advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What is, in your opinion, the best "supplement" in history?

What is, in your opinion, the best "supplement" in history?

I use both the capsules and the injectable. Mainly the injectable.

I have a chemist friend that makes the inject for me, I also get caps from him when he does a batch. If he's out, I just go with Vitamin Shoppe brand caps.

You can get the caps at any health food store. Oral bioavailability is very poor compared to the injectable, but it is still a great supplement. The injectable was a game changer for me. I cannot supply it, but nothuman mentioned a sponsor here carrying it. Check out the quote above.

BCM-95 curcumin is 7x more bioavailable than regular curcumin

Last edited:
Glycerol. I still use it. Amazing pumps and seems to really help with endurance.

First time I used creatine I put on 13lbs of scale weight in 9 days. So yeah creatine all the way.

Now if we are talking the best supplements but you don't actually see the difference in the gym or the scale then Curcumin bcm95. But pure results on scale and in gym you can't beat creatine.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
My exercise science and sports nutrition professor was very clear on the whole "energy" craze. People confuse energy, which is ATP, with alertness which is what stims provide. It was a pet peeve of his, don't call it energy as a calorie free energy drink is a misnomer as no calories = no CHO/Pro/Fat = no energy.

I do have to laugh at myself and how important I used to think those pre's were. Then one day it occurred to me that people trained for decades, heck centuries with out EPH and DMAA pre workout lol.

I must confess. I stopped my awesome pre workout concoction for a week prior to my surgery the other day.

For 1 week I only took some b12 under my tongue prior to working out and had the same damn pumps in the gym as I would with all that overpriced crap we all put into our pre workouts drinks.

First time I used creatine I put on 13lbs of scale weight in 9 days. So yeah creatine all the way.

Now if we are talking the best supplements but you don't actually see the difference in the gym or the scale then Curcumin bcm95. But pure results on scale and in gym you can't beat creatine.

agreed
started in the 1990's
high quality whey protein and creatine -
ion Exchange and cold filtered whey was the original powo protein not that concentrate stuff.
Creatine same for me 8-10 pounds, 50 plus pounds plus more reps on the basics.
Vanadyl PH was another great feel good supplement.
Original creatine was like sand LOL
I ended up over the years adding it to ground chicken and lean beef during contest times it really helped with keeping the pounds on, muscles full and catabolism at bay.

Protein powder (whey isolate and beef isolate).

Absolutely agree...the hardest part of getting someone else to take creatine monohydrate is that they don't understand the concept that it works under.

Young guys= "oh it holds water, it makes me smoother, I look fat"
Look at the guys on this thread="I don't feel it".....I could take any supplement known to man and add Niacin, and caffeine to it and you would then rave about it....I could add niacin and caffeine to Vitamin C...does that now make vitamin C the best supplement ever made?

If someone chooses to study...there is literature out there that creatine
a) cures sarcopenia
b) can help osteoporosis
c) can help mental fatigue and brain activity
d) has positive cardiovascular effects toward stiffening arteries
e) inhibits myostatin
f) has been shown to increase lifespan

That's on top of all the other myriad of benefits which again young guys don't grasp= increased strength output+increased water=increased leverage+increased training loads which in the long run = greater and greater muscle mass.

It is basically the most anabolic substance you can take that isn't a pharmaceutical.

Im a big believer in the following:

Creatine Monohydrate obviously

Good whey protein (grass fed or enough concentrate will work for anyone but im lactose intolerant to an extent so I have to take an isolate)...but people confuse that sometimes...if you take enough grass fed or concentrate protein even though its a few ticks down in protein percentage than an isolate...youll be doing the same thing anyway...the equation is whether your lactose intolerant or not.

The whey supplement gets used pre and post workout only because of its rapid assimilation and the rest of the day a longer digesting protein is used...(again I cannot use micellar casein much because I have some lactose issues) so instead of something like a blend of micellar and egg white, I use pea protein isolate and egg white 50 50 and use that for the rest of the day and pre bed.

{Just to warn you guys, egg white protein is going to hit the freaking roof on price...they just had to put to death - I believe 4 million hens - because of Avian Flu - virtually everyone has been put on hiatus with egg white powder and can only buy a tiny allotment if any - the price is going to skyrocket over the next 6 months to a year... this happened 1.5-2 years ago and the price went up 15 dollars per pound....this time could be worse. This could not happen at a worse time for me personally because I have a product that is in every major health grocery food chain (Whole Foods, Sprouts etc etc etc) that's exploding and egg white is a large part of its makeup...so we are scrambling....I digress}

Im a huge believer in BCAA's/EAA's personally....and feel that it has allowed me to do baby dosages of TRT over the years but still stay 260 at low teens bodyfat.

If you want crazy veins and I mean crazy veins while you workout I would recommend this - which I make myself as my pre-intra workout drink

powder
BCAA's or EAA's with extra leucine
3 grams citrulline malate
600mg agamatine sulfate
3 grams hydromax powder
3 grams creatine monohydrate
3 grams of taurine <---there has been some literature of late that a whopping dose of taurine is increasing testosterone levels and remodels/repairs the leydig cells...very crucial to a lot of guys in here who might have messed up their HPTA

I mix with 100% pomegranate juice (8 ounces) and the rest 100% apple juice and water. 1 liter and I pound that down within the first 10 mins im at the gym---for the rest of your workout and pretty much the rest of the day your veins (especially in your forearms) will be freaky as hell

Last edited:
For me its two things......whey protein and kratom....i dont say that bc i sell it...i say that bc i use it and have been for years......i drink shakes all day and take k thruout the day....shakes give me my nutition, and kratom helps give me energy, curb my appetite, and stay virtually stress free....oh and also sleep well...............I think stress can kill you,,,,,,and kratom brings down the stress levels ....thats why its been a lifesaver for me.

Agree with DC. But it's so hard to choose just one supplement. Creatine is still king for size, strength endurance etc which is what we all want

On the other hand whey protein has allowed me to reach a level of physique development that I would not have been able to reach without it. I'm an endomorph so to eat all that protein from solid foods isn't going to happen. My whey protein is the only supplement I look forward too every time I'm due for another. I love it

I just made a sludge out of this today. Tastes fucking amazing. Oh and there is some PB cup CFM whey in there as well from True Protein. :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1431276043677.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1431276043677.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 398
I have to go with whey protein, it has helped me get extra nutrition when the work schedule gets busy.

Absolutely agree...the hardest part of getting someone else to take creatine monohydrate is that they don't understand the concept that it works under.

Young guys= "oh it holds water, it makes me smoother, I look fat"
Look at the guys on this thread="I don't feel it".....I could take any supplement known to man and add Niacin, and caffeine to it and you would then rave about it....I could add niacin and caffeine to Vitamin C...does that now make vitamin C the best supplement ever made?

If someone chooses to study...there is literature out there that creatine
a) cures sarcopenia
b) can help osteoporosis
c) can help mental fatigue and brain activity
d) has positive cardiovascular effects toward stiffening arteries
e) inhibits myostatin
f) has been shown to increase lifespan

That's on top of all the other myriad of benefits which again young guys don't grasp= increased strength output+increased water=increased leverage+increased training loads which in the long run = greater and greater muscle mass.

It is basically the most anabolic substance you can take that isn't a pharmaceutical.

Im a big believer in the following:

Creatine Monohydrate obviously

Good whey protein (grass fed or enough concentrate will work for anyone but im lactose intolerant to an extent so I have to take an isolate)...but people confuse that sometimes...if you take enough grass fed or concentrate protein even though its a few ticks down in protein percentage than an isolate...youll be doing the same thing anyway...the equation is whether your lactose intolerant or not.

The whey supplement gets used pre and post workout only because of its rapid assimilation and the rest of the day a longer digesting protein is used...(again I cannot use micellar casein much because I have some lactose issues) so instead of something like a blend of micellar and egg white, I use pea protein isolate and egg white 50 50 and use that for the rest of the day and pre bed.

{Just to warn you guys, egg white protein is going to hit the freaking roof on price...they just had to put to death - I believe 4 million hens - because of Avian Flu - virtually everyone has been put on hiatus with egg white powder and can only buy a tiny allotment if any - the price is going to skyrocket over the next 6 months to a year... this happened 1.5-2 years ago and the price went up 15 dollars per pound....this time could be worse. This could not happen at a worse time for me personally because I have a product that is in every major health grocery food chain (Whole Foods, Sprouts etc etc etc) that's exploding and egg white is a large part of its makeup...so we are scrambling....I digress}

Im a huge believer in BCAA's/EAA's personally....and feel that it has allowed me to do baby dosages of TRT over the years but still stay 260 at low teens bodyfat.

If you want crazy veins and I mean crazy veins while you workout I would recommend this - which I make myself as my pre-intra workout drink

powder
BCAA's or EAA's with extra leucine
3 grams citrulline malate
600mg agamatine sulfate
3 grams hydromax powder
3 grams creatine monohydrate
3 grams of taurine <---there has been some literature of late that a whopping dose of taurine is increasing testosterone levels and remodels/repairs the leydig cells...very crucial to a lot of guys in here who might have messed up their HPTA

I mix with 100% pomegranate juice (8 ounces) and the rest 100% apple juice and water. 1 liter and I pound that down within the first 10 mins im at the gym---for the rest of your workout and pretty much the rest of the day your veins (especially in your forearms) will be freaky as hell

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Dante.

How many g of BCAA's, EAA's and leucine do you take in that mix?

Do you only take 3g of creatine a day (intra workout)?

Thank you again

Whey Protein Isolate.

Creatine would be second.

I don't think we can compare the two. Protein powders obviously make it much easier for a bodybuilder to meet his protein needs, but I tend to view protein powders more as "food", while stuff like creatine as a supplement. In terms of food-based supps, protein powders would be at the top of the list. In terms of non-food based supps, creatine is #1.

I don't think we can compare the two. Protein powders obviously make it much easier for a bodybuilder to meet his protein needs, but I tend to view protein powders more as "food", while stuff like creatine as a supplement. In terms of food-based supps, protein powders would be at the top of the list. In terms of non-food based supps, creatine is #1.
Exactly what I think as well..which is why I said creatine at the onset of the thread.

Curcumin, hands down.

Not just for bodybuilding, but for health and well being that benefits you in all aspects of life.
I have been off of the good stuff for a long time and I am really noticing its absence.

The near elimination of soreness, increased recovery, reduced joint pain, and reduction in bodyfat have always had me feeling that this supplement has drug like effects for athletes and BB'ers. Add in all the health benefits including cancer prevention (and in some case treatment for existing cancers) and this is a must have supplement for everyone. There are numerous studies supporting its effectiveness, and I have seen it work its magic in real life on myself and others, even the cancer fighting properties.

I give this stuff out as gifts to friends and families because I am such a believer.

I guess I am not taking enough or older age and wear and tear are taking their toll - as I take the super bio curcumin 400 mg 2 x a day and haven't noticed anything. The reason I mention age is that I don't seem to get the effects I used to off of Bromelain either .

I guess I am not taking enough or older age and wear and tear are taking their toll - as I take the super bio curcumin 400 mg 2 x a day and haven't noticed anything. The reason I mention age is that I don't seem to get the effects I used to off of Bromelain either .

Been researching healing supplements for months for my surgery I just had Friday and Bromelain does 2 things. Helps with healing if taken on an empty stomach before food. When you take it WITH food it just helps with digestion. When are you taking it? Seems it was working for you so curious how you took it and if you changed how you take it now.

I haven't "noticed" anything from it either. I just take it because I'm banking on the fact it is good for the heart.

I haven't "noticed" anything from it either. I just take it because I'm banking on the fact it is good for the heart.

That's why I started it too....from Dante's writings on the positive heart effects.

Been researching healing supplements for months for my surgery I just had Friday and Bromelain does 2 things. Helps with healing if taken on an empty stomach before food. When you take it WITH food it just helps with digestion. When are you taking it? Seems it was working for you so curious how you took it and if you changed how you take it now.

ya I have been taking it off and on for 11 years - it does have some really great actions as a supplement. Especially as a clot /fibrogen reducer.
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...bromelain-bodybuilding-wonder-supplement.html

I think it is my joints are just too far gone.

I used it in the past for severe inflammation, and it worked well.
I can't take over 2500 GDUS or I get rapid heart beat.

I will try taking it on empty stomach as now I am taking it with all my other supps after I eat.

I have a product that is in every major health grocery food chain (Whole Foods, Sprouts etc etc etc) that's exploding and egg white is a large part of its makeup...so we are scrambling.

Awesome choice of words! LOL

ya I have been taking it off and on for 11 years - it does have some really great actions as a supplement. Especially as a clot /fibrogen reducer.
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...bromelain-bodybuilding-wonder-supplement.html

I think it is my joints are just too far gone.

I used it in the past for severe inflammation, and it worked well.
I can't take over 2500 GDUS or I get rapid heart beat.

I will try taking it on empty stomach as now I am taking it with all my other supps after I eat.

Interesting about the heart beat. I am getting that now and can't figure out why. I have not taken any stims or pre-workout for over a week so that's not the culprit. Maybe it's the Bromelain. Im taking over 5,000 GDU a day. Doesn't keep me awake but I notice it. Good to know.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
nohara5216