over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My Lipids Are WACK

I use cholstoff from wal mart to help with ldl and take 3 lovasa for hdl it helps,also only cook in olive oil.

Although I have. I believe it's been suggested not to cook with olive oil.

I use cholstoff from wal mart to help with ldl and take 3 lovasa for hdl it helps,also only cook in olive oil.

This is true. Olive oil is better used as a sauce/dressing. Best things to cook with are saturated fats which are stable at high temps. Lard, tallow, duck fat, schmaltz, ghee, coconut oil.

This is true. Olive oil is better used as a sauce/dressing. Best things to cook with are saturated fats which are stable at high temps. Lard, tallow, duck fat, schmaltz, ghee, coconut oil.

Hey Pharm Fed,

Can you expand on this?

Why should not one cook with EVOO?

Thanks!

Hey Pharm Fed,

Can you expand on this?

Thanks!

Low smoking point the olive oil over heats to easy and denatures the oil where the body won't be able to break it down. Bad can lead to inflammation, digestive issues etc

Cook with coconut oil high melting temp and loads health benefits

For lipids check out abana from same company that makes liv52. Keeps my total cholesterol and LDL always mega low no matter what I'm on. HDL harder to raise when on orals and tren if will rape it. Lots of cooconut, fish oil, niacin and cardio can help

some feedback from a res/curc user:

Fuck the meds!
Toprol...Norvasc...and a few Triglyceride pharms...
I dropped them all!

Always had high BP!
With genetically high cholesterol levels in my family...
My numbers were consistently in the mid 200's during my twenties and thirties.... I was put on a handful of meds in my early thirties to control things...

Anyways, I started the Res/Curc/Ptero/Gluth combo and within two months my numbers dropped to healthy/normal levels!
My triglycerides were cut in half!

My physician told me to continue doing 'Whatever I was doing!'... LOL!!!
Never looked back and have been healthy and pain-free since!

did that combo just help your triglycerides or also your BP and other cholesterol levels?

Anti E's can play havoc on cholesterol Also

heres what i suggest.. and my cholesterol has always come back good no matter what ive run... ( it was bad until i did this )

Cardio - should be hitting this 3-4 x week, 30mins regardless of off season / pre contest

Extra Virgin Olive oil - this is much better for cholesterol then Coconut oil, coconut oil is better for energy but doesnt do As much for cholesterol as Evoo
Dont cook it EVOO just Add it to your Meals, Cook in coconut if you have too

Omega 3 fish oils, Dont look at it saying 1000mg, look at whats in the capsule, u want a good amount of DHA AND EPA

Wine, A small glass of wine before bed Can help

Diet, its not about how much fats you eat, its more the ratio, id go lower carb, and higher fats, so your fat intake percentage wise is higher, do this by either keeping it the same throughout the week OR, making your NON training days a higher in fat then carbs IE - 40% pro, 25% carbs, 35% fats.

Slow Niacin - 500-1000mg a day would do you good

Orals - Stay away from these, unless prepping for a show and even then save them for the last 4 weeks,
I used DBOL in the off season and i found just taking it on my training days 2 weeks on 2 weeks of helped a lot.. No sides, etc....

Free range Omega 3 eggs are very good also

Soluble fibre can be digested by your body (insoluble fibre cannot), and it may help reduce the amount of cholesterol in your blood.
Good sources of soluble fibre include:
oats
beans
peas
lentils
chickpeas
fruit and vegetables

Gear - cruising IMO is so important, running 200-300mg (max week) will give your body a chance of returning to somewhat normal, infact at the end of a cruise peroid if my levels arent normal, i stay off for even longer..

Hope this Helps!

I just have to ask what these are:

Res/Curc/Ptero/Gluth combo ?? Im not sure what these supps are? And where to get the best at affordable prices?

Ive always had high cholesterol since leaving the military and need any help so i dont have to go on a statin!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPP using Tapatrash

Last edited:
Not sure there's merit..
Olive oil has a higher or generally equal smoke point when compared to coconut oil.
Hey Pharm Fed,

Can you expand on this?

Thanks!
I followed that thinking for years...now I wonder if it's bs..
Low smoking point the olive oil over heats to easy and denatures the oil where the body won't be able to break it down. Bad can lead to inflammation, digestive issues etc

Cook with coconut oil high melting temp and loads health benefits
Yea, Dave Palumbo was sure to blast that info out about low smoke point because he sold mac nut oil..but is it really true? Olive oils smoke point is higher than coconut oil..

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

If I'm frying stuff in olive oil it will smoke and spit. Coconut oil not nearly as much, hell it tastes better, MCTs less likely to be stored as fat and full of Lauric Acid.
Could always add olive oil to the meal once cooked. Best of both

did that combo just help your triglycerides or also your BP and other cholesterol levels?

thats not my post, just sharing feedback form a user on another board.

i believe his bp is is better though, total cholesterol is also in range.

many others have tested 30plus point drops in total cholesterol.

I just have to ask what these are:

Res/Curc/Ptero/Gluth combo ?? Im not sure what these supps are? And where to get the best at affordable prices?

Ive always had high cholesterol since leaving the military and need any help so i dont have to go on a statin!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

resveratrol/curcumin/pterostilbene/glutathione

they are all injections, not something you can buy in the store.

resveratrol/curcumin/pterostilbene/glutathione

they are all injections, not something you can buy in the store.

Oh wow so injectable only huh? The powdered form wont work then?

Mind me asking if a source on here carries them? And how much per shot for each compound?

Oh wow so injectable only huh? The powdered form wont work then?

Mind me asking if a source on here carries them? And how much per shot for each compound?

oral glut does nothing. the best thing to raise glut prally is NAC, but does not seem to yeild the same effect as glut.

there is a lot of debate about oral curc, i have only used the inject, and have no plans on using oral.

res is destroid when metabolized.

ptero again debatable.

ergo used to offer these but there is no one atm.

res is typically run 100-300mg/wk
curc 300-600
ptero 150-300
glut 300-600

the guy in the post above also uses a topical version.

i dont remember his exact dosing right now but helped him and his wife with all this a couple years back. both got great results.

more usier feedback regarding bp, different person though...

Oh, you were probably asking me about the foy3. 1ml or so per day. I have energy, less aches and pains, and my blood pressure immediately after a weight workout was NORMAL. I've had fairly high BP for a while, especially after a workout, so this was significant. Only issue is a rash where I apply it, which is bothersome, but I want the benefits so I continue

oral glut does nothing. the best thing to raise glut prally is NAC, but does not seem to yeild the same effect as glut.

there is a lot of debate about oral curc, i have only used the inject, and have no plans on using oral.

res is destroid when metabolized.

ptero again debatable.

ergo used to offer these but there is no one atm.

res is typically run 100-300mg/wk

curc 300-600

ptero 150-300

glut 300-600

the guy in the post above also uses a topical version.

i dont remember his exact dosing right now but helped him and his wife with all this a couple years back. both got great results.

If u dont mind me asking where can one obtain these as injectables? Id love to give em a shot (pun intended) as i have had cholesterol for years and my doc is pushing a statin badly!

Thanks for the info on grey prevention though even I missed this from a review in 2013 and came across it as somebody was asking if SOD or Glu was better.

Most would never notice in a blind test though you would notice less pissing on glu........

Nevertheless, somehow I missed this as Ptero raises BOTH glu and SOD!

Quote:
The evidence presented in this review shows that pterostilbene reduces oxidative stress (OS) and production of reactive oxygen species (ROS), such as hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) and superoxide anion , which are implicated in the initiation and pathogenesis of several disease processes [13]. In addition, various cell lines treated with pterostilbene have shown increased expression of the antioxidants catalase, total glutathione (GSH), glutathione peroxidase (GPx), glutathione reductase (GR), and superoxide dismutase (SOD).

Next is in mice, but oh well as the other up mnSOD was in breast tissue:

Further studies show that blueberry supplementation attenuated atherosclerosis by upregulating expression of the antioxidant enzymes SOD1, SOD2, GSR, and thioredoxin reductase- (TR-) 1 in ApoE deficient mouse models of atherosclerosis [31]. Blueberry supplementation was also shown to reduce H2O2-induced intracellular ROS production in human microvascular endothelial cells (HMVECs) [32].

But then it was found to work in colon cells and the sod increased 5.7!

Pterostilbene treatment increased expression of the antioxidants, catalase, GPx, GR, and TR-1 by less than 2-fold and downregulated Bcl-2, a proto-oncogene implicated in colon cancer proliferation [48]. The effects of pterostilbene were most significant upon antioxidant SOD2 expression, producing a 5.7-fold increase in enzyme activity [48]. Some authors have proposed that chemotherapeutic regimens target SOD2 as an additional mechanism for tumor suppression making pterostilbene a potential chemotherapeutic agent [49]

In pancreas:

Further experiments demonstrated that pterostilbene induced upregulation of MnSOD at the genomic level which translated into downstream increased enzymatic activity [64]. Pterostilbene’s ability to increase antioxidant activity by altering expression and enzymatic activity of MnSOD contributes to its credence as an anticancer agent because numerous studies show that pancreatic cancer cells have decreased expression of MnSOD when compared to normal cells and overexpression of MnSOD correlates with decreased pancreatic tumor volume [65–68].

In hamsters and rats, but we have in vitro results in humans showing the same:

hypercholesterolemic hamsters fed 20 ppm oral pterostilbene demonstrated a 29% decrease in plasma low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, 7% increase in high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol, and 14% decrease in plasma glucose levels compared to controls [79]. The authors also found that pterostilbene in vitro increased PPAR- activation in rat liver cells that was significantly higher than the amount of PPAR- activation produced by the lipid-lowering agent clofibrate. Such findings are significant because derangements of glucose metabolism often accompany hyperlipidemia in diabetics and those diagnosed with metabolic syndrome. Ultimately, the glucose and lipid-lowering effects of the dietary compound pterostilbene may contribute to its clinical potential for prevention or treatment of diabetes.

Then there's some for you 'brain changers' and it has a good runout:

Bickford and colleagues found evidence that blueberry-fed aged rats had significant improvements in GABA potentiation and increased GSH compared to aged controls. In addition, blueberry-fed aged rats performed rod-running motor tasks at a faster pace compared to controls. The reported findings show that blueberries contain a compound that is capable of increasing GSH antioxidant activity and cerebellar Purkinje cell GABA potentiation resulting in enhanced psychomotor performance in aged rats. Comparable findings were obtained by Malin and colleagues who demonstrated that aged rats maintained on a 1- or 2-month blueberry diet showed significantly higher object memory recognition compared to control rats [87]. The cognitive benefits were seen after termination of the blueberry intervention diet where the 2-month blueberry diet had a longer benefit compared to the 1-month diet suggesting a time-dependent neuroprotective benefit.

A Review of Pterostilbene Antioxidant Activity and Disease Modification

Anti E's can play havoc on cholesterol Also

heres what i suggest.. and my cholesterol has always come back good no matter what ive run... ( it was bad until i did this )

Cardio - should be hitting this 3-4 x week, 30mins regardless of off season / pre contest

Extra Virgin Olive oil - this is much better for cholesterol then Coconut oil, coconut oil is better for energy but doesnt do As much for cholesterol as Evoo
Dont cook it EVOO just Add it to your Meals, Cook in coconut if you have too

Omega 3 fish oils, Dont look at it saying 1000mg, look at whats in the capsule, u want a good amount of DHA AND EPA

Wine, A small glass of wine before bed Can help

Diet, its not about how much fats you eat, its more the ratio, id go lower carb, and higher fats, so your fat intake percentage wise is higher, do this by either keeping it the same throughout the week OR, making your NON training days a higher in fat then carbs IE - 40% pro, 25% carbs, 35% fats.

Slow Niacin - 500-1000mg a day would do you good

Orals - Stay away from these, unless prepping for a show and even then save them for the last 4 weeks,
I used DBOL in the off season and i found just taking it on my training days 2 weeks on 2 weeks of helped a lot.. No sides, etc....

Free range Omega 3 eggs are very good also

Soluble fibre can be digested by your body (insoluble fibre cannot), and it may help reduce the amount of cholesterol in your blood.
Good sources of soluble fibre include:
oats
beans
peas
lentils
chickpeas
fruit and vegetables

Gear - cruising IMO is so important, running 200-300mg (max week) will give your body a chance of returning to somewhat normal, infact at the end of a cruise peroid if my levels arent normal, i stay off for even longer..

Hope this Helps!

Everything in this post was 100 percent correct.
Very impressed with how good of a post this was.

The last thing I would add: stay away from tren and high dose test while trying to improve lipid profiles.

Last edited:
Olive oil smoke point is 400f
coconut oil smoke point is 350f
extra virgin olive oil is 350 to 380

Why the hell are ppl saying cook with coconut oil? ??

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear