advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What is, in your opinion, the best "supplement" in history?

NONE

I spend thousands of dollars on those "supplements"...
After all those years I came to the conclusion
that all you need is hard work pharma grade steriods and a lot of quality food

I agree with whey and creatine mono as the most effective supplements. Now if the question was what has made the biggest impact to the supplement industry making it a multi billion dollar industry, I would say pre workout drinks. They may not do much other than something you can feel but that's why so many will buy those products above all else. Look at how much retail space it given to those products.

Preworkouts certainly have brought about a ton of revenue, and over the past few years have probably seen the biggest growth in terms of products, but, even more, I would say weight loss or caffeine supplements have had more of an impact because these gave way to the preworkout segment.

If you just say, caffeine, then you have a supplement that has truly revolutionized the industry. Hell, they are even putting caffeine in protein powders and calling the protein energy drinks.

At least in the US, there is this "energy craze" and everyone wants more energy (great culture we live in, one of the most overworked nations that looks to supplements for energy, versus time off to recharge your batteries and come back more productive - think European societies), giving way to tons of supplements that are for the casual gym goer to the hardcore athlete...

protein and creatine ,maybe pre workout supps, but other then health supps fishoil etc, everything else is garbage, waste of money

whey protein powder for sure

Whey protein. From powders, to ready to drink, to protein bars. This protein revolutionized the industry. It bends well, has an amazing amino acid profile and the taste bland enough to work with many applications.

excuse my ignorance but I have never heard of that stuff. Is it something I can get at a local health food shop or does it have to be ordered?

Curcumin, hands down.

Not just for bodybuilding, but for health and well being that benefits you in all aspects of life.
I have been off of the good stuff for a long time and I am really noticing its absence.

The near elimination of soreness, increased recovery, reduced joint pain, and reduction in bodyfat have always had me feeling that this supplement has drug like effects for athletes and BB'ers. Add in all the health benefits including cancer prevention (and in some case treatment for existing cancers) and this is a must have supplement for everyone. There are numerous studies supporting its effectiveness, and I have seen it work its magic in real life on myself and others, even the cancer fighting properties.

I give this stuff out as gifts to friends and families because I am such a believer.

speaking of the energy stuff. I remember the original TurboTea. It was jammed up with I think caffeine and ephedrine mixed with a not-too-terrible iced tea. I loved that stuff. I wish like hell they could bring it back.

that and the old dimetadrine25 (sp?) tablets. One of those, a turbotea, and some old school Slayer/Metallica and it was a great workout.

Orchic extract. canaxithin was truely a wonder supp as well.....
The best thing I've found to date for anabolism is adding in another couple pounds of very lean beef. The first two of course were jokes for the old folks.
THx , T...

Orchic extract. canaxithin was truely a wonder supp as well.....
The best thing I've found to date for anabolism is adding in another couple pounds of very lean beef. The first two of course were jokes for the old folks.
THx , T...

Hey tanning in a pill via staining yourself with a carotenoid seemed like a silly idea but now we have a pep that actually does it!

I read somewhere that there was very small amounts of 19-norandrostenedione naturally present in bull testicles(mega orchic). I also knew a guy who took 30-40tabs of it a day and swore by it. I would think it the 19-norandro was there you would need so much it would make you sick but who knows.

Best Supps Ever?

Superdrol, M1T, 1AD and lipokinetix.................oh wait lol.

The only supplement that I was actually impressed with was controlled labs glycergrow. Cheap as hell and the pumps from that stuff were great. Have to be very careful to make sure you're properly hydrated on it though.

excuse my ignorance but I have never heard of that stuff. Is it something I can get at a local health food shop or does it have to be ordered?

Run a search for curcumin on this forum. There is an overwhelming amount of information on it here.

Preworkouts certainly have brought about a ton of revenue, and over the past few years have probably seen the biggest growth in terms of products, but, even more, I would say weight loss or caffeine supplements have had more of an impact because these gave way to the preworkout segment.

If you just say, caffeine, then you have a supplement that has truly revolutionized the industry. Hell, they are even putting caffeine in protein powders and calling the protein energy drinks.

At least in the US, there is this "energy craze" and everyone wants more energy (great culture we live in, one of the most overworked nations that looks to supplements for energy, versus time off to recharge your batteries and come back more productive - think European societies), giving way to tons of supplements that are for the casual gym goer to the hardcore athlete...

My exercise science and sports nutrition professor was very clear on the whole "energy" craze. People confuse energy, which is ATP, with alertness which is what stims provide. It was a pet peeve of his, don't call it energy as a calorie free energy drink is a misnomer as no calories = no CHO/Pro/Fat = no energy.

I do have to laugh at myself and how important I used to think those pre's were. Then one day it occurred to me that people trained for decades, heck centuries with out EPH and DMAA pre workout lol.

Last edited:
My exercise science and sports nutrition professor was very clear on the whole "energy" craze. People confuse energy, which is ATP, with alertness which is what stims provide. It was a pet peeve of his, don't call it energy as a calorie free energy drink is a misnomer as no calories = no CHO/Pro/Fat = no energy.

"Stimulant craze"

I know it occurred to me as I wrote it. Should have put fad/obsession/trend/epidemic.....

The thing is, it all plays into the culture. Work people 70-80 hours per week and they are drained. They look for pick me ups, they don't look for nutrient rich foods to actually nourish their nutritional needs, they look for quick fixes, instant gratification of a "buzz" versus feeling energized from foods and living a healthy lifestyle...

Absolutely. I used to do the same but as I have gotten a bit older, still young but older than I used to be lol, I might get a boost with a good stim but the next day I find myself in an even deeper hole. Because of this I reserve them for situations when I am about to actually fall asleep at work or while driving which is not too often since I got my cpap.

Do you use the oral LEF curcumin or the injectable from VR Supplies on this board?
I use both the capsules and the injectable. Mainly the injectable.
I have a chemist friend that makes the inject for me, I also get caps from him when he does a batch. If he's out, I just go with Vitamin Shoppe brand caps.

You can get the caps at any health food store. Oral bioavailability is very poor compared to the injectable, but it is still a great supplement. The injectable was a game changer for me. I cannot supply it, but nothuman mentioned a sponsor here carrying it. Check out the quote above.

SportPharma Vanadyl pH, along with the original Met-Rx Base and Plus, far superior than Creatine and Whey Isolates.

Superdrol I swear to god I put on 8lbs over night once
ANABOLIC XTREME

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
reachbusinessdirectdubai@
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner