over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insomnia on low carbs

powerlifter1983

Registered
Newbies
I have felt like since I was in my 20s that I look and feel the best when I keep my carbs fairly low for both how I look or how I feel. The issue I always run into within days is it makes it hard for me to stay asleep and I toss and turn a lot at night.

Yesterday night I binged on 4 frozen chicken biryani frozen dinners that had a ton of yellow rice in it around 9pm and I slept like a baby. Apparently there is some kind of a connection between the low carbs and me feeling asleep.

Anyone else experience this?

I from my experience when it comes to how i feel the best for me is moderation. 200-300 carbs with 1 or two refeeds where fat is low. Results wise - gains or loosing bodyfat i must switch to lower carbs or higher. But just to feel my best moderate carb lower fat higher protein.

I have felt like since I was in my 20s that I look and feel the best when I keep my carbs fairly low for both how I look or how I feel. The issue I always run into within days is it makes it hard for me to stay asleep and I toss and turn a lot at night.

Yesterday night I binged on 4 frozen chicken biryani frozen dinners that had a ton of yellow rice in it around 9pm and I slept like a baby. Apparently there is some kind of a connection between the low carbs and me feeling asleep.

Interesting.

For me it comes eating primarily carbohydrates during meal that puts me to sleep. Like pea soup and rice . . . and I am out like a light.

I call it a ‘carb coma’.

Yea I usually get this when cutting out carbs, I just take a little honey before bed and take less and less for a week. Really helps

What/when is your last meal? When I would do keto I would always wake up at night but a small fat/protein meal before bed helped.

Low carb diets decrease brain serotonin. End of thread. 😂

I will say your post is a bit counter intuitive though- “I look and feel my best on low carb.”

“I can’t sleep on low carbs.”

So do you really look and feel your best if you can’t sleep…🤔

I’m just giving you shit. But hope that answers your question. Lol

There's a lot of science behind it, but there's no need to talk about it, it's just a very common consequence of low carb diets. Supposedly, after a few weeks your body will adapt and you will start to sleep better, but you may want to have some carbs at bedtime.

There's a lot of science behind it, but there's no need to talk about it, it's just a very common consequence of low carb diets. Supposedly, after a few weeks your body will adapt and you will start to sleep better, but you may want to have some carbs at bedtime.
Either consume the bulk of your daily carb allotment prior to bed, preferably with a milk protein or make your last meal your largest in volume as volume seems to play into postprandial somnolence also.

Magnesium glycinate
5-HTP
Tryptophan
Kava
GABA

These all help me when experiencing the same from lower/no carbs.

Or take a low dose of gabapentin (100-300mg). It will help keep you asleep.
Magnesium glycinate
5-HTP
Tryptophan
Kava
GABA

These all help me when experiencing the same from lower/no carbs.
A bit extreme and in the deep end IMO to jump to a nerve medication to force sleep. 😂

The second list is a much smarter starting point.

Just add 100g of blue berries and a whey protein shake before bed and you’ll likely resolve the issue.

A bit extreme and in the deep end IMO to jump to a nerve medication to force sleep. 😂

The second list is a much smarter starting point.

Just add 100g of blue berries and a whey protein shake before bed and you’ll likely resolve the issue.
Low dose gabapentin is not extreme especially considering the polypharmaceutical nature of this board. And it doesn't cause sedation at this dose, just maintains sleep for longer duration.

I’m that bored, semi retired 40 year old dude with no wife, kids or life and loves hanging out with his online musclehead friends.

Go for a walk, go fishing, go fuck some hottie, go out for a healthy lunch, read a book, listen to a podcast, do some journaling, write some haiku, write down your goals for the next 5 years, decorate your Christmas tree or Hanukkah bush, get a pedicure, go get some tissue work done, etc, etc.

Anything, anything at all besides creating more dumb threads.

Low dose gabapentin is not extreme especially considering the polypharmaceutical nature of this board. And it doesn't cause sedation at this dose, just maintains sleep for longer duration.
All in a matter of opinion. If it works for you by all means go for it. But IMO there’s a big difference in gear and medications that can develop a dependency and have withdraws that’s main indication isn’t even sleep. A bit overkill. But again just my opinion and experience. 🤷‍♂️

I know it varies and I'm going to reference a 120 lb woman but that dose knocks her out for 14-20 hours on occasion

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131