advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What do you do with intra-workout carbs while cutting?

Damn, 25g fat per day on how many calories? How do you feel? I always heard 20 percent minimum of diet. I'm at 35-40g per day now and thought I was low.
Did my response fall in something? I was replying to the OP at that point. 25g carbs in intra.

guess I should have quoted it or something.

Did my response fall in something? I was replying to the OP at that point. 25g carbs in intra.

guess I should have quoted it or something.
Thought you meant fat intake was 25g

???? Your comment said “fats do very little good especially on gear” which is untrue. Again, like I already said, fats are essential to brain functions and hormone absorption
I mean, you are talking about going lower than 10g fat per day. That's nearly impossible if you are eating whole food.

I mean, you are talking about going lower than 10g fat per day. That's nearly impossible if you are eating whole food.
A lot of pros and high level amateurs go 0 fat and 0 carbs last few weeks of a prep. Egg whites and sea salt. That’s it. But with the level of gear they are on, that’s why they can maintain their muscle mass

A lot of pros and high level amateurs go 0 fat and 0 carbs last few weeks of a prep. Egg whites and sea salt. That’s it. But with the level of gear they are on, that’s why they can maintain their muscle mass

I haven’t heard of any pros or high level amateurs doing this kind of approach in years, as a matter of fact, when we did hear about it, it was always talking about guys who did it that way back in the 90’s..

I think for the better part of the last decade or longer it’s been the consensus to get as lean as possible with the most amount of food possible..

I know of guys getting stage ready on an amount of carbs that would make me fat…

I did 10g of fat for 4 weeks my last prep. With 4g of that 10g being fish oil caps.

Was not a good time lol
That's what I do towards the end of a diet - only fats are from fish oil.

I haven’t heard of any pros or high level amateurs doing this kind of approach in years, as a matter of fact, when we did hear about it, it was always talking about guys who did it that way back in the 90’s..

I think for the better part of the last decade or longer it’s been the consensus to get as lean as possible with the most amount of food possible..

I know of guys getting stage ready on an amount of carbs that would make me fat…
You're misinformed.

Guys today love to say how high their calories and carbs are while dieting, but when it comes down to the last few weeks many are going low to 0 carbs and fats to get the last bit of fat off. If you believe the amounts of food guys claim their eating when dieting then I have some oceanfront real estate in Nebraska you'll love.

Yeah guys don't realize even the lowest fat of protein sources like egg whites still aren't zero fat. For example, one egg white is listed as having 0.1g of fat. Let's say for sake of conservatism this is more than double the actual fat content. So twenty egg whites, or roughly 70g of protein from egg whites, contains 1g of fat. So even if a guy is doing egg whites only, no other food whatsoever, and is consuming a mere 300g of protein (which would be very low for this kind of diet), they would still be getting 4.2g of fat (actually more like 8.4g, remember for the sake of discussion we cut it in half). Now in the real world most guys are dieting on chicken breast, rice, potatoes, lots of veggies, tilapia, 93% lean meat, egg whites, wheat bread, etc. Your automatically gonna be consuming 20-30g of fat with these foods, even though your going "low fat/no fat" diet. That's why I say fats have very little use. You are already getting enough from your protein and carbs.

Screenshot_20230706-172141.png

Remember the original question...

Current stats/macros:
Wt 221, bf 12-13%, Pro 335-345g, Carbs 250-300g, Fat 75-90g, total cals 3200-3500
(the amounts change based on how hard the training day is)

Does anyone have any advice on what to do with intra-workout carbs during a cut?

Our guy here is eating 75-90g of fat per day and wants to cut carbs. It would be more beneficial imo for him to first cut the fats down to 20-30g. That alone would save him over 500 calories. He could even drop down to 45g for a couple weeks and then drop down to 20g for the next couple weeks. Only then would I suggest dropping some of the carbs.

You're misinformed.

Guys today love to say how high their calories and carbs are while dieting, but when it comes down to the last few weeks many are going low to 0 carbs and fats to get the last bit of fat off. If you believe the amounts of food guys claim their eating when dieting then I have some oceanfront real estate in Nebraska you'll love.

I can believe that, after all, these are the same people that say they only do 400mg of Test with a little bit of Var and winny the last 4 weeks of prep and 1iu GH before bed 🤣🤷🏻‍♂️

I just don’t know why people would lie about their diet, but then again, it makes sense…

I remember in one of your transformations a couple years ago when you got ridiculously shredded you talked about going as low as like 1200 calories if I remember correctly??

But you did say this last time around you got super lean on a good amount of food and minimal cardio??

What did your food look like this time around?

Feel free to link the post if you already talked about it in detail..

Not sure who exactly you follow then because plenty of guys do that approach… or a tilapia and asparagus diet or something. I’d love to know the pros you follow who eat enough carbs and are stage ready that would make you fat..

Not sure who exactly you follow then because plenty of guys do that approach… or a tilapia and asparagus diet or something. I’d love to know the pros you follow who eat enough carbs and are stage ready that would make you fat..

Well for starters I’m not a bodybuilder or a huge guy, so that’s not necessarily impressive food wise to large bodybuilders (the amount that would get me fat)

But I can tell you @luki7788 on here who walks around @ about 290lbs and sub 10%, I’d even say closer to 7-8% year round (he has many pics on here for reference) talks about eating 1000g carbs on a normal day, and I believe he’s talked about 600ish grams carbs when getting really really peeled, striated glutes type of shit..

He also has posted many of his clients which quite a few are very impressive amateurs and pros and I have never once heard him talk about any of them going down to 0 carbs and 0 fats for weeks before a show… Ever…

Now as @danieltx said above, I’m sure theres guys who might have to do that.. And as I agreed with him, im sure there’s guys who might even lie about their food intake getting that lean, as bodybuilders are known to lie about damn near everything lol

But that it’s super common and all these SHW’s in the top amateurs and pros are going 0/0 FOR WEEKS?? Nah bro…

Well for starters I’m not a bodybuilder or a huge guy, so that’s not necessarily impressive food wise to large bodybuilders (the amount that would get me fat)

But I can tell you @luki7788 on here who walks around @ about 290lbs and sub 10%, I’d even say closer to 7-8% year round (he has many pics on here for reference) talks about eating 1000g carbs on a normal day, and I believe he’s talked about 600ish grams carbs when getting really really peeled, striated glutes type of shit..

He also has posted many of his clients which quite a few are very impressive amateurs and pros and I have never once heard him talk about any of them going down to 0 carbs and 0 fats for weeks before a show… Ever…

Now as @danieltx said above, I’m sure theres guys who might have to do that.. And as I agreed with him, im sure there’s guys who might even lie about their food intake getting that lean, as bodybuilders are known to lie about damn near everything lol

But that it’s super common and all these SHW’s in the top amateurs and pros are going 0/0 FOR WEEKS?? Nah bro…
Roman Fritz eats 1000g carbs all the time in preparation for this season and his extremely peeled

if you eat very high carbs and very low fat it's hard to get any fat

Yep. Like not everything that was done in the 1990s was optimal... being as hardcore and suffering as much as possible doing protein and veg only can absolutely be counterproductive. Maybe the fish+greens only for the final 4 weeks diet was common in the 1990s, but that doesn't mean it was right.

Roman Fritz eats 1000g carbs all the time in preparation for this season and his extremely peeled

if you eat very high carbs and very low fat it's hard to get any fat
But yet Dave Palumbo as an armature got inside out peeled on a ketogenic diet, there are many ways to skin a cat.

John Meadows for the Arnold ate just tuna and mustard at the end of his prep.

But yet Dave Palumbo as an armature got inside out peeled on a ketogenic diet, there are many ways to skin a cat.

but I'm not saying that you can't do without carbohydrates, but here many people demonize carbohydrates and see them as evil

but I'm not saying that you can't do without carbohydrates, but here many people demonize carbohydrates and see them as evil
I agree 👍🏿

John was prepping me once during one of his “egg white and sugar-free ketchup” finishes and the fact that he could still train the way he did while subsisti on starvation-level calories just blew me away!

But to your point, many roads to the same location.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131