over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Quest for 6 plate deadlift x 8 reps. Video Log

bmcjames

Registered
Goal 585lbs x 8 reps by Dec 31st 2011.
I figure if I can add 180lbs on the bar I will get a nice +15lbs on the body ;)

This first thread will eventually have all videos posted.
I will post videos whenever I use a extra +25lb plate each side or "graduate" to the next 45lb plate.
Obviously this is a work in progress...
Also I know it is a bit of a steep goal but I am sure that even if I miss my mark, I will obtain it. It isn't a do or die sorta goal, just something I am consciously thinking about and really pushing hard for...

9/7/2011 BW 215lbs (waist 33.5")
405lbs x 8 reps
9/7/2011 405deadlift 8 rep - YouTube
Warmups leading up to this lift:
135 x 10
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 3
365 x 1
pre lift Poo*
lift weight

Easy, even had energy to walk it off the squat rack... I usually start from the ground but that day I left my barbell jack at home so this was my "lazy" alternative.

9/21/11 BW 215lbs (waist 33", .5" smaller than previous)
425 x 8 reps
easy, perfect form great power each rep, should have thrown more weight on the bar.... Sorry no vid of this, I didn't think an extra +10lb plate was impressive enough to vid.
Warmups leading up to this lift:
135 x 10
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 3
365 x 1
pre lift Poo*
405 x 1
lift weight

Next deadlift day is 10/5/11
will be aiming for 455 x 8 reps
will post a vid when that day comes....

Last edited:
10/5/2011 445x7 and 365x10

445 lbs x 7 - YouTube

**broken link removed**
^^
Here is the aftermath of that set. The friggin clamp couldn't hold all those plates... Really threw me off my groove and I swear I would have had an 8th rep if this didn't happen. Next time :)

Next time will go 465 :)

I decided not to go 455 today because I got a bit ambitious last week with my rack pulls and made a 30lb bump instead of 20lb like I was supposed to. Result was I got 5 reps instead of all 8 like I wanted.

That form is going to get you hurt..... With that said, you have a strong lower back.........

That form is going to get you hurt..... With that said, you have a strong lower back.........

Yeah, I agree. I'm no deadlift expert but I would be getting your hips into it a lot more and if you were to do that you could move even more weight. Youre almost doing the equivalent of a stiff leg dead lift off the floor.

Yeah, I agree. I'm no deadlift expert but I would be getting your hips into it a lot more and if you were to do that you could move even more weight. Youre almost doing the equivalent of a stiff leg dead lift off the floor.

I agree...get your hips down a little further, keep your lower back flat and drive through your hips. You'll want to feel your heals are like "sinking" into the floor...keep the bar close to your shins and thighs.

There are some good tube vids out there...I'm know expert either...just sharing what I've been taught.

I agree...get your hips down a little further, keep your lower back flat and drive through your hips. You'll want to feel your heals are like "sinking" into the floor...keep the bar close to your shins and thighs.

There are some good tube vids out there...I'm know expert either...just sharing what I've been taught.

That's the way to do it for sure. Sometime the bar is so close to your shins and thighs that it ends up dragging up and the knarling on the bar ends up tearing your skin and making your shins bleed. Im impressed though that you are able to use that much weight while using that kind of form.

I never noticed my form being like that till this video showing me from the side more.

I'll drop my ass low next time and really power through, I'm sure it wont be a problem for me :)

I never noticed my form being like that till this video showing me from the side more.

I'll drop my ass low next time and really power through, I'm sure it wont be a problem for me :)

Yeah, and try to keep the bar close to your body because it give you more leverage. It should just about literally drag up your upper thighs by the time you reach the upper portion of lift.

GREAT lifts bro, but like others stated, drag that shit on your shins. I dont grow hair on these two parts of my shins b/c of deads. The good from this is i KNOW my form is good, however i sure look goofy when my gorilla leg hair is all patchy.

GREAT lifts bro, but like others stated, drag that shit on your shins. I dont grow hair on these two parts of my shins b/c of deads. The good from this is i KNOW my form is good, however i sure look goofy when my gorilla leg hair is all patchy.

LOL! That happend to me for awhile when I was doing a powerlifting routine. People at the gym look at you funny too when your legs are bleeding.

460 x 6 reps, cleaned up the form

I use double clamps so it could actually have been 465 but I only count the weight that I put on the bar not the clamps...

Next time will go 465lbs and aim for 10 reps, then time to bump the weight again =)

10/17/2011 460lbs x 6 reps 223Lbs Bodyweight - YouTube

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
heres some motivation for you

that goal is not only "steep"....but will (more than likely)
never be obtained.....and if it did, it would most likely
take years upon years upon years....

it always pains me to see you kids make goals that are just
completely out of line and just plain dumb......youre setting yourself
up for huge disappointments now AND down the road

i dont mean to shit on your lawn bro......just keepin it real

a better goal (to me) would be a 600lb deadlift in 1 years time...
this game isnt meant to be a race.....you gotta sit idle, and let things happen.
the only thing youre in control of is nutrition, rest, and training intensity...give those things 100% and the sky is the limit....
the hardest part is doing that AND dealing with being a daddy, holding a job, injuries, inlaws:rolleyes:, life hits hard bro.....roll with it

just sayin

:cool:

Your right, putting a deadline on that was a crazy move on my part. Unfortunately I can't just go back and edit it out now and act like it was never posted...

ON the other hand, I think you greatly underestimate my hard headedness/ and determination. I can say that obtaining that goal is next to impossible, but at the same time, I have no doubt in my mind that I will be clipping the low 500's for reps by the end of the year =) God forbid my deadline gets set back a bit...

But hey, what you say is actually motivating to me. I have had everyone tell me I would never make it where I am and I'm still here and still pushing. I enjoy a challenge so lets just see where this brings me.

476x6 today, 5plates next time....

Very successful day at the gym today :)

Actually getting a little leaner today. Woke up at 223lbs and gut was .5" smaller.
Yesterday I had 8 meals and 3 big swigs of my lba before bed, I suspect around 4200cals or so...

10/29/2011 Deadlift 475x6 reps - YouTube
475x6, should have pulled that 7th and 8th but I figured a +15lb jump over last time was plenty of progress, leave a little in the tank.
Will be going 495 next time =)

Today's deadlifts went:
475x6, 405x8, 365x8

Here is the damage done to the shins from that first set.
**broken link removed**

So that Louzee doesn't whop me up side the head. Thanks Louzee for baby powdering me, cleaning up the blood, setting up the weights and the video =).

Last edited:
Don't let being sick get you down!

I got a bit of a cold starting on Saturday. Had sore thought which then turned to spitting up mucus and just generally feeling bad, coughing, etc.

Tuesday was Squat day, made a +30lb jump on my box squats so being sick didn't hold me up too much ;)

Thursday 11/10/11 was/is deadlift day. Still a bit sick but feeling much better than Tuesday.

BW 224lbs today
Deadlift 495x5, 455x5, 405x5
Pretty productive day for being sick I'd say!

Deadlift 495 x 5 Reps BW224lbs - YouTube
455lbs x 5 reps Deadlift BW224lbs - YouTube
405lbs x 5 reps Deadlift BW224lbs - YouTube

Tried wearing kneehigh socks this time, still didn't save the shins...
**broken link removed**

based on that video i have a few suggestions if i were u i would leave bar on floor and load weight instead of picking it up off rack and putting it in the floor u waste alot of energy doing that secondly try to stay tight dont slam it on ground between reps it will help. and also keep it close to your body. they werent bad but u can improve a little just keep at it.

I only did that starting from the rack with the 405x8, ever since that one I am on the floor now.

I now load from the floor with a mini barbell jack I made.

**broken link removed**

This thing is great, fits in the gym bag, weights less than 2 lbs....

I'm really fighting to drag it up the bod the entire time these days. I baby powder and try to have a nice dragline the whole way up.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws