over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Phil Heath going after 8 O titles

bbxtreme

Registered
Newbies
Saw Phil’s documentary trailer that’s coming out in spring of 2024. In it he says he’s “going for 8”.

After all the controversy around this years Olympia I thought it would be fun to throw it into the mix. Is it smart, will he follow through, etc.

I loved Phil in his prime, think he has a huge ego and personally wouldn’t risk a comeback at his age.

I do think this documentary is good for the sport as The Rock produced it.

Saw Phil’s documentary trailer that’s coming out in spring of 2024. In it he says he’s “going for 8”.

After all the controversy around this years Olympia I thought it would be fun to throw it into the mix. Is it smart, will he follow through, etc.

I loved Phil in his prime, think he has a huge ego and personally wouldn’t risk a comeback at his age.

Looking forward to watching it and following his comeback if he does do it.

Arguably the best BB ever (physique wise) but I don’t see even Phil pulling off a win but the hype behind doing something that would give him GOAT status doing the unthinkable should be brilliant for the sport assuming he looks good enough months out to make people say “maybe he can”

Looking forward to watching it and following his comeback if he does do it.

Arguably the best BB ever (physique wise) but I don’t see even Phil pulling off a win but the hype behind doing something that would give him GOAT status doing the unthinkable should be brilliant for the sport assuming he looks good enough months out to make people say “maybe he can”
Phil at 80% of his prime is better than Derek or Hadi.

Phil at 80% of his prime is better than Derek or Hadi.
Not saying I disagree with you cause you may well be right but until we see them side by side it’s a hard one to call

Comparison below choosing Dereks strongest pose as you said anout
Phil at 80% and obviously impossible to find a pic that represents that so just using dereks perhaps banker pose

IMG_8183.jpeg

He is not going for 8 any longer. He was going for 8, when he last competed in 2021 and this is when the documentary was filmed.

He is not going for 8 any longer. He was going for 8, when he last competed in 2021 and this is when the documentary was filmed.
That’s some long production times. Wonder if they ran out of money or something. I’ve seen the rumors around him coming out of retirement lately so figured it could go either way.

I personally think he should stay retired. It’s always best to go out on top.

That’s some long production times. Wonder if they ran out of money or something. I’ve seen the rumors around him coming out of retirement lately so figured it could go either way.

I did wonder with all the recent hints about Kai coming out of retirement as well if they would make a big thing of it “the last battle” or something cliche. Maybe neither of them would crack top 5 but just to see who places higher. Tbf they could probably both do masters

I think Covid most likely had something to do with it. It was filmed in 2020 not 21 as I initially wrote. So probably that contributed to the delays. My guess (and only my theory) is that since it wasn't the comback story they wanted, and he placed 3rd, it probably last momentum and priority in production. Who knows, maybe they had to reshoot something to give it a different spin.
I did wonder with all the recent hints about Kai coming out of retirement as well if they would make a big thing of it “the last battle” or something cliche. Maybe neither of them would crack top 5 but just to see who places higher. Tbf they could probably both do masters

Kai has been hinting that since forever. They will never comeback. I don't think Kai needs the money and agree that it would be difficult for either of them to crack top 5. They are not in their prime anymore and far from it.

As far as Masters, again doubtful. I think for Kai, who is probably bitter about not winning the real O, wouldn't want to win a "fake" Mr. O. And for both of them it's not worth the reputation risk. If either of them entered the Masters O and didn't win, it would ruin their image forever. That's all people would talk about, he was once great but couldn't even win the Masters 0.

This is why no real Legends entered this years Master O. Imagine someone like Kevin Levrone entering, and then getting beat by Phil Clahar? It would ruin Kevin .

I think Covid most likely had something to do with it. It was filmed in 2020 not 21 as I initially wrote. So probably that contributed to the delays. My guess (and only my theory) is that since it wasn't the comback story they wanted, and he placed 3rd, it probably last momentum and priority in production. Who knows, maybe they had to reshoot something to give it a different spin.

Kai has been hinting that since forever. They will never comeback. I don't think Kai needs the money and agree that it would be difficult for either of them to crack top 5. They are not in their prime anymore and far from it.

As far as Masters, again doubtful. I think for Kai, who is probably bitter about not winning the real O, wouldn't want to win a "fake" Mr. O. And for both of them it's not worth the reputation risk. If either of them entered the Masters O and didn't win, it would ruin their image forever. That's all people would talk about, he was once great but couldn't even win the Masters 0.

This is why no real Legends entered this years Master O. Imagine someone like Kevin Levrone entering, and then getting beat by Phil Clahar? It would ruin Kevin .
Big name former bodybuilders are not entering the masters O because it is chump change for them and not financially worth the wear and tear and stress they would have to put their body thru to gain as much muscle back as they can and then diet to extremely low bodyfat.

Have you guys seen the video of Psycho talking about coaching Rhoden the year he beat Phil in ‘18? Really a fascinating video.

Phil around 2011-14 yeah I'd agree. But about a decade later, can he even get to 80% of his 2013 self? I'd predict the answer is no.
If it wasn’t for mid section I actually think he could. But at this point with the hernias and distension I don’t see Phil ever making a strong comeback and I think he knows this. Phil was always a bit a narrow so he can’t afford a thick mid section and blown out stomach. Also the IFBB judges assess that area more strict now.

Phil around 2011-14 yeah I'd agree. But about a decade later, can he even get to 80% of his 2013 self? I'd predict the answer is no.
I dunno, that's a question I can't answer; however, Phil Heath is 43 and that's the same age as Shawn Rhoden when he won the Mr. Olympia.

I dunno, that's a question I can't answer; however, Phil Heath is 43 and that's the same age as Shawn Rhoden when he won the Mr. Olympia.
oh okay. Somehow I got confused and thought he was 48. I think he probably beat himself up quite a bit more than Shawn did and Shawn never really had the gut issue or a multi-year layoff. Never had a big gut/distension that required surgery either. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a Phil Heath comeback. But I think its only marginal more likely than a Kai comeback.

I would never count out Heath, ever.

I would be all for a comeback, if he decided to do it. As long as he doesn't wait too much longer like Levrone did. Phil is still young enough to do it, imo. Whether he wants to do this or not, I have no idea. Oh well...fun to reflect on it.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws