over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My Lipids Are WACK

Thanks for the discussion guys. I should mention I have hypothyroidism at baseline, but have been off my t4 for a long while. I got my script filled and started it back up on Monday

I had an HDL of 26. Ate so many damn fish oil pills for a year I swear I could breath under water. 1 year later, HDL was still 26. At least the rest of my numbers were good. To hell with all that fish oil!

I had an HDL of 26. Ate so many damn fish oil pills for a year I swear I could breath under water. 1 year later, HDL was still 26. At least the rest of my numbers were good. To hell with all that fish oil!

Fish oil has more of an impact on lowering triglycerides than raising other lipid parameters, such as HDL.

Sooo, my dr wants to put me on crestor...
I know why I shouldnt take it or any other statins, but is tjere a reason I SHOULD?

I wouldnt even ask with lipitor, but apparently crestor has some really good anti inflammatory properties

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Sooo, my dr wants to put me on crestor...
I know why I shouldnt take it or any other statins, but is tjere a reason I SHOULD?

I wouldnt even ask with lipitor, but apparently crestor has some really good anti inflammatory properties

Im in the same boat, cannot for the life of me thru supplementation or diet get my ldl under control, last alternative is to try red yeast rice ( i know statin any way, if i got the correct stuff) and see if it works....

Alot of guys i know r now using statins in order to use their aas and not worry as much about their chol while on, i guess health is out of the question because vanity is #1!!! NOT IMPLYING THIS IS YOUR OUTTAKE, just a general consensus on most of the dudes i know and how they look at it....

Sent from my iPP using Tapatrash

Last edited:
Tren and winny will destroy your lipids. I once tried ran them together for a few months... my LDL was near 300 and HDL at 11. Total was well over 300. My doctor said he never saw worst levels in his career. Went back to normal 6 month after getting off.

No no adex. Funny thing is my labs were better on more stuff 2 years ago. Oh well it is what it is. I dropped the tren and winny and dropped my test way down to 250mg per week, and started primo at 450mg

Red Yeast Rice seems like a great supplement but I have read that the FDA (or whatever / whoever) made changes to it because of its medicinal properties and what you get on the market now does not have the desired effect the batches in the past have had.

Anyone can confirm this? Because dude I know when through 6 months of it with the Vitamin Shoppe and Twinlab brand and his #s did not change at all.

Red Yeast Rice seems like a great supplement but I have read that the FDA (or whatever / whoever) made changes to it because of its medicinal properties and what you get on the market now does not have the desired effect the batches in the past have had.

Anyone can confirm this? Because dude I know when through 6 months of it with the Vitamin Shoppe and Twinlab brand and his #s did not change at all.

Yea they took the statin out years ago from what I understand.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

url]

You think your lipids are bad this was blood work from earlier this year.. Stay away from orals I loved var ran it to long.... And tren.... Im gonna have blood work done monday for a follow up and see if anything improved... Dr tryed to put me on stains no thx. So she has me niacin xr 1000 mg been on 3 months will see how it looks also taking fish oil fixed my diet and red yeast pills.... Im only 26 to!

was on winny and tren and my #'s were all messed up. Got off and did a cleanse and 6wks later improved drastically.

url]

You think your lipids are bad this was blood work from earlier this year.. Stay away from orals I loved var ran it to long.... And tren.... Im gonna have blood work done monday for a follow up and see if anything improved... Dr tryed to put me on stains no thx. So she has me niacin xr 1000 mg been on 3 months will see how it looks also taking fish oil fixed my diet and red yeast pills.... Im only 26 to!

ouch. my HDL looks similar after long long tren runs (ran it for a year straight, i also like orals :p) but LDL is always very low too so im not too concerned.

Last edited:
U try any tudca coupled w nac for the liver? Heard that combo is great?

Sent from my iPP using Tapatrash

LDL is 210
HDL is 11
total cholesterol is 176

My doctor hasn't called me yet but I bet she will tomorrow...

Total cholesterol doesn't really explain the whole story. Your LDL to HDL ratio is more important and from the looks of your numbers it will be pretty f***ing bad.

using curcumin and resveratrol typically leads to 30+ point drops in total cholesterol and an improvement in HDL after just 3-4 weeks...

Beat me to it... Via ppar alpha, gamma,

I personally would avoid statins at all costs...

Niacin does absolutely nothing to prevent adverse cardiac events as the AIM High study concluded.

Curc/Res not only significantly improves dislipidemia, but lowers inflammation which is much more important to preventing cardiovascular disease... Or any disease for that matter...

While Chol/HDL/LDL/triglyceride levels are still considered important predictors of possible future adverse cardiac events your Dr should be running homocysteine, CRP, ESR, and A1c levels which are so much more indicative of what may be going on..

Going by Cholesterol values is like seeing a bunch of cops at a crime scene and accusing them of murder.... Well, you get the point :)

Ubiquinol also to maintain cardiovascular function and endothelial repair...

LDL is 210
HDL is 11
total cholesterol is 176

My doctor hasn't called me yet but I bet she will tomorrow...

im in the same boat bro. blood tests last week lead me to cardiologist. hdl was 7. protein in urine and other stuff going on. dr said im showing signs of anabolic/androgenic overdose. said stop cold turkey and wants blood tests every month for 3 months to evaluate and changes or consistencies. second opinion said lower dose to just test at 250mg a week and evaluate tests. you really need health insurance or at least a way to get blood done regularly and checked by dr if you want any sort of longevity in our thing. I was never one to go off. just blast and cruise and I will admit blasts were longer then they should have been. im in the solution now and lets see what happens. we got to be on top of this shit or we will get hurt or worse.

some feedback from a res/curc user:

Fuck the meds!
Toprol...Norvasc...and a few Triglyceride pharms...
I dropped them all!

Always had high BP!
With genetically high cholesterol levels in my family...
My numbers were consistently in the mid 200's during my twenties and thirties.... I was put on a handful of meds in my early thirties to control things...

Anyways, I started the Res/Curc/Ptero/Gluth combo and within two months my numbers dropped to healthy/normal levels!
My triglycerides were cut in half!

My physician told me to continue doing 'Whatever I was doing!'... LOL!!!
Never looked back and have been healthy and pain-free since!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member