over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training with Jordon Peters

Right, hence why I can't agree with the above statement that it's not really that much volume lol sure seems like a lot to me

Everyone’s plan is very different in regards to volume

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lets step back for a second and consider the end game. What IMO JP is trying to do is to have AS MUCH volume DC @ Fortitude style as possible and still have the client recover enough to jump back into the same muscle group and train it again ASAP. This can be a three or four day window. His training days are PUSH/PULL/LEGS, but each of his designated days also have (SOME) exercises that over lap previous training days from different muscle groups. It's not until I did this many times that I realized a definite pattern to it. You have 3 completely different workouts for each of the three major muscle groups. So it's always fresh and because there each different they hit the muscle groups MUCH more efficiently and completely.

The volume is "Off the fucking chart" if you man up and apply yourself. I thank God I have a great training partner. (I) couldn't do this at even half the intensity with out him. It will be even harder for a guy with no stopper and partner. Thing is, if your training at the speed he wants this done at combined with the intensity it's not only full blown cardio, you will be shaking and need a spotter or convert many of the lifts to machines for safety.

I guess if you put all the sets for the week together, it's "high volume" I was considering each workout independently and in comparison to things I've done in the past. The leg workouts are a lot, no debate.

It's really cool to see how he works. If I decide to start a coaching project anytime soon I'd like it to be with either JP or Dusty.

Are you talking about his routine in the book he put out, or personalized training from him?

Personalized. I don’t know what the ebook looks like or says.

I'm just using one off his website got me to the heaviest I've ever been too,still not big though.. I should invest in a personalized one though.... Maybe I'll look into today.

This could also be what we were discussing about volumn. I'll be heading to the gym in an hour or so for leg day, 14 sets today. 6 of which are I guess what would be described as a cluster set. I'll be smoked about half way through.

Yesterday was back and chest 2 sets for chest and 4 for back-to me this is a lower volumn. I often add a set or two especially for chest because ilI feel.i need it.

Personalized. I don’t know what the ebook looks like or says.

OK yea I was referring to the book. Like OutToLunch said I've heard it's way overpriced and not very informative, along with spelling errors.

OK yea I was referring to the book. Like OutToLunch said I've heard it's way overpriced and not very informative, along with spelling errors.

Your serious with this shit? Maybe you should be over at recsports/speeling [email protected]

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.
You pay for an insight into the accumulation of years of knowledge. It’s difficult to price. If you can programme better than me, and get the results i do,
Knock one up and sell it ,
Undercut my price and clean up haha :)

It's really cool to see how he works. If I decide to start a coaching project anytime soon I'd like it to be with either JP or Dusty.

Im a huge Dusty fan. He has incredible insight from years of D.C. , would be a superb investment to hire him

Im a huge Dusty fan. He has incredible insight from years of D.C. , would be a superb investment to hire him

Awesome response man, don't think many coaches would say such stuff. Big fan of the both of you!

Awesome response man, don't think many coaches would say such stuff. Big fan of the both of you!

I have learnt a lot from watching him, reading Dante’s
Stuff , working directly with Dr Scott. All of them have taught me a crazy amount.

While we are on the topic of value for money ebooks, I just finished Dr Scott’s new book.
WOW , seriously . Anyone that steps foot in a gym, should invest
In the book

Funny to me that in this sport people spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on juice but then complain about a 60 book which you can get the ebook for 20$. I found it very informative and wasn’t looking for spelling errors. If I was buying a book about grammar maybe I would care [emoji57]

JP,

I am not very familiar with your training programs, but apparently they are getting great results. (I am curious, not trying to be insulting or demeaning at all)

I like the fact that you're trying to optimize things from a real science perspective, instead of a Bro-science perspective (unless I'm mistaken).

I am not well versed on much of the science. However, I have taken most of my own training cues from watching pro bodybuilders train. I used to watch many of their DVDs when they used to videotape their weeks of training, in the years before YouTube became popular.

I noticed many of their routines had alot of similarities:
A) Hitting one body-part a day (i.e., Chest), or sometimes 1 large body part + 1 small body-part (i.e., Chest + tris)
B) Using Lots of volume per session, and many sets from various angles
C) In the gym between 4 and 6 days a week, to accomplish all the body-parts
D) Hitting each body-part each 5-7 days.... once every 7 days being the norm.
E) Keeping the reps mostly 6-12 reps

So my questions kinda are...

1. What makes your training different from the years of accepted "bro-science" training above?
  2. Do you feel it incorporates techniques or knowledge that the pros of years past were overlooking?
  3. If someone gave you complete control of someone with super elite genetics (i.e., Big Ramy), do you feel your style of training would yield better results for them than whatever they are doing?

This is not an insult, just curious.

JP,

I am not very familiar with your training programs, but apparently they are getting great results. (I am curious, not trying to be insulting or demeaning at all)

I like the fact that you're trying to optimize things from a real science perspective, instead of a Bro-science perspective (unless I'm mistaken).

I am not well versed on much of the science. However, I have taken most of my own training cues from watching pro bodybuilders train. I used to watch many of their DVDs when they used to videotape their weeks of training, in the years before YouTube became popular.

I noticed many of their routines had alot of similarities:
A) Hitting one body-part a day (i.e., Chest), or sometimes 1 large body part + 1 small body-part (i.e., Chest + tris)
B) Using Lots of volume per session, and many sets from various angles
C) In the gym between 4 and 6 days a week, to accomplish all the body-parts
D) Hitting each body-part each 5-7 days.... once every 7 days being the norm.
E) Keeping the reps mostly 6-12 reps

So my questions kinda are...

1. What makes your training different from the years of accepted "bro-science" training above?
  2. Do you feel it incorporates techniques or knowledge that the pros of years past were overlooking?
  3. If someone gave you complete control of someone with super elite genetics (i.e., Big Ramy), do you feel your style of training would yield better results for them than whatever they are doing?

This is not an insult, just curious.

Hey bud,

So typically I don’t comment on how pros train or do things. They have built something incredible , so I don’t critique, I simply feel it’s not my place.

I like to focus on the guys that follow their routines but don’t look like them. Is there a genetic component that allows the pros to look how they do? .... obv combined with their work effort and consistency , the answer is yes .

So for the chaps that can’t get those results: I don’t have them train one bodypart a day , I have never written a client an arm day - ever , I favour upper / lower splits , full body or p/p/l splits.
I want them training body parts as frequently as poss , my legs were sub par training them once a week like pros and I trained them hard! They really changed when I cut volume back that allowed me to train them at 3 times a week frequency. I don’t marry myself to a rep range, I want my clients
Proficient at both 5 rep and 20 rep work.
Progressing your lifts across that wider rep range imo yields better results ,
Especially at high frequency as this allows you to undulate your rep ranges session to session, which is very effective.

Hopefully that gives an insight into my thoughts again :)

I have the ebook as well and will buy the next ebook (JP's PPL) when it comes out.

Is it expensive? Yes.
Do I care? Not really.

I've been a member at JPs site for the past 2years or so and the amount of FREE INFORMATION he's given out is ridiculous. $60 to support all the good shit him and Corinne do is fine with me. Honestly, I'll probably hire him and/or Corinne very soon anyways.

Same reason I was ok buying Dr. Scott's new book. Yes it's expensive for an ebook, but those dudes are a fucking fountain of knowledge and any video/interview you find....please listen.

JP,

I can respect the fact that you don't like to comment on specific pros. That's understandablle.

How about a generalized question though... why do you feel so many of the big-name pros seem to have followed a standard specific blueprint? (That is... training bodyparts once a week, high volume, having an "arm day", etc)

Is it just because that those were the bodybuilding norms of the day, and these guys are the genetic elites being pushed into such programs?

I actually have never heard of any modern pro bodybuilders using full-body, upper/lower, or Push/pull/leg splits. Maybe I am naieve, though.

Actually though, I do recall that Ronnie Coleman used to use a variant of what you were talking about.

On his own, before he was a well known pro, he was doing this split: Chest/Shoulder/Tri... Back/Bi... Legs... repeat. It was only after he got bigger and stronger and got Brian Dobson involved that Ronnie changed his split to: Chest/Tri... Back/Bi... Shoulder/Trap... Legs, repeat. I guess that he felt his shoulders needed their own day.

I am always curious about how to improve training programs.

I have been following a fairly typical split for about the last 3-4 years, and my gains seem to have stalled.

One problem I have with the standard "bodypart" splits, where you train each bodypart once a week, is that there is a limit to how much effort and time you can put into an individual session.

Jay Cutler was the king of this style of training. I was watching a video of him training back in 2005... he did 36 sets for his back. How much more can a human do in 1 workout?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Omoney2323
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131