advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Vitamin D deficiency really just Magnesium deficiency?

You guys settling on inferior forms need to look into aspartate, taurate, glycinate, bis-glycinate...and perhaps orotate for superior heart health.

Do the forms like malate and glycinate assist your muscles and relaxation of digestive process like oxide and citrate do?

You guys settling on inferior forms need to look into aspartate, taurate, glycinate, bis-glycinate...and perhaps orotate for superior heart health.
Is this one I take no good then? It's a blend I guess if 3 different kinds totaling 400mg/cap. Of course they never say how much of each is in it so thinking it's full of the cheap oxide and just a dash of the other 2 forms? It's the Mag made by Lindburg Nutrition.
**broken link removed**

No idea but rule of thumb is to not trust a proprietary blend. Some of you guys just need to go into attack mode and research which Magnesium is absolutely your best bet and buy it and only it. That is what I have always done, I just intend to branch out and try the other great ones.

I have used Magensium Asparatate in TN's ZincMag sleep formula for a long time now. I will likely keep it and also use big-glycinate, glycinate, or taurate.

I am drooling reading all this info in this thread. I can't get enough wow wow wow. In a rush right now but I'm going to really dig deep into this stuff today . I have never heard of this before!! Siiiiiiick finding .

When I'm at work I'll keep reading, do some research, think about it, and then try to connect some dots before giving any kind of input . Tbh I don't feel like I know enough to say anything. I'm just going to be making speculations based on everything you posted and other Internet research. wish I knew more about this...

Btw, I don't have links to the studies but I learned about it in school. They gave people up to 50,000 (!!) Units of vitamin D for almost 1 year. Consequently, their vitamin D levels did go up alot...obviously. There were NO adverse sides and they believe their health actually improved. Just throwing it out there because you should he able to take more and more vitamin D to increase levels. But after reading what you wrote about how they produce it etc it questions whether that's the best way to do it. Gonna look at some lab stuff regarding Mg+ and vd levels too.

Where's the forum that has all the info?!

WHERE YOU AT?

This too good to be true? 1.25g per tablet of Mag Taurate? Only $10 for 120 tabs. Just 1 tab a day? **broken link removed**

This too good to be true? 1.25g per tablet of Mag Taurate? Only $10 for 120 tabs. Just 1 tab a day? **broken link removed**

Seems too good to be true. Check out this review:

The molecular weight of magnesium taurate is 290.60. The atomic weight of magnesium is 24.305. This means that magnesium taurate contains about 8.4% magnesium, so two tablets provide about 210 mg of magnesium. This is why the "product details" says, "Get half the Daily Value for magnesium in just two tablets!"

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

From my research it seems the vita cost one is a good one. You are getting around 8%+ of magnesium. I read a paper that says something like 2800mg or so gives you 250mg of magnesium.

Most magnesium taurate products are 125mg pill but does that mean it's only 10mg of mag? Or does the pill have 1400+mg and giving us 125mg of mag?
I'd play it safe and go with the vita cost brand as you know you are getting like 220mg per 2500mg cap.

Seems taurate is one of the best forms to take. Glycinate is another. So I'll buy both.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

WHERE YOU AT?

Bro i honestly still haven't had the mental willpower to research yesterday. I have just been reading everything you post here and keeping up. Had to wake up 4:45ish yesterday and got home around 10 or so. Today I'll be getting home way earlier and will have more energy to look into this don't worry I didn't forget bro hehe

Bro i honestly still haven't had the mental willpower to research yesterday. I have just been reading everything you post here and keeping up. Had to wake up 4:45ish yesterday and got home around 10 or so. Today I'll be getting home way earlier and will have more energy to look into this don't worry I didn't forget bro hehe

Ok...well I am spent...not sure how much more I will have to add to this-because now I have more questions than anything LOL. Ideally, I'd like to take as much Magnesium as possible for health and fitness performance without having to worry about it messing up anything else. Something tells me I can add to the 450mg Mag Aspartate before bed and be better off. I'm also chronically tired and sometimes even unmotivated and have read that could be a sign of magnesium deficiency. I'm certain I don't have adrenal fatigue.

Idk. I know alot about magnesium but nothing bout the link between these 2. Tbh I got a bunch of crazy books at home that Probably have info about this stuff too. By the way, do you know who Dr.Amen is by any chance?

Sit back bro your brains gonna explode from all the constant research of new info you're exploring on a consistent basis lolol. I'm def gonna spend time on this tonight and see what can be contributed that hasn't already been.

from what i understand vitamin k2 needs to be taken with vitamin D about 100mcg for every 1,000iu. K2 helps deposit calcium to the correct places. i take a calcium supplement about 600mg because i dont take in any dairy. magnesium also helps keep calcium in the cells. i like using glycinate but havent decided on a dose yet only been using 400mg.

oh and i also tested very low for vitamin D when i was taken magnesium. so i believe vitamin D supplementation is necessary for me but its gotta be taken correctly with k2 and magnesium.

Last edited:
from what i understand vitamin k2 needs to be taken with vitamin D about 100mcg for every 1,000iu. K2 helps deposit calcium to the correct places. i take a calcium supplement about 600mg because i dont take in any dairy. magnesium also helps keep calcium in the cells. i like using glycinate but havent decided on a dose yet only been using 400mg.

oh and i also tested very low for vitamin D when i was taken magnesium. so i believe vitamin D supplementation is necessary for me but its gotta be taken correctly with k2 and magnesium.

All correct except I shy away from taking calcium. I believe that unless you are checking up on your levels, blindly taking additional calcium is something that could very well end up working against you-from a health perspective.

All correct except I shy away from taking calcium. I believe that unless you are checking up on your levels, blindly taking additional calcium is something that could very well end up working against you-from a health perspective.

agreed no one should be taking a calcium supplement unless they know they need it. im going to be getting all these checked in a month or so.

**broken link removed**

Would it make sense to take 4 pills daily to get 420mg of actual magnesium?

Absolutely. I intend to use it too.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Do you recall the kinds Bpak and Poliquin have suggested? And are they talking about using that much year round without issues or for short durations? I'd like to take as much magnesium as possible without it causing a cascade of other issues I have to keep up with or counteract.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...XI7ZYlEYzcfcuZgXA&sig2=wRumZ2LWHcLV6hxQ0qZJkA

I just believe the upper ranges were given, testing would have to be involved to most accurate. I have gone up to 2grams and instinctively lowered it when 2grams started to feel like too much (lethargy), but when I was under a lot of stress I soaked those 2 grams right up. From what I remember seeing from Poliquin's biosignature practioners was magnesium dosing morning, post-workout and pre-bed. I personally find citrate energizing, i took 1gram before bed last night and it kept me up, glycinate was the most calming form i found.

No idea but rule of thumb is to not trust a proprietary blend. Some of you guys just need to go into attack mode and research which Magnesium is absolutely your best bet and buy it and only it. That is what I have always done, I just intend to branch out and try the other great ones.

I have used Magensium Asparatate in TN's ZincMag sleep formula for a long time now. I will likely keep it and also use big-glycinate, glycinate, or taurate.

I wouldn't push the doses with the Magnesium aspartate:

Integrated Supplements Blog

Brands to check out:

Webber magnesium citrate (get it at Costco, dirt cheap)
**broken link removed**
Magnesium Glycinate 133 mg - Albion® Chelated - Swanson Health Products
Swanson Premium Magnesium Malate (200 mg Elemental) 1,000 mg 60 Caps - Swanson Health Products
Swanson Ultra Magnesium Chloride Flakes 2.2 lb (35.27 oz) Flakes - Swanson Health Products
Swanson Ultra Albion Chelated TRS Magnesium 60 Tabs - Swanson Health Products
Swanson Ultra Albion Chelated Magnesium Glycinate 5.3 oz (150 grams) Pwdr - Swanson Health Products

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Ancient-Minerals-Magnesium-Oil-oz/dp/B001AD0HL8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1422399318&sr=8-2&keywords=magnesium+spray"]Amazon.com: Ancient Minerals Magnesium Oil 8 oz.: Health & Personal Care@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41W1M2PFo-L.@@AMEPARAM@@41W1M2PFo-L[/ame]

Last edited:

Yes, I have recently realized that about magnesium aspartate. While seemingly still a good form, too much of it may not be the smartest thing to do. However, TN uses it in their ZMA formula...and I really wish they were using Magnesium Glycinate!

Is Magnesium Glycinate so relaxing that you wouldn't use it in the morning or post workout? Im contemplating getting my Magnesium up, but keeping it just under 2g like you said.
If glycinate contributes to fatigue, I might ditch TN's formula for a nighttime formula that does have glycinate...and go with taurate at other times during the day.

Yes, I have recently realized that about magnesium aspartate. While seemingly still a good form, too much of it may not be the smartest thing to do. However, TN uses it in their ZMA formula...and I really wish they were using Magnesium Glycinate!

Is Magnesium Glycinate so relaxing that you wouldn't use it in the morning or post workout? Im contemplating getting my Magnesium up, but keeping it just under 2g like you said.
If glycinate contributes to fatigue, I might ditch TN's formula for a nighttime formula that does have glycinate...and go with taurate at other times during the day.

Oh it definetly does, glycine used sublingually can dramatically help anxiety to give you some idea. I find citrate more on the energizing side, same with the magnesium flakes. I'd love to try a magnesium iv sometime, the girl I spoke with said it felt like rocket fuel for 2 weeks she was just bombing around feeling fantastic lol.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
reachbusinessdirectdubai@
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131