over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

EXPERIMENT!

Actully this thread got me thinking again..Im going to take before pics (me at a ok 240-245lbs) and then take some two months later (closer to contest shape) and follow things that Phil says more to a T...Honestly I havnt been able to follow Phil's advice because of work situation, and being sick for the past month or so...but im better now (health wise) and my job situation is better (new job, less hours, more pay) so I can follow Phil's advise better, now...Sorry Phil...
chris this is real talk here, you have about as great as potential as anyone on this board to get a pro card, but I don't know if we will ever see your true potential because lack of consistency always gets the better of you. YOU HAVE GOT to overcome this and due the necessary thing in your personal life to accomodate being more consistent. hell bro i have a hectic as hell life aslo, i work 12hour swing shift with overtime that is feast or famine, two girls age's 10 and 13 that require my presence at various functions because they are both highly intelligent gifted lil girls both in the 99 percentile in the nation in their respected grades. a highly sexual wife (O YEA) that requires a lof of my energy and two high strung dogs to take care of. plus all the ON/ABB stuff and trying to keep up with the boards (RA). but i still mangage diet, training, and bodybuilding with consistency. You can do it bro, its hard, and life will throw curves at you but you got to maintain what your doing and still deal with what life throws at you. You got a good woman so that ought to makes things a lil easier for you. I WANNA SEE YOU SUCCEED AT BODYBUILDING CHRIS! but you gotta be more disaplined and consistant.

chris this is real talk here, you have about as great as potential as anyone on this board to get a pro card, but I don't know if we will ever see your true potential because lack of consistency always gets the better of you. YOU HAVE GOT to overcome this and due the necessary thing in your personal life to accomodate being more consistent. hell bro i have a hectic as hell life aslo, i work 12hour swing shift with overtime that is feast or famine, two girls age's 10 and 13 that require my presence at various functions because they are both highly intelligent gifted lil girls both in the 99 percentile in the nation in their respected grades. a highly sexual wife (O YEA) that requires a lof of my energy and two high strung dogs to take care of. plus all the ON/ABB stuff and trying to keep up with the boards (RA). but i still mangage diet, training, and bodybuilding with consistency. You can do it bro, its hard, and life will throw curves at you but you got to maintain what your doing and still deal with what life throws at you. You got a good woman so that ought to makes things a lil easier for you. I WANNA SEE YOU SUCCEED AT BODYBUILDING CHRIS! but you gotta be more disaplined and consistant.

Hey bro, I agree with ya on everything you said...I gotta make things happen and put forward more energy in keeping everything stable in my life...Thanks for being real...

chris

Great post Brad. I dont mean just to Chris250 but to most of us on here.....mainly me.

How's the FST-7 system working for you?

for right now two words for you bro! 1. consistency 2. progression

train hard and intense and progress no matter what, follow a good clean healthy diet that contains not only protein but some fruits and green leafy veggies and some EFA's and enough carbs to fuel your workout and enhance growth but not so much that you get sloppy and begin to not look like a bodybuilder..LOL. after you get some more gym time in and you progress a lil more then try DC training.

speaking of progression, you gotta keep some type of log book during your training and those lil sissy ass 2.5lb plates in the gym will be your best friend especially on pressing movements like bench, incline, military press. pick a good rep range like 10 and everyworkout add at least a 2.5lb plate to each side and try and get 10 reps still, keep doing that and you will be well on your way my friend.

listen to your body and try and not overdue it in the gym (overtrain). get in, kill it, and get the fuck out, growing is done outside the gym not in it, everything else is just a stimulus to growth.

You are the man bro! thanks for taking ur time out to reply... ill try get some pics up here soon! I have worked with 2 top nutritionists, which every 1 are familiar with, but ill keep that to myself who they are! slow steady gains is where its at... consistency is def key as you stated.. and thats why i never miss a meal, or training session! , thanks bro!

Great post Brad. I dont mean just to Chris250 but to most of us on here.....mainly me.

How's the FST-7 system working for you?
the FST-7 is working great, thats another thread in itself...LOL I am still tweaking things to fit me, but working great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B-Boy your Experiment thread is really bringing out ACTION speaks louder than words in all of us. It is a motivating thread full of knowledge and it is bringing me out of my hole:D Well, hopefully! Got to bring it these next couple of weeks, then start growing again!

Here is quick pic at the gym today....

Bro I would of never guessed that you were a middle!!! Great work my friend

for right now two words for you bro! 1. consistency 2. progression

train hard and intense and progress no matter what, follow a good clean healthy diet that contains not only protein but some fruits and green leafy veggies and some EFA's and enough carbs to fuel your workout and enhance growth but not so much that you get sloppy and begin to not look like a bodybuilder..LOL. after you get some more gym time in and you progress a lil more then try DC training.

speaking of progression, you gotta keep some type of log book during your training and those lil sissy ass 2.5lb plates in the gym will be your best friend especially on pressing movements like bench, incline, military press. pick a good rep range like 10 and everyworkout add at least a 2.5lb plate to each side and try and get 10 reps still, keep doing that and you will be well on your way my friend.

listen to your body and try and not overdue it in the gym (overtrain). get in, kill it, and get the fuck out, growing is done outside the gym not in it, everything else is just a stimulus to growth.

This shuold be a Sticky - especially in the Beginner's Forum!

Incline Bench- 365x12

Squat- 585x12

Dead- 545x12

Shoulder Press- 285x12

bodyweight around 270lbs

Attachments

• Overall Side Chest.jpg
    Overall Side Chest.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 443
  • PMlat.jpg
    PMlat.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 406
Incline Bench- 365x12

Squat- 585x12

Dead- 545x12

Shoulder Press- 285x12

bodyweight around 270lbs

dusty,

what was your weight at the boder state show ? How tall are you ?

dusty,

what was your weight at the boder state show ? How tall are you ?

I was 246lbs and am 5'11" which means I have a lot of muscle to gain. Better get eating.

well you look damn good to me...246lbs is big in my book ...LOL!!!:D

b-boy, I have to say it has been awhile since I have seen a thread that truly encompasses what bodybuilding is and it was refreshing to read this. As most of my closest friends will tell you I almost over simplify this sport along with everything else in my life but I feel that these are the reasons that I have found success. This sport is sooo simple that I can't help but laugh when I read all of these complicated diets, training strategies, and of course cycles because I have never heard of half of these things yet I seem to do okay.

I guess these are the reasons that I do so well under Dante's guidance because he knows ALL of these complicated theories and cut through all of the crap to find a basic way for guys like me to achieve our goals.

well you look damn good to me...246lbs is big in my book ...LOL!!!:D

Thanks bro but just like everyone on this board I know I have a long way to go before I look the way that I want to. I am happy with my results so far but am far from satisfied.

b-boy, I have to say it has been awhile since I have seen a thread that truly encompasses what bodybuilding is and it was refreshing to read this. As most of my closest friends will tell you I almost over simplify this sport along with everything else in my life but I feel that these are the reasons that I have found success. This sport is sooo simple that I can't help but laugh when I read all of these complicated diets, training strategies, and of course cycles because I have never heard of half of these things yet I seem to do okay.

I guess these are the reasons that I do so well under Dante's guidance because he knows ALL of these complicated theories and cut through all of the crap to find a basic way for guys like me to achieve our goals.

I totally agree with this post...Im guilty at times of trying to over complicate things like, diet and cycles ,ect, ect...I know what works for my body (yeah I really do...LOL !!!) and I should just stick to what works instead of finding that secret this is going to turn me into a pro overnight...LOL !!! It's funny that we know that the k.i.s.s. princiable is the best way to go, but we are always trying to find that one magic supplement, drug, diet, training routine out there...When really we know its just being consistant and progressing on our training and diet...Pretty simple really...

chris

AMEN BROTHER! if you go into some gyms across america and find the biggest guys in the gym they 97% of the time have that same mentality. there has been nothing fancy I have said throughout this entire thread, bodybuilding is very elementary in basics. The only time when i believe things get a lil difficult is when you are close to maxing out your frame with muscle, then from there things will need to change UNLESS your just one of those cats that will just become a pin cushion by all means necessary and that should be the very very very last resort. I have had to change a lot of things around in my training and diet the last two years cause i find it hard to put on more quality muscle without having to "up the dosage". My supplements are the same as they were two years ago but I am still improving by going about it through different pathways (another thread that i will get to in due time).

Im so glad you posted in this thread dusty, your one strong mofo bro!

WOW!

Lemme just say Brad that I respect the hell outta you especially after following a thread like this. You have been there! And I have learned ALOT from following this! Definately made me remember how damn simple this shit is and how complicated I try to make it sometimes. You have kinda given me a bit of a boost this week in my training and I have been inspired each time I re-read the updates on this thread bro.

All you guys thanks for posting and giving people like me who are trying to get there where you guys are a lot of valuable info and inspiration.

RONJON

damn bro sorry to hear about the pec tear, (my worst fear)! now it will be really interesting to come back at this thread and look at you in about 2 yrs time, cause you def. got a lot of frame to fill out, you got long limbs too damn! take your time listen to phil, and get your strength back up but keep your form strict and with phils guidance im eager to watch your progress.

this thread is a marker! I will def. come back and check on things in the future, hopefully more threads will come from this and more imput from some of the vets on the board, and hopefully everyone will learn as much as i have learned over the years from this board. I seriously earge each and everyone of you guys to just sit down one day when you have the time and just do some searches on this board, there is an endless supply of good info buried on this board, you just gotta do a lil digging.

In regards to the pec tear:
At the time I was making very good progress on chest and benching heavy about 3-4 times a week.

Since my older brothers were competitive Powerlifters (Only bench press) I would equate progress with poundages.

What I did was bench too many days in a row, but to this day I remember everything that surround that event.

It was early morning, I was dehydrated from being out in the sun all day the day before, since I was on vacation in Mexico,
I also had little sleep and was sore from my right pec area.

I strech and warm up, then did work my work sets, it went 135,225, 315 then tear! It sounded like tearing a T-shirt.
My older brother said that you should never stretch while cold. But that singular event changed my entire outlook on life,
I kept working out but changed my priorities and focused more on school.

I doubt that anyone would be foolish enough to bench heavy 3-4 times/week, but if you ever feel a pain or a knot in the pec area,
especially the delt/pec tie in. Don't bench that day.

This is an excellent thread btw, and thanks for responding.

Eventhough, I regret losing 7 years of training and now that I'm 35, it's strange to me, that I went from just being a little older than
a teenager to now being close to a masters level competitior.

I was used to people telling me how "big" I was for being only 20.

But now I have a career and have a 20 month old son, so in retrospect, everything worked out perfectly.

I wanted to tell you that watching you make so many changes and progress the way you have is motivating.

You have a legitimate shot at winning a national title and turning pro, since we are about the same age, I'm encouraged
to maybe do another show or two or three maybe shoot for a state or regional level competition.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
sharkygear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner