over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hematocrit/hemoglobin problems (again)

All good stuff! I never thought about caloric intake and not sure what role that would play.

This is where I say everyone is different brother. I know your big on your keeping your health in check much like myself while running gear.

Interestingly I usually run about 2500 calories a day.

Yea all my health markers are usually really good except my CBC panel. It's definitely a struggle I wish I didn't have to deal it.

Dht really drives mine up. I was 18 about 10 days ago. Added just 25mg proviron daily and it's at 19 now.

Dht really drives mine up. I was 18 about 10 days ago. Added just 25mg proviron daily and it's at 19 now.
Wow this is interesting. I've actually been recommended to use mast or proviron as an alternative if H is an issue. Hmm.

Wow this is interesting. I've actually been recommended to use mast or proviron as an alternative if H is an issue. Hmm.

Maybe it's diff if that's all you are using. At 25mg IM test cyp ED my hemo was 18. I wanted to try to drop test lower to 20mg ED and add proviron and get re tested to see how it compares. But the jump in one point led me to stop. Although hematocrit is much more accurate than hemo so maybe it was an error. On my last bloods my hemoglobin was 19.2 yet hematocrit was 53.6. That's why I don't think multiplying hemo by 3 will always give you consistent results like actual labs will. If that were the case then my hematocrit would be 19.2x3= 57.6 whereas my labs show 53.6 which is a pretty drastic difference for the better.

Last edited:
Maybe it's diff if that's all you are using. At 25mg IM test cyp ED my hemo was 18. I wanted to try to drop test lower to 20mg ED and add proviron and get re tested to see how it compares. But the jump in one point led me to stop. Although hematocrit is much more accurate than hemo so maybe it was an error. On my last bloods my hemoglobin was 19.2 yet hematocrit was 53.6. That's why I don't think multiplying hemo by 3 will always give you consistent results like actual labs will. If that were the case then my hematocrit would be 19.2x3= 57.6 whereas my labs show 53.6 which is a pretty drastic difference for the better.
You're absolutely right on that. My hemo was 17.2 when my hematocrit was near 57.

You're absolutely right on that. My hemo was 17.2 when my hematocrit was near 57.

The factor of 3 is the general rule of thumb when determining hematocrit from hemoglobin, or visa-versa.

This wil help give you understanding of potential deviations reflective of false highs/lows.

https://acutecaretesting.org/en/articles/hematocrit--a-review-of-different-analytical-methods

My crit shot up from 47-50.8 in 8 weeks on test cyp 150mg. If I drop it to say 100mg for three weeks, would this likely lower it with any significance? Otherwise I got 18gauge needle, some tube and a water bottle and will dropping blood myself. But I'd like to give lower dosing a try first.

Last edited:
My crit shot up from 47-50.8 in 8 weeks on test cyp 150mg. If I drop it to say 100mg for three weeks, would this likely lower it with any significance? Otherwise I got 18gauge needle, some tube and a water bottle and will dropping blood myself. But I'd like to give lower dosing a try first.
Why is 50.8 an issue to the point of self phlebotomy?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Why is 50.8 an issue to the point of self phlebotomy?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Because I nip things in the ass before they become a real issue. Just my style. I don't like to fix things after they break, rather maintain before. Obviously I'm heading to 52 on up within a few weeks.

HIIT EOD, sleep 7-8 hours a night with no symptoms of sleep apnea. The only time I got my hematocrit really low was when I was eating a really low calorie diet (2300-2500) daily in addition to the same amount of cardio.

I've been sick the past 3-4 days. Only eating maybe 1500cal but having 1.5gal water with about 10g glycerol monostearate daily. Was curious so I tested my hemo. Just 4 days ago it was 19 and yesterday it was 17.5. I figured it was a mistake so I drew a little blood IV and tested it again and it's 17.2 hematocrit 51
I'm so happy right now lol. I love that little hemo reader best $100 ever spent.

Last edited:
I've been sick the past 3-4 days. Only eating maybe 1500cal but having 1.5gal water with about 10g glycerol monostearate daily. Was curious do I tested my hemo. Just 4 days ago it was 19 and yesterday it was 17.5. I figured it was a mistake so I drew a little blood IV and tested it again and it's 17.2 hematocrit 51

I'm so happy right now lol

My theory on this is our cardio improves by getting leaner and consuming less calories. Better cardio means lower hematocrit. I was in awesome cardio shape and really lean when my hematocrit was lower, eating less. It makes sense.

My theory on this is our cardio improves by getting leaner and consuming less calories. Better cardio means lower hematocrit. I was in awesome cardio shape and really lean when my hematocrit was lower, eating less. It makes sense.

The past year even at the lowest doses of TRT my hemo has been the worst. Definitely age but I also have been doing zero cardio. I really need to add it back in. Everyone says HIT is best but my cardiologist said that LISS is best for hemo.

There are actually some studies proving this theory (at least based on THEIR findings) to hold true. Improved cardio can in fact improve hematocrit on its own. It will help the body keep it in a range which is more satisfactory for performance. It may be on the higher end of normal, but that is typically which is more favorable to the body, performance wise. Same holds true for lipids to an extent.

The past year even at the lowest doses of TRT my hemo has been the worst. Definitely age but I also have been doing zero cardio. I really need to add it back in. Everyone says HIT is best but my cardiologist said that LISS is best for hemo.
Most of the findings and studies focus on endurance runners having lower crit (LISS would be a better comparison here).

That does make sense. If your cardiovascular system is in top shape the body is not struggling for oxygen. If your gasping for air up a flight of stairs your body could make more rbc and Hb to carry more oxygen around the body. The body will try to compensate and reach homeostasis anyway possible even if that means killing the body in other ways... with syrup blood. Another example, Cholesterol does good things like being component of cell walls, base of hormones and patches inflammation but will do so to the point of clogging an artery too.

Have you started your primo yet? Are you going to keep everything else the same and get your HCT tested to see if the primo changes levels? Although I assume you will be chaging your diet on the primo? Basically are you trying to get leaner or bigger or both?

Last edited:
Have you started your primo yet? Are you going to keep everything else the same and get your HCT tested to see if the primo changes levels? Although I assume you will be chaging your diet on the primo? Basically are you trying to get leaner or bigger or both?

Not yet. It’s only been 2 weeks since I came off 500 test and 140 tren. Going to give it a few more weeks before doing just 600mg primo. I’m trying to mainly get leaner but bigger too would be nice. Diet won’t be that much different I don’t think.

Honestly, low doses haven’t put any size on me lately. I don’t want more muscle badly enough that I’m going to run a big stack, but I’ll take what I can get.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ThirdLegery Gregory
NapsGear