over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Elbow pain

Scuncknuts

Registered
Newbies
My elbow hurts when I fully extend or fully contract the joint. When I fully contract it, it hurts on the back of the elbow, when I fully extended it, it hurts like the bicep or inside forearm area.

Anyone experienced this?

I struggle with sore elbows. Ice after upper body workouts helps a lot. So does elbow wraps. Ultimately the root cause is poor/loose form, so tighten that up, get some PT, I get laser and massage, and it will get better.

Its not golfers elbow or tennis elbow
How do you know this isn’t the case? Did you try one of those lil forearm braces that has the egg on one side to put pressure on the forearm muscles?

Cage

Are you regularly using effective stretches for your tris/bis/delts/pecs/lats? The symptoms you describe are what I get when I'm slacking on those.

Yeah I would get it when I was lifting too heavy in the 6-8 Rep range. It went away when I went to 12-15 Rep range and focused on range and tempo. Id lay off it until it feels better so you don’t aggravate it further.

The pain your describing is what I had from ignoring an old injury that caused an imbalance in my delt/upper back. If you live in a state where you don't need an referral for physical therapy, go see a pt.

I like to use the rope for press downs on a cable. Keep it really light 4 sets of 25. I make this my first exercise on pressing days. I haven’t had an elbow issue since I started doing this

My elbow hurts when I fully extend or fully contract the joint. When I fully contract it, it hurts on the back of the elbow, when I fully extended it, it hurts like the bicep or inside forearm area.

Anyone experienced this?
Don’t fully extend or contract on the exercises that cause you pain. Also, take some time away from the gym to allow the inflammation to go down.

Hey! Consider applying ice for 15 mins a few times a day. Gentle stretches can help, too – nothing too forceful. I've faced similar elbow discomfort. An elbow brace worked wonders for me – it supports and eases the strain.

Rest is key. If the pain persists, it might be worth checking in with a doc. They can pinpoint the issue and offer tailored advice. Take care!

If it's to the point where it's difficult to work around in the gym, I'd go get it imaged.

I get shooting pain on ocassion either in my anterior deltoid or down to my forearm in my brachialis muscle. It is from my bicep tendon frequently being overworked. Dry needling and a week of lower volume/intensity will usually clear it up.

If the pain is in the forearm is usually bound up closer to the deltoid and vice versa. Highly suggest getting the full line dry needled and then a massage over the full area.

Hey! Consider applying ice for 15 mins a few times a day. Gentle stretches can help, too – nothing too forceful. I've faced similar elbow discomfort. An elbow brace worked wonders for me – it supports and eases the strain.

Rest is key. If the pain persists, it might be worth checking in with a doc. They can pinpoint the issue and offer tailored advice. Take care!

This post is from 2023, but anyone reading this, what works for me with these kinds of aches/pains;

1-2 weeks complete rest from all training. Usually come back 100% with zero strength or muscle loss. (you might just look a little flatter from missing gym days, comes back very fast.)

Hey! Consider applying ice for 15 mins a few times a day. Gentle stretches can help, too – nothing too forceful. I've faced similar elbow discomfort. An elbow brace (from Artik Med) worked wonders for me – it supports and eases the strain.
Rest is key.
This post is from 2023, but anyone reading this, what works for me with these kinds of aches/pains;

1-2 weeks complete rest from all training. Usually come back 100% with zero strength or muscle loss. (you might just look a little flatter from missing gym days, comes back very fast.)

I understand, yeah. But if the pain persists, it might be worth checking in with a doc. They can pinpoint the issue and offer tailored advice. Take care!

Maybe you should try voodoo floss.I have no more elbow pain since I started using it two months ago.Good luck!

I’ve been hit with elbow issues too recently. Just my left actually . Pressing and push downs trigger it most. Doc diagnosed it as tricep tendinitis . Common for us who hit the gym. He said lots of people think it’s an elbow but it’s actually the tricep tie in near the elbow . The elastic compression wrap for the elbow helps tremendously in the gym too

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131