over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's your biggest "pet peeve?"

Well that's why people should be working in with each other. Squat racks being the main exception.

That would be the polite way to go.

Well that's why people should be working in with each other. Squat racks being the main exception.

True. Plate loaded machines being anothber one. My current gym has loads of plates loaded hammer strength machines which is great. But I won't even bother asking to work in as most guys are lifting 1 plate and not pushing it. Now if it's your standard machine no problem. The one exception of that is what happened to me yesterday... check out the last post in my syntherol log :eek:

DAMN I CANT STAND THOSE CROSSFITTERS - POINTLESS EXCERSISES THAT MAKE MY JOINTS HURT JUST WATCHING

My biggest isn't gym related. I drive 38 miles to work and everyday and it's guaranteed that someone will fly up on my ass and not pass even though it's a 4 lane divided highway "I drive 55". But the instant they see someone else pass, it's like they realize that they can do the same and then take off, grrrrr... and no hating on the ladies, but it's ALWAYS women that are on the phone

Whiskey

We use to have one extremely heavy guy that would sweat all over the equipment without cleaning up after himself.

Glad he goes in the afternoon now.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

It was probably 2-3 weeks ago but I do a DC style workout, and this guy apparently really wants the exact smith I was using for reverse-grip bench, and he just stands there as I do my warm ups. Once I get my working set done I rack the weight to take a few breaths and the dickhead starts unracking my weight!! I had my headphones on and I always have my eyes closed when I'm taking the 15 breaths so I didn't hear or see it but when I got set for my second set he was getting the second 45 off my left side.

I was pissed and handled it poorly but I shoved him into the weight stand, told him to get the weights back on or I'd beat his ass. He put the weight back and stormed out. Normally I'm a really chill guy but having 2 of the 3 smith machines open and you try to push me off mine after a set? Might as well have spit in my face. This is why I train late at night, people just are too self absorbed and incompetent to deal with.

Last edited:
Guys who want to workout with several different machines and talk to other members during sets. i.e. one dude had he's bag at one machine, his keys at another and his towel at a third. So I wait patiently for the hack squat, when I see this A hole BSing with some other dude. I said eff it and started racking plates on. 5 mins goes by and he sees me on the hack and tells me he was using that. I told him it "doesn't work that way dude!" "You were BSing across the gym and not working out!" he didn't say anything, grabbed his stuff and walked away.

People talking to me when I have my headphones on, not hearing a thing. So common courtesy I have to take them out. I'm not arrogant enough to say fuck off, I usually just listen and say "I'm gonna get back in to it now". Some guys know the deal and leave me be though. Headphones on = business, you guys know what's up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My biggest pet peeve is people texting while driving...I cant count how many times in a day where the person in front of me keeps veering into my lane and then straightens out and then does again...im sitting there thinking "Is this guy trying to get over or what?"...so I pass them and look over and sure enough there busy playing shits and giggles on there damn phone, not even paying attention to the road

and if im in the car with my kids I really get hot...my heart beats faster and palms get sweaty. The arrogance of people thinking that whatever silly shit they got going on on their phone is more important than paying attention to the road and putting peoples lives in danger.

This one has probably already been mentioned and it's a common one, but driving the speed limit or under in the left lane. :banghead:

It was probably 2-3 weeks ago but I do a DC style workout, and this guy apparently really wants the exact smith I was using for reverse-grip bench, and he just stands there as I do my warm ups. Once I get my working set done I rack the weight to take a few breaths and the dickhead starts unracking my weight!! I had my headphones on and I always have my eyes closed when I'm taking the 15 breaths so I didn't hear or see it but when I got set for my second set he was getting the second 45 off my left side.

I was pissed and handled it poorly but I shoved him into the weight stand, told him to get the weights back on or I'd beat his ass. He put the weight back and stormed out. Normally I'm a really chill guy but having 2 of the 3 smith machines open and you try to push me off mine after a set? Might as well have spit in my face. This is why I train late at night, people just are too self absorbed and incompetent to deal with.
Were you still sitting on the bench at the smith machine? It was an asshole move on his part, but I think you probably over-reacted a bit, no need to stoop to his level. Just tell him you're not done and to please put the weights back on. If you were doing it as a rest-pause set, you literally were gonna be done within 2 minutes lol. But I will admit, I would have been upset too...if you get to the end of those 15 breaths and suddenly you can't do the set, so that your log book gets messed up (I'm guessing by the time the weights were back on you could do more reps than you would have been able to do normally), I would have been quite irritated.
My biggest pet peeve is people texting while driving...I cant count how many times in a day where the person in front of me keeps veering into my lane and then straightens out and then does again...im sitting there thinking "Is this guy trying to get over or what?"...so I pass them and look over and sure enough there busy playing shits and giggles on there damn phone, not even paying attention to the road

and if im in the car with my kids I really get hot...my heart beats faster and palms get sweaty. The arrogance of people thinking that whatever silly shit they got going on on their phone is more important than paying attention to the road and putting peoples lives in danger.
My biggest pet peeve is other drivers in general lol. I love driving but take it with the utmost responsibility, not just for myself and the people in my car but for all the people on the road. Anytime I see someone doing anything idiotic, whether it be ignoring obvious traffic signs, fiddling on their phone, cutting people off at dangerous proximity, I have to take a lot of deep breaths and calm myself. It's not worth the stress, but it's difficult to not react to.

DAMN I CANT STAND THOSE CROSSFITTERS - POINTLESS EXCERSISES THAT MAKE MY JOINTS HURT JUST WATCHING

I can make an exception for crossfit women... Long as they aren't talking about crossfit though.

Oh man depends on preworkout intake , girls that come in looking like they painted their face on ... The overly loud pssshhhh noises a few guys make at exhale .. Improper lifting and the list goes on and on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were you still sitting on the bench at the smith machine? It was an asshole move on his part, but I think you probably over-reacted a bit, no need to stoop to his level. Just tell him you're not done and to please put the weights back on. If you were doing it as a rest-pause set, you literally were gonna be done within 2 minutes lol. But I will admit, I would have been upset too...if you get to the end of those 15 breaths and suddenly you can't do the set, so that your log book gets messed up (I'm guessing by the time the weights were back on you could do more reps than you would have been able to do normally), I would have been quite irritated.

I definitely overreacted, not my proudest moment at all. I rarely let things get to me anywhere near as bad as that did, it was more of a final straw than just his act I think, and he took the brunt of it.

I did laugh at the logbook though. Just did a straight set to finish reverse grip benches off and will keep it going off the previous numbers. But since I was writing this day off I still wrote "7-JACKASS" for my reps.

That type of disrespect that guy showed by touching your plates while you're still on the machine is disgusting. Unfortunately, some people are so rude that the way you reacted just may be the only way that asshole learns to not repeat his asinine behavior in the future.

Long list some days, but I try to stay mellow.

Talking any more than to say hi. Once, I only had my earphones and no ipod...it was charging at home and I forgot it...so I put the end in my pocket so no one would talk to me. hehe Mixed results on that.

Bad or Dangerous Personal trainers. One had a client doing rack pullups in the squat rack...Facing the wrong direction. So the dude ended up pulling the bar out of the rack and onto his head as he fell. Just Joe Trainee, non fitness guy.

I actually had to grab his trainer by the shoulders and turn him around to see what had happened. He was talking to some girl and not even watching his trainee.

Guys that smell like alcohol and smoke.
Like they just got back from 5 days in Vegas.
Me Bad.lol

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
roydavis474
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner