advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Vitamin D deficiency really just Magnesium deficiency?

min 1 g.

up to 1g 4x ed.

For all the health benefits, what would you say would be a good dose? 1g pre-workout and 1 g pre-bed? Is there a reason why you would use it pre-workout over other times of the day?

I use Albion Chelated Magnesium Glycinate. Well tolerated, and works well.

Question to the OP. The standard dose of vit d3 has been 5000iu/daily if you live in the north and get no natural sun. Assuming adequate mg intake, what do you suggest for a daily dose of vit D3?

This is interesting to me since I have joint issues and thought I was doing the right thing w/ the 5000iu dosage.

I use Albion Chelated Magnesium Glycinate. Well tolerated, and works well.

Question to the OP. The standard dose of vit d3 has been 5000iu/daily if you live in the north and get no natural sun. Assuming adequate mg intake, what do you suggest for a daily dose of vit D3?

At this point, I am clueless. I take 10,000iu daily almost always...sometimes bump it down to 5,000iu in the Florida summer. I am trying to see if there is enough validation in this magnesium argument and if so, I may go get the 4 tests mentioned to figure things out.

I find it troubling that in the link provided at the top of the original post, that they say something to the effect of nothing over 25 (for Vitamin D levels) has ever been proven to be effective.

Edit: Here is what I am talking about..

Test Results.

1. Magnesium RBC - 6.5 mg/dl with 7 mg/dl being heaven.

2. 25(OH)D - nothing over 24 has any clinical beneifit

3. 1,25(OH)2 - should be no more the 1 to 1.5 times of 25(OH)D

4. “Ionized” Serum Calcium

This clearly states that nothing over 24 has any clinical benefit...whereas many people believe 60-80+ is optimal.

Last edited:
That 60-80 level is what my MD always said. I am at that level w/ the 5000iu that I take daily. I will be researching this. If I find anything I will bump thread.

That 60-80 level is what my MD always said. I am at that level w/ the 5000iu that I take daily. I will be researching this. If I find anything I will bump thread.

What brand are you using? Mine are in range but not that high. I am looking into jarrow and life extension.

For all the health benefits, what would you say would be a good dose? 1g pre-workout and 1 g pre-bed? Is there a reason why you would use it pre-workout over other times of the day?

yes, relaxation.

the mg relaxes smooth muscle and is sort of a relaxing kind of agent, but in a way that can improve performance.

I always take a g or so pre wo with my pc.

pre bed can help with sleep a bit, again promoting relaxation.

I am drooling reading all this info in this thread. I can't get enough wow wow wow. In a rush right now but I'm going to really dig deep into this stuff today . I have never heard of this before!! Siiiiiiick finding .

When I'm at work I'll keep reading, do some research, think about it, and then try to connect some dots before giving any kind of input . Tbh I don't feel like I know enough to say anything. I'm just going to be making speculations based on everything you posted and other Internet research. wish I knew more about this...

Btw, I don't have links to the studies but I learned about it in school. They gave people up to 50,000 (!!) Units of vitamin D for almost 1 year. Consequently, their vitamin D levels did go up alot...obviously. There were NO adverse sides and they believe their health actually improved. Just throwing it out there because you should he able to take more and more vitamin D to increase levels. But after reading what you wrote about how they produce it etc it questions whether that's the best way to do it. Gonna look at some lab stuff regarding Mg+ and vd levels too.

Where's the forum that has all the info?!

Last edited:
I am drooling reading all this info in this thread. I can't get enough wow wow wow. In a rush right now but I'm going to really dig deep into this stuff today . I have never heard of this before!! Siiiiiiick finding .

When I'm at work I'll keep reading, do some research, think about it, and then try to connect some dots before giving any kind of input . Tbh I don't feel like I know enough to say anything. I'm just going to be making speculations based on everything you posted and other Internet research. wish I knew more about this...
Awesome. You def popped into my mind because last week you told someone to increase magnesium and D will likely rise as well. Don't forget to go to the link in the first post and read that webpage-it is literally the backbone and skeleton of all I wrote..and has most of the info.

All the italicized stuff were facebook comments from group members, including the creator of the site I linked and other "practicing experts".

It's not a forum...it is a Facebook group called magnesium advocacy group I believe.

I just typed out a massive response that my computer promptly deleted :banghead:, i'll post some links for you guys to have a look at, magnesium is incredibly underrated.

Magnesium
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
Magnesium Articles, Dosages, Benefits, Uses and Warnings
**broken link removed**
Magnesium L-threonate prevents and restores memory deficits associa... - PubMed - NCBI

As mentioned earlier the best forms all end in "ate" if taken orally. I've personally witness 2 people use intravenous magnesium therapy to get off their bi-polar meds. I'm trying to find the info a found a few years back their was literally 500 pages on magnesium and mental health alone.

Charles Poliquin and ben pakulski have both mentioned going up to 2 grams a day, I've done this with the bis-glycinate form during a particularly stressful time in my life and noticed a pretty profound difference in my mood and energy.

I would suggest you all try a bath with magnesium chloride flakes, this is like Epson salts x10+, you can literally see the magnesium floating in the water, the spray is also an excellent option.

Thanks for sharing. I've been taking 300-450mg of magnesium aspartate at night along with 10,000 IU of D3 per day. Gonna drop down to 5,000mg until I get tests done.

I just typed out a massive response that my computer promptly deleted :banghead:, i'll post some links for you guys to have a look at, magnesium is incredibly underrated.

Magnesium
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
Magnesium Articles, Dosages, Benefits, Uses and Warnings
**broken link removed**
Magnesium L-threonate prevents and restores memory deficits associa... - PubMed - NCBI

As mentioned earlier the best forms all end in "ate" if taken orally. I've personally witness 2 people use intravenous magnesium therapy to get off their bi-polar meds. I'm trying to find the info a found a few years back their was literally 500 pages on magnesium and mental health alone.

Charles Poliquin and ben pakulski have both mentioned going up to 2 grams a day, I've done this with the bis-glycinate form during a particularly stressful time in my life and noticed a pretty profound difference in my mood and energy.

I would suggest you all try a bath with magnesium chloride flakes, this is like Epson salts x10+, you can literally see the magnesium floating in the water, the spray is also an excellent option.

Do you recall the kinds Bpak and Poliquin have suggested? And are they talking about using that much year round without issues or for short durations? I'd like to take as much magnesium as possible without it causing a cascade of other issues I have to keep up with or counteract.

Do you recall the kinds Bpak and Poliquin have suggested? And are they talking about using that much year round without issues or for short durations? I'd like to take as much magnesium as possible without it causing a cascade of other issues I have to keep up with or counteract.

I have read that chelated Mg is constantly in need and you cannot take too much. Even if you take large doses of oxide worst that can happen is diarrhea. If someone has better updated info. please share.

From what I've heard, oxide is the one to avoid, maleate may be best.

Crap I just looked. I have mag oxide. Not that I've taken it recently but want to start again.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

You guys settling on inferior forms need to look into aspartate, taurate, glycinate, bis-glycinate...and perhaps orotate for superior heart health.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
nohara5216
NapsGear