• Cardio every other day

Votes: 69 20.4%
  • Cardio 2 times per week

Votes: 51 15.0%
  • Only do Cardio when dieting or prepping

Votes: 35 10.3%

• Total voters
Just started to do 20-30 after weights 5 days a weej

I'm surprised by how much cardio most guys here are doing. The trend (articles and such) seems to be toward much less cardio, especially steady state. Personally, I'm currently only walking 5 days per week for about 45 min. I will add another 45 min walk first thing in the morning in a couple weeks. I've also kept my total calories a little higher than normal when cutting.

This combo is works nicely so far. My metabolism is still running high and when I cut more and add the second walk, I expect to lean out quickly.

I used to only do cardio for prep.. but now I do cardio 6 times a week year round in the mornings with an empty stomach. I found out I recover faster and look/feel better like this...

I used to only do cardio for prep.. but now I do cardio 6 times a week year round in the mornings with an empty stomach. I found out I recover faster and look/feel better like this...

Plus it's one of the best ways to keep BP in check. Lifting doesn't do it. And BP elevation is one of best ways to destroy your whole body

Started as a slow cut all the way back in December at 2800. I was at 2600 in the first pic and was down to 2400 by the last.

This is the most underrated way to do it I think.. Give your body plenty of time to drop that bf and you don't have to kill yourself on cardio.. Looks like you kept all your muscle and even gained a little tissue. Nice job!

Since they're all fasted sessions, I do low intensity steady state. Keep my HR around 130. Seems to work quite well with minimal muscle loss.

Usually, after a few weeks, my BP goes down 20pts when I introduce this type of cardio in. I haven't done bloodwork in a long time, but when I did before it always seemed like it improved my cholesterol / lipid panel as well.

Yep, this is why I do it, aside from just needing to for killing Body-fat. The cholesterol and BP benefits. It also keeps Hematocrit lower.

I'm not a high-doser, but even so the BP creeps up. 135/75 ish without cardio. And cardio really seems to help with processing carbs. I used to get slightly blurred vision as blood sugar dropped while dieting, but not when cardio is included often (5-6x a week).

Cardio is best done after workouts correct? I have heard from some sources that it may hinder some gains after a strenuous workout if your body has to change gears into a aerobic state after a heavy lifting session. Or is this just a non-issue and cardio can be done anytime regardless of your work out plan?

I do about 6-7 minutes on stationary bike and 2-3 warm up sets with high reps with 30-45 second rest in between to warm up before every workout

But a light cardio and lots of water after dead lift or squats seriously decreases the DOMS intensity. Makes it almost go away. Stationary bike or walk on the treadmill for twenty minutes, no big thing. (that's what she said)

This is the most underrated way to do it I think.. Give your body plenty of time to drop that bf and you don't have to kill yourself on cardio.. Looks like you kept all your muscle and even gained a little tissue. Nice job!

Thanks big guy! Getting back at it in a few days. June, July, and August I'll have a slight calorie surplus, and then I'll cut down for a show in November.

I only do cardio when prepping and I am a firm believer in FASTED cardio 45-60 mins at least for my body type

20 th annv weekend, 1 hr of cardio x 3 in 24 hrs.
I'll need extra electrolites for sure!

I'm doing 45 minutes after I train 6-7 days a week. The cardio with the carb cycling is allowing me to get a lot leaner and maintain and even gain muscle size and strength slowly. I've noticed substantially better recovery and I feel and look better. Down to a pretty lean 240 with great separation in my legs already.

My martial arts instructor always said best cardio, if u can get a lot of it then get it, is sex :p

Synthetek Industries – Innovative Bodybuilding Products: Syntherol SEO | Human Kyno | L-Carnitine | Liver Protectants | Appetite Stimulators | Vasodilators - www.synthetek.com

20 minutes of cardio after i train 5 days a week, rotating 2 speeds every minute ... works well.. I'm pretty lean though, 190 5' 9" 35 yr..
body fat 10%.

if you guys want a seriously badass cardio routine that will also kick your metabolic rate up for many hours following do what we call a 30-30.

get on the rower (i know most bb'er hate it but it is a fantastic piece of equipment). (you will need 2 timers for this

set your timer for 30 minutes total time- hit start
on the other timer have it set for 30 seconds so that it counts down.

do 30 seconds of a sprint row until the timer beeps. when it beeps you hit stop then start againt to countdown another 30 seconds. catch your breathe as your timer gets down to 0. when it goes off you hit stop start again and go balls out.

so you will do 30 seconds of sprint rows, then 30 seconds of rest, for 30 minutes.

this routine is GUARANTEED to knock you on your ass and give you a fantastic metabolic burn rate. i use it with many of my clients and for myself everytime i need to cut weight for a fight.

Use a gymboss timer or download their app. It's a very flexible double timer. I like 30 sec all out followed by 90 sec rest? However, your way will definitely be more metabolically taxing.

I do 15 mins of swimming 5-6 days a week.

Doctor just did a lung capacity test on me on Friday and told me to continue to swim... I am only doing 15 mins a week (indoor pool) because I really just enjoy the water, the peace and (quiet sometimes) and it keeps me flexible. I will probably incorporate another outdoor session with the outdoor pools now open.

I'm kind of shocked so many PM members do cardio everyday for at least 30 minutes. That probably made me sound like an asshole....

I do cardio every day for at least 30 minutes. Recently been trying to do 60 minutes but my knees have started hurting since the 3 days of going for 70, 90, 60 on StairMasters.

How do you find the time, energy or motivation to do cardio???

I am trying... really... but it just is so hard to do it. Feels like water torture and pointless (hard to think of health benefits when wanting to rip your eyes out.)

How do you find the time, energy or motivation to do cardio???

I am trying... really... but it just is so hard to do it. Feels like water torture and pointless (hard to think of health benefits when wanting to rip your eyes out.)

Find something you Enjoy doing. Cardio in the gym is a boring head fuck. I use my mountain bike for the majority of cardio, sometimes jogging, sometimes power-walking, sometimes swimming, and playing sports at weekend.
Once you get doing cardio it will give you More energy!

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws