidant and neuroprotective effects.

I use it for insulin sensitivity.

so can tapatio hot sauce and eating raw meat. thank you for your prodigal contribution to this thread
Legit right there! Other than my ex from Yuma, AZ, you're the only person I've seen mention El Tapatio.

Legit right there! Other than my ex from Yuma, AZ, you're the only person I've seen mention El Tapatio.
haha we used tapatio on everything growing up in san diego, I can make way better salsa (chile macho the red and slsa verde the green) if anyone wants recipes from straight PAISA deep south Mexican elders

O/T a Tapatio is what you call somebody from Mexico who is from the state of JALISCO, Guadalajara being the capital. Other Mexicans stereotype people from jalisco as acting white or trying to be European. The girls you see with green and blue eyes mostly come from here. They are the "purveyors" of mariachi once spain inquisition brought big band instruments, the CHARRO was born (mariachi looking dude) out of jalisco/tapatio. They go for the CHIVAS :) the best looking women in Mexico are often from this area (European descent)

haha we used tapatio on everything growing up in san diego, I can make way better salsa (chile macho the red and slsa verde the green) if anyone wants recipes from straight PAISA deep south Mexican elders

O/T a Tapatio is what you call somebody from Mexico who is from the state of JALISCO, Guadalajara being the capital. Other Mexicans stereotype people from jalisco as acting white or trying to be European. The girls you see with green and blue eyes mostly come from here. They are the "purveyors" of mariachi once spain inquisition brought big band instruments, the CHARRO was born (mariachi looking dude) out of jalisco/tapatio. They go for the CHIVAS :) the best looking women in Mexico are often from this area (European descent)
For those that don't know give it a try - 0 calories and great on meat, eggs, rice, antything. My ex was from Yuma, went to school in San Diego, and spent a lot of time in Mexico so she put me up on real Mexican food instead of just the Tex Mex we have here.

20240429-151515.jpg

For those that don't know give it a try - 0 calories and great on meat, eggs, rice, antything. My ex was from Yuma, went to school in San Diego, and spent a lot of time in Mexico so she put me up on real Mexican food instead of just the Tex Mex we have here.

20240429-151515.jpg
bro how do people not know about tapatio!! its a staple here in SD and LA lol. What an EASY way to make a fortune whoever produced and formulated this EASY AF recipe. my salsa is way better :) but yes, the gentleman on the front is called a "charro" double r roll the tongue (that's what she said )

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
novi0jqz
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131