advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

***KEVIN LEVRONE*** Arguably best Genetics EVER?!?!?

kevin's back double bis was little shallow compared to yates and coleman.

Gotta take a look at the historical moment too.

Yates redefined the sport. No one had brought that kind of size and definition before. He was the champ. You couldn't be as good as the champ and win, you'd have to be much, much better.

Then Big Ron came along. We're talking THE BEST bodybuilder to ever step on a Mr. O stage, period. Tough era.

only 2 guys have a better pro record then Kev..

Haney....and Coleman

and Dexter..

but anyways. we have a number of guys who looked and currently look better than kevin ever did in his prime IMO.

dexter, byeke, cedric,

some may say rhoden...

heath would definitely beat levrone, wouldn't even be close

I understand the whole romanticization of a period in the past....but let's be realistic here.

He was in an awesome era. You had Dorian, Nasser, Flex, Priest, Dillet, Cormier etc.. The second golden age for sure

Totally agree, there was no better era than this other than the "Pumping Iron" era.

and Dexter..

but anyways. we have a number of guys who looked and currently look better than kevin ever did in his prime IMO.

dexter, byeke, cedric,

some may say rhoden...

heath would definitely beat levrone, wouldn't even be close

I understand the whole romanticization of a period in the past....but let's be realistic here.

didn't see dex on the list.....but

not saying hes the best of all time.....but he DID in fact dominate
most of the time during his time...and had just about everyone beat
in symmetry and balance....

i say flex was better.....just fuller muscle bellies, smaller joints
and better tan:eek:

:cool:

Kevin is an inspiration for sure. being that we re from the same home state is pretty cool too. the whole east coasters train harder, is it true? :)

Kevin came out of noone where and beat flex wheeler at nationals , when flex was the talk on everyones lips. Kevin shut everyone up. Kevin trained extremely heavy and dont know how he did behind the neck presses with 405 lbs for 6 reps or so (smith machine)

Dorian and Kevin trained together and Dorian respected Kevin complimenting him intensity and hard and heavy

Kevin had other interests like fullbown his band and toward to end after a pec tear would only train 3-4 months of the year for the O and still place well.

back in 2002 in the aol bodybuilding chatroom i used to talk to a guy that trained with him in the gym. Mark treicher if i got the spelling right

Im proud of Kevin that he was the promoter of his first show this year n poland

Holy fucking shit! Sounds like an awesome breakfast meal before my track day tomorrow.

try cream of rice almond butter and a little honey - it melts in your mouth....deviant recipe Moutaindog posted.:love:

Levrone just has that genetically gifted look. There have been bigger, there have been leaner, but that shape isn't anything you can lift, eat, or inject.

only 2 guys have a better pro record then Kev..

Haney....and Coleman

Vince taylor and dexter jackson have better records there might be more thats just off the top of my head.

I'm a Levrone fan, and there were years there where either he, Flex or Nasser could have beaten Dorian but it never happened. To win an O everything has to go right for you, Flex was well on his way and that car accident almost killed him and put him really far behind. He came back and was runner up a few times but I feel like if he never lost momentum from the injury he could have won.

Levrone had the pec tear, also heard that he could not squat towards the end of his career so that affected his legs. Nasser was winning one year and got disqualified for a diuretic (not sure how one guy tests positive when everyone is on them)

So they were all right there very close to winning, just never beat Dorian. Its not like Dorian was not a worthy champion, he was incredible, im a huge fan of his as well.

Everything has to go right to win when the stage was stacked with so many incredible physiques.

Their was RC, then everyone else competing for arguable second

I'd most like to look like flex tho bc it's somewhat more comprehendable as something a mere mortal may be able to attain... Ronnie was just alien shit lol

Last edited:
I'm a Levrone fan, and there were years there where either he, Flex or Nasser could have beaten Dorian but it never happened. To win an O everything has to go right for you, Flex was well on his way and that car accident almost killed him and put him really far behind. He came back and was runner up a few times but I feel like if he never lost momentum from the injury he could have won.

Levrone had the pec tear, also heard that he could not squat towards the end of his career so that affected his legs. Nasser was winning one year and got disqualified for a diuretic (not sure how one guy tests positive when everyone is on them)

So they were all right there very close to winning, just never beat Dorian. Its not like Dorian was not a worthy champion, he was incredible, im a huge fan of his as well.

Everything has to go right to win when the stage was stacked with so many incredible physiques.
Agree on all. Kevin was definitely one of the greats in his time but there were so many good ones at the time. Kevin and Flex were always two of my favorites but neither ever won the big one.

That was Ronnie's worst ever Olympia showing--2002--but yes, Kevin has better aesthetics.

that was one of ronnies smallest he came in in 250's. He tried to duplicate a previous best look, which he weighed less and sucked down that year.

following year he came back weighing 20-30 more lb,s weigh in weight, if im not mistaken

He is definitely my favorite of all time. Always do behind the neck shoulder press because of him

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
PenguinPiss
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws