over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

EXPERIMENT!

you are on the right track, i just think a big incline will = a bigger chest to a higher degree than flat. a lot of time you see that people have big benches that are way more than they can incline, its because of the way flat bench use's more of the front delt, lat, and tricep than incline does, this is why there is usually (not always) a big difference in the weights moved between those excersises. You have to use more chest muscle during incline. so for someone that has a 400lb bench for reps but only has a 300lb incline for reps. imagine the size of that persons chest if they have a 380+ incline for reps. see my point.

Makes perfect sense. Furthermore, in my experiences with chest workouts you for some reason learn from a young age to just start with the flat bench as the first exercise on your chest day. It seems to be the standard and if you keep up with that trend long enough the disparity in weight from flat to incline falls into place as it has in my own case.

I also feel like in my case I properly isolate most if not all other muscle groups except for chest in this case when you take into account how many other muscle groups come into play when using the flat bench. Naturally, in a visual sport you would have to take into account the things you might otherwise neglect if you were just "working out."

actually another thread got me really thinking.

one observation is that usually with heavy slag iron (big weights on major lifts) comes a great deal of muscle density. you can do 1g of test and 1 gram of eq and then the last 4 weeks before your show do 75mgs of tren a day, and 100mgs of winny a day and still be relatively small. but put up a 350 incline for reps and a 500+squat for reps and 300+ military press for reps and 500+ deadlifts for reps, you can use far less gear and be a fucking juggernaut. point being you will get out of this sport and your body what effort you put into it, and at the end of the day there is no magic pill or dosage there is only blood, sweat, tears, and heavy slag iron. of course this is only one point and there are many others to this thread.

that was the best post i ever read from you

in the past, i would skim right past anything you wrote as i felt you were the better end of an asshole, and contributed nothing but negativity

but i have a new found likeness to you brad, and honestly if you nail the conditioning, you will turn pro soon....and that is ALL that you lack

hope to read more posts and theads from you like this one:)

Im impressived B-Boy !!! You got a thread that we all can learn from...Its been awhile since we had a thread that was worthy to be a sticky...

Good thread, lots of good info going on here....:D

chris

GREAT thread, B-Boy, my thanks to yuo and all the contributors!

Sure wish we had lots more of this type of dicussion, and lots less about drugs!

Me at 220

Didn't do a contest, but was trying to get ready for one here. I was around 220. @ 5 9'. This is awhile back maybe 2004 I think, maybe 2003.

Bench=0, Do dumbells
Dumbell Bench = 155 x6
Incline = 340 x 2
Squat = 585 x 1
Dumbell Rows=155 x 10
Deadlift = 405 x 10 for 3 sets. Didn't like going heavier because afraid I would hurt my back do to previous injury.
Presses free weights 280s easy.Seated in the smith machine 3 plates each side easy for reps.
Pullups only bodweight with a 45 pound plate for 10

What I noticed more weights I added the denser I looked. I necessarily did not get a lot bigger as I got stronger, but added a few quality pounds, but looked denser. I contribute that not to eating as many calories as I probably should have been while training heavy because I was so use to getting stronger and not bigger wrestling for many years. I did add a few pounds though as I got stronger there was no stopping that.

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 1,040
Last edited:
GREAT thread, B-Boy, my thanks to yuo and all the contributors!

Sure wish we had lots more of this type of dicussion, and lots less about drugs!
DAD your one of the reasons I started this thread, your response in the "ban for stupidity" thread really scared me and got me thinking and it is time for this board to take a lil turn back in the right direction! THANK YOU

that was the best post i ever read from you

in the past, i would skim right past anything you wrote as i felt you were the better end of an asshole, and contributed nothing but negativity

but i have a new found likeness to you brad, and honestly if you nail the conditioning, you will turn pro soon....and that is ALL that you lack

hope to read more posts and theads from you like this one:)
lol thanks tenny and actually "asshole" is one of my nicknames at work (in a joking way).LOL

Odd that you would mention this, I've found the exact same thing to be true.

I did flat bench and inclines for a long time. My flat bench numbers would go up on a regular basis, but my inlines only crept along.

One day, I decided just for the hell of it to pile the weight on while doing inclines. I would usually on go up like 5lbs. at a time and the weight I was using always felt heavy and kept me in the rep range I was looking to be in. Well, one day I went up 50 lbs. just for the hell of it. The weight "felt" the same to me and I got just as many sets/reps in as before (without any additional supps, LOL).

Well, after doing that for about a month my entire chest (and shoulders to a degree) looked a TON better. Everyone was asking me what I was "on". LOL.

I'll always incorporate flat bench in my chest routine as it's always worked great for me, but I'll also always use HEAVY inclines as they seem to make my chest "pop" more than any other movement.

That's just been my experience and what worked for me.
I noticed the same thing (more pop) and actually I worked my upper chest tooo much last offseason to the point that it was actually overpowering. now i still work inclines a lot but its more of a mixed workout with bench sometimes and what not sometimes even floor press's

DAD your one of the reasons I started this thread, your response in the "ban for stupidity" thread really scared me and got me thinking and it is time for this board to take a lil turn back in the right direction! THANK YOU

I'm humbled - thank yuo!

It's a great thread with lots of people viewing and contributing - what more could we ask for!

Brad...

I dont fit your criteria as I do not compete, but one thing I do have is thickness and density. And my chest is my best part besides arms. I DO NOT flat bench and have not for many years. I love the incline and have used it exclusively. It is 100% responsible for my chest mass. Since I train DC, I have to rotate exercises so the only non incline movement is declines in the smith. All my other chest options are incline related.

Military press 315lb for reps (365lbs in smith for 3-4 reps), 405lb BB rows for reps, 545lb squats, rack deads with 675lbs, 365lb inclines, 185lb+ BB curls etc...

What I use for rest pauses on DC the weights are slightly lighter obviously on certain things as I shoot to be in the 12-15 rep range on most lifts. Im just giving you a rough idea of what I have done or am doing now. You guys know my story, nothing special just a big fat strong guy! lol

I dont fit your criteria as I do not compete, but one thing I do have is thickness and density. And my chest is my best part besides arms. I DO NOT flat bench and have not for many years. I love the incline and have used it exclusively. It is 100% responsible for my chest mass. Since I train DC, I have to rotate exercises so the only non incline movement is declines in the smith. All my other chest options are incline related.

Military press 315lb for reps (365lbs in smith for 3-4 reps), 405lb BB rows for reps, 545lb squats, rack deads with 675lbs, 365lb inclines, 185lb+ BB curls etc...

What I use for rest pauses on DC the weights are slightly lighter obviously on certain things as I shoot to be in the 12-15 rep range on most lifts. Im just giving you a rough idea of what I have done or am doing now. You guys know my story, nothing special just a big fat strong guy! lol
ha its funny cause when i was at work today I was looking at who was viewing the thread and seen your name and was going to post and ask you to post up, cause i know the way you train and your input would have great value here.
your size is dictated by the heavy iron you sling no doubt BALDNAZI.

Thanks Brad. It was a very informal response on my part, but wanted to chime in. I was never a big bencher, I did hit 405 a few years back when I still benched but I always felt incline was the king for me. My goal is to hit 405 on incline one day and Im working on it.

We spoke last year and I was not as strong as I am now and not as big, and all I can say is DC is what did it for me. The combination of big weight and the rest pause was key. I do not know if this thread was meant to be a referendum on DC training, but for me the proof is in my logbook and on my body. Im sorry if I hijacked. This is great thread, keep it going...

I'll try to do my best here, though I rarely hit 12 reps and have only one halfway decent photo. This is from one of my 4 shows.
I think you can glean much of what you need from what I do post however...

Flat Bench: 375x8
Incline 425x6 (always much better in inclines)
Squat 685x6
Deads 635x6
Militaries 315x8

Body weight at this time about 235 @ 5'8"

I would like to get you guys to do a lil favor for me.

I would like some guys that have done at least 1 bodybuilding show, but less than 5 shows to do a couple of things for me

1. list your best lifts for 12 reps in the bench, incline bench, squat, deadlift, and barbell shoulder press (bench and incline must be barbell also) along with your bodyweight at wich these lifts were performed.

2. post a pic of yourself in that thread respones with your lifts. front and back pic.

I just want to observe something. I would really appreciate the guys that do that in this thread

Last edited:
I havnt really posted on this but here it goes, my lifts suck compared to some of you guys on here...

Incline bar press - 275 x 15 , 315 x 8-10 (havnt done these for awhile now, been doing smythe flat or slight decline press)

Squat - 315 x 25, 405 x 12-15 (I got really good at high rep squats with 315, cause my partner and I had contest every week, this was years ago) I dont do squats anymore, I can do Hacks and Leg presses, and Im super strong on both, but squats kill my lower back and knees now...Im old you know...LOL !!!

Leg Press (nebula) - 1500-1750 x 20, Normal leg press - 1000-1100 x 10-15 (going all the way down, not these pussy 1/4 reps)

Dumbell shoulder press (havnt done bars forever) 140 x 10 best ever a few years ago, normal though is 100-120 x 10-12 (most times if I do any shoulder press now its on the hammer BN press, or smyth machine and Im pretty strong on both movements...

Partial deads (right below my knee caps), best ever was 735 x 6-8 reps, 405 x 20 plus reps (doing it DC way), havnt done heavy deads for a few years cause of lower back injurys...Now do bent bar or db rows, try to go heavy right now im doing mostly dumbell bent rows (lying on a incline bench to support my back) I go up to 100lbs in each hand...for about 8-10 strict/slow reps...

Alot of these lifts were about from 2003-2004, when I was around 270-280lbs...I got most of my mass around that time, doing it DC way...Plus going a tad heavier on my super supplements...Now, the past few years I havent gone as heavy on my super supplements, and I have stayed leaner (around 240-250lbs max)

Here are a couple pics from last year..at about 230-235lbs or so...I know some people thing I was bigger when I trained DC way (2003-2004) maybe I was... I was stronger then, but I think my muscle are more dense now...So who knows...But my goals this year is to increase my mass to be competive in the superheavys...So I think that will just come from have a real offseason, and not have drama in my life (cross your fingers) and going past the 250lbs area and focusing on being heavier but hard to...

Right now im around 250lbs

chris

Attachments

• 6 weeks out USA 015.jpg
    6 weeks out USA 015.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 630
  • 6 weeks out USA 024.jpg
    6 weeks out USA 024.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 550
  • 6 weeks out USA 011.jpg
    6 weeks out USA 011.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 536
Last edited:
Flat Bench: 375x8
Incline 425x6 (always much better in inclines)
Squat 685x6
Deads 635x6
Militaries 315x8

Body weight at this time about 235 @ 5'8"

That is some incredible strength. I would say you're the strongest on this thread, especially pound for pound.

Very nice.

B-Boy,

This thread is like a slice of humble pie so given my level I probably have no business posting here but here you go anyway. The pic's below are my first show, OCB Yankee Classic last year. I had lost close to 100# to do this. My weight in those pics is 170#. Not sure what my lifts really were then because every joint in my body hurt. Right now I'm 200# and starting to lean up and my lifts are:

225 X 20 Flat Bench (305 x 5)
205 x 15 Inclined
315 x 10 Deadlift
225 x 8 Front Squat (deep)

Don't pick on my guys. Just wanted to earn my keep around here and add to the thread :) I'm hoping to look much better this time out.

Attachments

• Show Time - Yankee Classic 2008 001.jpg
    Show Time - Yankee Classic 2008 001.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 596
  • Show Time - Yankee Classic 2008 002.jpg
    Show Time - Yankee Classic 2008 002.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 501
  • Show Time - Yankee Classic 2008 006.JPG
    Show Time - Yankee Classic 2008 006.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 446
That is some incredible strength. I would say you're the strongest on this thread, especially pound for pound.

Very nice.

I haven't been able to touch some of those weights in more than 10 years.
:(

For some reason, though my chest remains very thick, I've lost a huge amount of strength in presses.

I am enjoying the hell out of this thread!

Well, I have never competed but I have been around a long time and my 2 cents…

People have asked me many times through the years what I do to get a back like mine. My answer? I started growing like a weed just by busting my ass with deadlifts, t-bars and narrow grip pull-downs. 3 movements, 5 sets each. Go heavy, heavy, heavy then go home and eat.

…and that was BEFORE and WITHOUT any anabolics. And years later, I am doing basically the same back routine

Threads like this is one of the reason I joined this board 3 years ago or so. Keeping it real with tons of knowledge! Thanks for the EXPERIMENT!! Enjoyed the hell out of it.

I would love to get kucklo or justin harris to post in this thread! they are prime examples of prime beef built with heavy slag iron. Justin is brutally strong and fuck me does his size show it :eek:

also i would love shelby to post in here also, reason? I would love to hear what his lifts were say 3-5 ys ago compared to now, cause he is another example of someone getting brutally strong and taking on a whole new appearance.

there are different ways to go about getting big, you can become a walking chemical experiment and get big (probably won't be very healthy), have just alien genetics to where 250mgs of test makes your body blow the fuck up, or you can go in the gym and poor your soul into the iron and FORCE yourself to grow by puttin insane demand on your body with some heavy slag iron, your poor body has no other choice than to start aquiring more lean muscle tissue due to the ever demanding load you continue to put on it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Beans12
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131