over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

LANTUS experiences

Hey Daniel, can you expand on that? Are running high and low days or are you cutting back for lengthier periods of time?
Single or multiple doses daily

Then if your fasting blood glucose has crept up recently, you may switch to a diet with a higher retrograded starch content (like rice and potatoes cooled for 24hrs after preparation and reheated before being served).
Resistant starch also acts as a prebiotic, as an added bonus.

Could you elaborate on this a little plz I sometime reheat rice and it seems easier on my stomach when it is upset..but had no idea there could be a difference in insulin sensitivity

Could you elaborate on this a little plz I sometime reheat rice and it seems easier on my stomach when it is upset..but had no idea there could be a difference in insulin sensitivity
Consumption of resistant starch is associated with reduced abdominal fat and improved insulin sensitivity. Increased serum GLP-1 likely plays a role in promoting these benefits.
But really, do a quick Ncbi search and you'll be buried in studies on this matter.

after being cooked high temp then cooled 24 hours, many of the small starch molecules become longer in the process and then more resistant to digestion (not sure if needed to be reheated again after cooling for this effect) .

I am thinking of making the same switch. I will check back with you in a week or so to hear your results.

It’s only been 2 fasted glucose readings since switching to Dihydroberberine, so take this with a grain of salt as it’s certainly too soon for a conclusion. My fasted glucose is already 10 points higher. I’ll keep at this for a bit than try the met / berb combo next.

Yea I cook my rice and generally leave it in a colander on a plate at room temp a day or three, I picked this up in Japan (not the colander)

It’s only been 2 fasted glucose readings since switching to Dihydroberberine, so take this with a grain of salt as it’s certainly too soon for a conclusion. My fasted glucose is already 10 points higher. I’ll keep at this for a bit than try the met / berb combo next.
Once again, remember that without Met hindering glucose uptake, it's almost as if you doubled your carbs intake.

Once again, remember that without Met hindering glucose uptake, it's almost as if you doubled your carbs intake.

I’m running them individually without a change in diet or activity to gauge a response that’s not tainted by variables. This is to see what a straight swap in drugs will do and after I’ll try stacking them to see if that reaps any additional benefits. Im already planning a mini cut to restore insulin sensitivity so this is a great time to see what these drugs can do before then.

I’m running them individually without a change in diet or activity to gauge a response that’s not tainted by variables. This is to see what a straight swap in drugs will do and after I’ll try stacking them to see if that reaps any additional benefits. Im already planning a mini cut to restore insulin sensitivity so this is a great time to see what these drugs can do before then.
Well, as a matter of fact one BIG variable has already been tainted once you removed what was cutting in half your -actual- CHO absorption. Are you currently using any OTC supps with a known impact on glucose metabolism?

That’s pretty damn dramatic even if it’s short term and that’s where the game has truly changed even 10 years ago I’m sure Milos was doin shit like this but it wasn’t standard even in top guys slin use yes but not all this intense monitoring and fine tuning

Well, as a matter of fact one BIG variable has already been tainted once you removed what was cutting in half your -actual- CHO absorption. Are you currently using any OTC supps with a known impact on glucose metabolism?

I am eating a set amount of carbohydrates. Using Metformin dropped my fasting glucose to a certain level, with glucose disposal amongst other benefits. I am now seeing where Dihydroberberine drops it. I am not going to drop my carbs while I take Dihydroberberine as that will absolutely skew the results.

So you think I should drop my carbs in half and that would make a fair comparison? It absolutely won’t. They both drop glucose levels through different mechanisms. I am seeing which does a better job, all else being equal.

To put it in the simplest terms. My diet and activity has not changed. Only the meds have. If you don’t think that’s a fair comparison, that’s fine as I’m not catering this for you.

I am eating a set amount of carbohydrates. Using Metformin dropped my fasting glucose to a certain level, with glucose disposal amongst other benefits. I am now seeing where Dihydroberberine drops it. I am not going to drop my carbs while I take Dihydroberberine as that will absolutely skew the results.

So you think I should drop my carbs in half and that would make a fair comparison? It absolutely won’t. They both drop glucose levels through different mechanisms. I am seeing which does a better job, all else being equal.

To put it in the simplest terms. My diet and activity has not changed. Only the meds have. If you don’t think that’s a fair comparison, that’s fine as I’m not catering this for you.
I DO get your point but I'afraid you're not getting mine:
In the simplest terms, I'm not telling you to reduce your carbs intake by 20%, 45% or whatever, but one can't make an accurate comparison between the two in regard to insulin sensitivity just by glucose readings as one of them as a matter of fact hampers intestinal glucose uptake and that's exactly like eating less carbs.

No need to get defensive, nobody told you what to do or not to do nor I think your experiment is meant for my entertainment. Hope this is firmly clear to you.
Peace ☮️🍻

I DO get your point but I'afraid you're not getting mine:
In the simplest terms, I'm not telling you to reduce your carbs intake by 20%, 45% or whatever, but one can't make an accurate comparison between the two in regard to insulin sensitivity just by glucose readings as one of them as a matter of fact hampers intestinal glucose uptake and that's exactly like eating less carbs.

No need to get defensive, nobody told you what to do or not to do nor I think your experiment is meant for my entertainment. Hope this is firmly clear to you.
Peace ☮️🍻

I also get your point. Im not defensive, Im just tired of you repeating it. Your beating a broken drum over and over again.

You say its not a fair comparison because it hampers glucose uptake. Fine. Never did I say these are equal medications. Never did I say I was giving an apples to apples comparison. All I said was, I have X glucose levels. Lets see how each medication effects my glucose levels without changing anything else. Thats all.

All that said, you keep returning to the point of glucophage hampers glucose uptake. Nobody is arguing with you. This is a feature of the medication. Removing that feature does not give a true representation of Glucophages effects on blood glucose as whole.

I also get your point. Im not defensive, Im just tired of you repeating it. Your beating a broken drum over and over again.

You say its not a fair comparison because it hampers glucose uptake. Fine. Never did I say these are equal medications. Never did I say I was giving an apples to apples comparison. All I said was, I have X glucose levels. Lets see how each medication effects my glucose levels without changing anything else. Thats all.

All that said, you keep returning to the point of glucophage hampers glucose uptake. Nobody is arguing with you. This is a feature of the medication. Removing that feature does not give a true representation of Glucophages effects on blood glucose as whole.
I haven't been repeating it over and over and over and over again like you depict it but I certainly see it annoyed you enough.
And I DO know what you said.
Ok, case closed.

I haven't been repeating it over and over and over and over again like you depict it but I certainly see it annoyed you enough.
And I DO know what you said.
Ok, case closed.

Haha fair enough. Alright man.

(y)

Any of you guys split your Lantus dose, AM and afternoon? I heard of some people doing that if they train later on in the day

Any of you guys split your Lantus dose, AM and afternoon? I heard of some people doing that if they train later on in the day
I take my full Lantus dose in the morning before breakfast. Later in the day, I use Humalog pre and post-workout.

Full dose upon waking for me.
Then may or may not add fast acting slin with the largest meals. Context dependent.

Remember that metformin has a longer duration of action. So, if you take a 2nd dose while the first dose is still active, you will experiene a compounded effect. Dihydroberberine, while more powerful per mg, doesn't last as long, so keep that in mind when doing glucose readings. :)

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
old timer2
NapsGear