over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Craig Titus back in the day

Rex,

That stuff is really fucked up. Why does competitive bodybuilding attract so many fucken WEIRDOS? It sounds like there is next to no one that just works 9-5, trains, diets, and spends time with their family and friends. This seedy underbelly of the sport is like a David Cronenberg and David Lynch film. Videodrome meets Blue Velvet.

Rex,

That stuff is really fucked up. Why does competitive bodybuilding attract so many fucken WEIRDOS? It sounds like there is next to no one that just works 9-5, trains, diets, and spends time with their family and friends. This seedy underbelly of the sport is like a David Cronenberg and David Lynch film. Videodrome meets Blue Velvet.
i think it attracts a lot of people who already had addiction issues. Either they replaced one addiction with another or they would have been addicted to something else had they not found bodybuilding/fitness first. i've met many who had addiction before bodybuilding and in a way replaced traditional addiction with bodybuilding/fitness addiction, which for the most part, has a lot of upside (most would rather be addicted to fitness than something like alcohol). Also, nice reference to Videodrome. Don't know too many people who've ever seen let alone heard of the movie.

Rex,

What you just described is not the sport or the industry. That would truly be a balanced hobby in every sense of the word. In fact, you just described a typical 30-50yr old male that has a good job, fairly down to earth lifestyle, and stays in shape while perhaps using hormones. Bodybuilding...the endeavor and the industry is NOT any of that and I honestly wouldn't have it any other way. Seedy underbelly? You are not in touch with the culture that it is and always has been! The 4 yrs I spent immersed in it...working every expo and event and traveling all over the country with the same network of people was a wild, wild ride. Think of all the characteristic and nuances that go into the endeavor and sit there and evaluate how synonymous that is with what you described. Be happy for what things are and let things be the way theyve always been!

What you just described is not the sport or the industry. That would truly be a balanced hobby in every sense of the word. In fact, you just described a typical 30-50yr old male that has a good job, fairly down to earth lifestyle, and stays in shape while perhaps using hormones. Bodybuilding...the endeavor and the industry is NOT any of that and I honestly wouldn't have it any other way. Seedy underbelly? You are not in touch with the culture that it is and always has been! The 4 yrs I spent immersed in it...working every expo and event and traveling all over the country with the same network of people was a wild, wild ride. Think of all the characteristic and nuances that go into the endeavor and sit there and evaluate how synonymous that is with what you described. Be happy for what things are and let things be the way theyve always been!

:LOL:

But who here thinks Flex's predicament has nothing to with bodybuilding and his kidneys would have been fried now even with no bodybuilding? I'm no nephrologist but I'm a bit skeptical about all these FSGS diagnoses in bodybuilding.

I agree. This goes back to me saying again "I came to know many a bodybuilder who people classified as "shape" bodybuilders....thru various people we both commonly knew (girlfriends/exes/friends)..... being among the most abusive in the sport"......and im going to be vague with any more regarding that. I distinctly remember a girlfriend of one of the most widely known, most popular bodybuilders in the 90's telling me "He misses meals all the time, he misses workouts all the time, he NEVER misses a shot and there are alot of shots because im the one who gives them to him"

You got to remember in the below interview the subject that is being talked about is a person that is 28-30 years old at the time and you usually dont get into that kind of damage at that young of an age unless you do certain things to bring it upon yourself....take note in what the doctor said to Demilia

17:15 to 19:15 or so

I agree. This goes back to me saying again "I came to know many a bodybuilder who people classified as "shape" bodybuilders....thru various people we both commonly knew (girlfriends/exes/friends)..... being among the most abusive in the sport"......and im going to be vague with any more regarding that. I distinctly remember a girlfriend of one of the most widely known, most popular bodybuilders in the 90's telling me "He misses meals all the time, he misses workouts all the time, he NEVER misses a shot and there are alot of shots because im the one who gives them to him"

You got to remember in the below interview the subject that is being talked about is a person that is 28-30 years old at the time and you usually dont get into that kind of damage at that young of an age unless you do certain things to bring it upon yourself....take note in what the doctor said to Demilia

I don't recall where I read this, but I think Victor Conte (when he was running Balco labs) used to run bloodwork on a lot of pros. He said Flex had a hematocrit of 60 at one point.

A lot of these guys weren't the pinnacle of blood work and "healthy" bodybuilding by any stretch. Many I doubt even knew what they were doing long term to themselves.

I remember that Flex was hospitalized in Europe back in 93 already I think it was. Flex mag printed that his kidney and liver values were way off and they didn't know if it was temporary or permanent damage. So he was getting warnings very early on.
Wayne's stories about Matarazzo's heart being eaten up by GH because his metabolic rate was off the charts are complete misunderstandings of course. So I don't know if the docs really said Flex's left kidney was completely shut down or whatever, because Wayne is getting the technical details all mixed up. But there was some kind of trouble for sure.

Thanks for the video, I found it really interesting and ended up watching the whole thing.

Yea he was one of the few guys that I feel actually juiced himself to a pro card. I have no doubt at all that he would be dead nowadays if he didnt get incarcerated. But as you see when he got into the pros...even with abusing himself to the nines he could not stand next to the genetic elite. But you guys have seen me say this in the past alot. The biggest abusers I came to know of were some of the guys known as the "shape bodybuilders" and the smaller guys. Most of the genetic elite didnt have to use insane amounts because the sport came so easy for them. But again it wasnt a secret. around 13:00 (specifically 13:30)

Amazing vid! Prince did well for himself.

Dazed is still around, though very infrequently at another forum i'm on. Good guy, he also wrote a good 'liver health' article years back....I think I posted it here awhile back too. Anybody seen Zilla around?

There was an art-form to buying Mexican gear. You either stayed up on it and could recognize the real products, or you got majorly fake and bunk gear. It was almost like a puzzle game...i'd say fun back in the day, but now I look back and think how stupid I, and many others, were. Of course, there were ways to be connected south of the boarder as well...so that it eliminated a lot of the guessing. I didn't really get into the gear scene until 1994, so before that, it was all tell-tales for me. It was either take your chances from mexico, or take your chances for a 3 month snail mail order from across the seas only to have it come out fake or half the stuff missing:(

Haven't seen that name in nearly 20yrs .

In my case it definitely is a combination of a crazy tolerance and a poor response.(they seem to go hand in hand) I recently noticed that again in Gunsmith's Anadrol-thread with people not being able to tolerate what are baby-doses for me. I simply need higher dosages than most and it is the case for other meds as well (I'm also on high doses of prescription meds just because they otherwise do jack shit). They once even had trouble getting me to sleep before a surgery lol... That says a lot I think. They had to keep giving me extra anesthetics to knock me out.

That's why I've always had trouble with comparing doses between individuals, what is going to work and not be (too) toxic for one individual is not necessarily going to work and may be too toxic for another individual and vice versa.

I can relate to this as well. I apparently either have too much or too little of the enzymes that metabolize certain drugs (cyd450 and some others. I believe it's too much? Grapefruit juice, Tagamet, and a host of other things inhibit the enzymes), so I tend to have huge tolerances for some meds inc steroids (and painkillers unfortunately for a period) I was running 6-7g/wk back in '12-15 with not much in terms of sides. Customers using the same stuff were winning shows on 1/10th as much, complaining of creeking knees, rusty elbows, splitting headaches, chronic insomnia, daily hard to stop nosebleeds, bad bad acne, pointing pistols at spouses, breaking car windows, breakups/divorce/arrests etc lol... 150 tren with 250 anadrol and a milligram of methyltrienolone a day worked great with a few grams of test lol... It's no wonder guys have gotten away from "intense" training, because everything, literally everything works when you have enough drugs in your system. Just washing your hair and brushing your teeth will have your arms feeling like you just did a 20set lee priest FLEX mag workout from '97.

I've told this before here, but I met Dan Duchaine at the last leper colony on the US mainland in Carville, LA during clinicals in my medical training. We had many great discussions over a 4 week period that I appreciate as one of the greatest experiences of my life. He did not have leprosy but it was also a destination for medical prisoners in the federal system and he had suffered an MI wherever he was so he was transferred. I made hundreds of thousands of dollars perhaps a million + distributing Nubain and GHB because of Dan.

Rex.
Dude you need to make a book!

Quite a few people on here knew him

I think if he never went to jail for murder, he'd be having some serious health issues or be dead from his lifestyle and drug use
Was such a unlikable person if you ever met him.

Was such a unlikable person if you ever met him.

always had the opposite experience with him. i only met him after he'd been out of prison (before i did my own time), he's a loud dude who would 'alpha' you if he could. typical shit people do in prison like sizing you up and if he thought you'd actually punch him in the mouth he was actually ok to be around. it was noticable that if he thought he could 'son' you, if he could get over on you, say things/do things to alpha-you, he would and it'd probably remind the dude he was doing it to or talking to of an elementary school bully... come to think of it, that reminds exactly what he was like.

always had the opposite experience with him. i only met him after he'd been out of prison (before i did my own time), he's a loud dude who would 'alpha' you if he could. typical shit people do in prison like sizing you up and if he thought you'd actually punch him in the mouth he was actually ok to be around. it was noticable that if he thought he could 'son' you, if he could get over on you, say things/do things to alpha-you, he would and it'd probably remind the dude he was doing it to or talking to of an elementary school bully... come to think of it, that reminds exactly what he was like.
I didnt think he was out of prison yet. He murdered a girl and burned her body. If he is out, he doesn't belong.

I guess you met him before he was in prison the 2nd time for murder?

"With time served from the date of capture, Craig Titus is eligible for parole release on December 23, 2026, when he will be 59 years old."

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131