over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New Bloodwork - High Ferritin??

well,

I have messaged my doctor, and requested the phlebotomy and genetic test for haemachromatosis

and now i wait

just got his response:

"I strongly disagree and don't see evidence that it is approprate therapy. You do not show any evidence of hemachromatosis, and the initial treatment must be elimination of steroid supplements in order to stop iron absorption and allow the bone marrow and liver to correct the iron level naturally."

thoughts?
@bbxtreme?
@Type-IIx?
@nothuman?

just got his response:

"I strongly disagree and don't see evidence that it is approprate therapy. You do not show any evidence of hemachromatosis, and the initial treatment must be elimination of steroid supplements in order to stop iron absorption and allow the bone marrow and liver to correct the iron level naturally."

thoughts?
@bbxtreme?
@Type-IIx?
@nothuman?
Based on the blood markers and their training this will be their response. Not surprised.

You need to go “give blood” at a blood drive or bank. Not have a blood dump. They only test hemoglobin so you’re fine. I do it once a year. You don’t need a doctors order.

Do the things we’ve outlined here as well and I’d add curcumin to the list as well as it’s an excellent chelator or iron. Along with 1-2 grams of vitamin c per day. Liposomal, ester or pureway will work. Those items will keep it from happening again. Donating once a year just helps get it restored now and quicker IMO.

I’d also find a functional or integrative doc to help you manage all this going forward.

Based on the blood markers and their training this will be their response. Not surprised.

You need to go “give blood” at a blood drive or bank. Not have a blood dump. They only test hemoglobin so you’re fine. I do it once a year. You don’t need a doctors order.

Do the things we’ve outlined here as well and I’d add curcumin to the list as well as it’s an excellent chelator or iron. Along with 1-2 grams of vitamin c per day. Liposomal, ester or pureway will work. Those items will keep it from happening again. Donating once a year just helps get it restored now and quicker IMO.

I’d also find a functional or integrative doc to help you manage all this going forward.

Pretty irritating tbh

Do you know how I go about getting a genetic test without doctor prescription?

Pretty irritating tbh

Totally get it. And yes, there is only one genetic testing company that I would use that is truly accurate and dives deep. It’s worth the wait for the results and don’t need a doctors order.

Pretty irritating tbh

Totally get it. And yes, there is only one genetic testing company that I would use that is truly accurate and dives deep. It’s worth the wait for the results and don’t need a doctors order.

Thanks a lot for the link

If I tested positive for the condition, and went back to my doctor with the results, he’s the type who would be offended instead of being like ‘my mistake’

I believe the term is ‘bitch-made’

Thanks a lot for the link

If I tested positive for the condition, and went back to my doctor with the results, he’s the type who would be offended instead of being like ‘my mistake’

I believe the term is ‘bitch-made’
Most regular doctors will be that way. I’m lucky to have a team in my corner of doctors who are bodybuilders themselves. May be time to find someone new.

Pretty irritating tbh

I'm really surprised; he is absolutely discarding you because you're on AAS. They don't fucking increase ferritin, if anything, they reduce it by augmenting iron transport. They increase HCT/Hb by using up more heme (iron). They can increase calcium in blood, phosphorus; not ferritin... there is no way he does not know this. This is actually pretty fucked up. Contact a hematologist. Besides, he wouldn't be able to say with confidence without having a team look over your long-term ferritin results.

Did you do this bloodwork privately, or through him? If privately, then he can't actually analyse & interpret chronic changes to it.

Do you have Celtic ancestry?

I'm really surprised; he is absolutely discarding you because you're on AAS. They don't fucking increase ferritin, if anything, they reduce it by augmenting iron transport. They increase HCT/Hb by using up more heme (iron). They can increase calcium in blood, phosphorus; not ferritin... there is no way he does not know this. This is actually pretty fucked up. Contact a hematologist. Besides, he wouldn't be able to say with confidence without having a team look over your long-term ferritin results.

Did you do this bloodwork privately, or through him? If privately, then he can't actually analyse & interpret chronic changes to it.

Doctors were not taught this in med school. It is irresponsible for sure on the doctors behalf, but their ego won’t allow them to admit that (most of them). I say that as someone who went to med school and work with doctors everyday.

I am not a fan of lying to your doctor, but most will be more understanding of “I use TRT” than I take steroids.

But I agree a hematologist could help further, but they may want a referral from his PCP.

It’s a slow process but there are clinics like revive popping up across the country that are helping with this thankfully. But in the meantime we are lucky to have coaches, forums such as this and guys like you with experience who can try and help with insights.

Doctors were not taught this in med school. It is irresponsible for sure on the doctors behalf, but their ego won’t allow them to admit that (most of them). I say that as someone who went to med school and work with doctors everyday.

I am not a fan of lying to your doctor, but most will be more understanding of “I use TRT” than I take steroids.

But I agree a hematologist could help further, but they may want a referral from his PCP.

It’s a slow process but there are clinics like revive popping up across the country that are helping with this thankfully. But in the meantime we are lucky to have coaches, forums such as this and guys like you with experience who can try and help with insights.
@Fleezy does need a new GP/PCP anyway. I'm sure he can, given the motivation that he should feel regarding this, find a hematologist that won't require referral. But he has two tasks so far as I see it: New PCP & hematologist. Like, today. Try to get yourself a male PCP; too many health concerns can arise that lead us to under-report symptoms to female doctors. The hematologist can be a woman; but hopefully not one who feels disgust at AAS use. What you want is a hematologist that seems cerebral, who'd be fascinated by working with an AAS user because of hematologic aspects that can arise, and the novelty of a new type of patient.

@Fleezy did she even ask if you had drank any alcohol the night before the bloodwork? Did you drink any alcohol the night before?

just got his response:

thoughts?
@bbxtreme?
@Type-IIx?
@nothuman?
Ok I just looked at your labs from the first post. The number that really jumped out at me was your high platelet level. I'd see a hematologist ASAP. Make sure it's a good one and make sure he tests your genetic clotting factors. He also should test your fibrinogen level.

I don't know how comfortable I feel giving further advice here so I'm going to stay in my lane.

he, and no he didnt ask

and no, i dont drink at all
Yeah, he is a terrible fit for you, because he is clearly disregarding that anything can happen to you besides AAS side effects, and it's callous and arrogant. This is very likely hemacromatosis. It's not due to AAS. It's not due to alcohol. Hematologist, ASAP.

Yeah, he is a terrible fit for you, because he is clearly disregarding that anything can happen to you besides AAS side effects, and it's callous and arrogant. This is very likely hemacromatosis. It's not due to AAS. It's not due to alcohol. Hematologist, ASAP.

Bloodwork was through him

Celtic ancestry? I’m not sure. I’m pretty white

Welch and English as far as I know

Bloodwork was through him

Celtic ancestry? I’m not sure. I’m pretty white

Welch and English as far as I know
Welsh is Celtic; high rates of haemachromatosis.

Did he schedule a follow-up in 6 mo or a year for another round before this starts to slap him in the face?

It's early, you're not likely to suffer any actual kidney or organ damage yet, and the levels are not yet alarming believe it or not; but you should record these interactions with him for any future medical malpractice liability that might arise. Again, I could make the argument that androgens are protective here, and certainly not causal in elevated ferritin.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Beans12
NapsGear