mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What is, in your opinion, the best "supplement" in history?

It's interesting that a large amount of vets say "creatine" and all the rage with shakes centered around "intra" these days which is not really that new either started back in the late 1990's I think on the net.

Justin Harris once said back in the day that if people put half as much effort and thought into their diets vs the amount the put into their "work out shakes" there'd be a whole lot of big boys out there.

I see everyone walking round the gym with a shaker bottle these days and not even breaking a sweat. People need to re introduce themselves with creatine cycling back and start making some good gains along with all those fancy starchy and amino drinks.

My best gains from an otc supplement was 5gms of Phosphagen 6 times a day with Welch's grape juice and tons of water. 13lbs in 9 days. Man I got so big so fast that everyone thought I was juicing.

Then when I added V2G (EAS' vandayl sulfate product) holy crap it really worked well.

20yrs later did it again and gained 6lbs with just mixed in water.

I have not used creatine in a few months cause it tends to bloat me but I don't load anymore just work out days. I did enjoy Kerakalyn no bloat and good strength in the gym.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
ya I have been taking it off and on for 11 years - it does have some really great actions as a supplement. Especially as a clot /fibrogen reducer.
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...bromelain-bodybuilding-wonder-supplement.html

Great read, btw little related but off topic but Bromelain is part of my pre/post surgery protocol (I read your surgery post in 2005 as well).

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...upplements-take-speed-up-healing-surgery.html

Bromelain is in like the top 3 supps to take for surgery healing. I am 48 hrs post op gyno/smart-lipo surgery and the swelling is next to nothing, no bruising either, my doc is going to be beyond impressed when I see him Tuesday. Of course I am taking other stuff part of my healing stack and I did take Bromelain and some other things 1-2 weeks prior to surgery, some against my better judgement (cause of possible bleeding issues) but turns out I made the right decision. I hardly bled and healing up extremely well.

My best gains from an otc supplement was 5gms of Phosphagen 6 times a day with Welch's grape juice and tons of water. 13lbs in 9 days. Man I got so big so fast that everyone thought I was juicing.

Then when I added V2G (EAS' vandayl sulfate product) holy crap it really worked well.

20yrs later did it again and gained 6lbs with just mixed in water.

I have not used creatine in a few months cause it tends to bloat me but I don't load anymore just work out days. I did enjoy Kerakalyn no bloat and good strength in the gym.

Reading this thread really got me thinking about the past and how good the gains were on good ol mono.
I have 5 grams already in my powdered muscle, but I am going to do a few weeks of loading and see where it goes. I am up on all my bloodwork so I am good to go. I may add it to my chicken as well like I did back in the day when I cut out red meat.

Reading this thread really got me thinking about the past and how good the gains were on good ol mono.
I have 5 grams already in my powdered muscle, but I am going to do a few weeks of loading and see where it goes. I am up on all my bloodwork so I am good to go. I may add it to my chicken as well like I did back in the day when I cut out red meat.

They key is tons of water for those 5 to 7 days of loading 30 grams spread out. That's the key and I guess so is the insulin spike. Lots of volume in the gym too.

Which reminds me nothing ever tasted as good as Phosphagen HP.

Whey protein

i used creatine 10-15 years ago but it didnt do much for me.
then again i use caffeine thruout the day and remember "they" said caffeine negates the benefits of creatine due to dehydration.
now, if guys here have knowledge to the contrary i'd love to hear it.
all this creatine talk has got me wanting to try it again.

i used creatine 10-15 years ago but it didnt do much for me.
then again i use caffeine thruout the day and remember "they" said caffeine negates the benefits of creatine due to dehydration.
now, if guys here have knowledge to the contrary i'd love to hear it.
all this creatine talk has got me wanting to try it again.

Caffeine is a diuretic. Not something you want to take while trying to maximize creatine's effects.

They key is tons of water for those 5 to 7 days of loading 30 grams spread out. That's the key and I guess so is the insulin spike. Lots of volume in the gym too.

Which reminds me nothing ever tasted as good as Phosphagen HP.

Fruit Punch Phosphagen was like a gift from the Gods to me back then. I have a really weird stomach so almost any other creatine would give me really bad diarrhea. Plus I hated the tastes of them. Then phosphagen came around. I had to battle myself to NOT drink it 12 times a day.

Only problem I ever had when using any form (including phosphagen) was serious cramping when I slept. I would get these nasty calf cramps and charlie horses in the middle of the night when I was sound asleep. I woke up one night screaming in agony and flew off the side of the bed with a double calf cramp. I hit the ground so fell backwards against the bed which fell off its riser stands and flipped my wife off the bed onto the ground. Admittedly it was pretty funny but f'n painful as hell at the time.

Caffeine is a diuretic. Not something you want to take while trying to maximize creatine's effects.

yeah. i used to use 5g in a glass of grape juice and some ala, i remember i read the sugar and ala helped as a carrier to get the creatine in the ol' muscle fibers better.
i just read an article after i posted here that at least one study showing caffeine hindering the effects was flawed. idk, i may just cut way down on caffeine and give it another try.

HANDS DOWN......

Vanadyl PH by Sportpharma. Probably around 1992 I am guessing. I swear the stuff was spiked......

Whey Protein followed by Creatine.

I would get these nasty calf cramps and charlie horses in the middle of the night when I was sound asleep. I woke up one night screaming in agony and flew off the side of the bed with a double calf cramp. I hit the ground so fell backwards against the bed which fell off its riser stands and flipped my wife off the bed onto the ground. Admittedly it was pretty funny but f'n painful as hell at the time.

Nothing compares when BOTH quad and hammy cramp simultaneously in the middle of the night. It is so agonising, you literally wish you could cut your leg off.

Nothing compares when BOTH quad and hammy cramp simultaneously in the middle of the night. It is so agonising, you literally wish you could cut your leg off.

Been there once. F'ing horrible.

I'm convinced Pinhead causes them.

" Save your tears. I'll reap your sorrow slowly. I have centuries to discover the things that make you whimper. "

Attachments

• Pinhead.jpg
    Pinhead.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 203

That must be hell, as you can't stretch either one without making the other curl up into a ball of absolute agony.

I have experienced horrible cramps like this with my spinal erectors after I broke my back 5 weeks ago. It just got one yesterday. I literally fell down on the ground off my crutches and stated yelling. Fucking horrible. Fortunately, it only lasted a couple minutes.

About 3 weeks ago it lasted hours and I had to be transported in the hospital. I wanted to die--probably psychologically scared now.

It's interesting that a large amount of vets say "creatine" and all the rage with shakes centered around "intra" these days which is not really that new either started back in the late 1990's I think on the net.

Justin Harris once said back in the day that if people put half as much effort and thought into their diets vs the amount the put into their "work out shakes" there'd be a whole lot of big boys out there.

I see everyone walking round the gym with a shaker bottle these days and not even breaking a sweat. People need to re introduce themselves with creatine cycling back and start making some good gains along with all those fancy starchy and amino drinks.

I actually saw someone post on a forum a few weeks ago 'Now I know why i wasn't any good shoulder gains... I wasn't using an intra-workout drink!' :rolleyes: The gullibility of some people..

I'm thinking whey protein since the absorption rate and the speed of digestion is much faster than food...

but then there is stuff like multi-vitamins. They are not easy numbers to hit and a lot of multis have even digestive enzymes in them. I'm thinking maybe multi, protein, then creatine.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Nopko
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131