over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Look Good Again Log

Registered
Ok, I feel it's time to get a little bigger and better again.

My background:
Started training for football, went from skinny to strong, big and a little chubby. Found out I loved training like a bber, did my first and so far only competition in 2008. I looked great 2 weeks out (5'10'', ~235 lbs) but got in a car accident and also got sick right before the contest. I blew it but still went on stage just so I could say to myself I did it and I didn't give up.
Being a personal trainer I decided to quit being, stay in decent shape, run a lot. Actually ran a half marathon last year at a bw of about 220-225 lbs. only thing I did as train with the TRX suspension trainer and the occasional weights session.
I started lifting heavy again about 6 months ago. Just like before, usually never more than 10 reps.

I kinda miss being big but I do not want any of that bloat and no unnecessary fat I used to have once. No more bulking and cutting since I like the look and feeling of being lean and in shape. Plus I can't get out of shape anyway since I got a job that kinda depends on my appearance.

The goal:
Get back to around 240-250 lbs under 10% bf.

The method:
I had good success with Intermittent Fasting, using both a leangains and warrior diet approach. This is what I will do again, probably just doing BCAAs during my fasting period and either have a protein shake before my workout or just start after it. I will try and get in all my food in during about a 3 h window post workout but I will be flexible and adjust it according to what I feel gives the best results.
Training wise I want to try something that is new to me: train in the 10-15 rep range the majority of the time. I will start out with a 6x per week schedule, doing a push/pull/legs twice per week. Big body parts: ~ 16 sets, smaller body parts ~ 9 sets. This will certainly change after a while because I change my workouts up quite often. More out of boredom than anything else. Before anyone cries big time overtraining, I have worked out like this when I trained with a partner who then became a world champion and had great gains.

This log is mostly for myself to help me stick to the IF protocol and the high rep range :) if anyone has any comments, questions or whatever, go ahead guys.

Last edited:
As long as I'm on vacation -next week- my diet will still have quite a bit of fast food. Next week is when it'll all come together.

how much cals are you going to consume during those 3 hours post? you must have elite genetics if you really expect to get to lean 250 by eating only for 3 hours a day and training 6 times a week :eek:

I can't tell yet, just have to see how my body responds. I weigh about 235 now so it's not gonna be a huge gain. More like a decomposition plus another 10 lbs of muscle :)

TRAINING
quick workout today. Didn't do chest since its still sore from a heavy workout on Monday.

Upright Rows 4x10-15
SLR 5x8-15

Triceps Push Downs 9x10-15

Short rest times, less than 1 min. After a warm up I started with the heavies possible weight that kept me in the rep range and then lowered it according to my declining strength.

DIET
No food until 8:30, about 2 hours after my training. Went to HomeTown Buffet and picked out on steak and roast beef, but also a shit ton of dessert and some Mac n cheese. My guess would be around 4000 kcal.

iPad won't let me upload pics, so they will have to follow once I'm back home on my computer.

Felt great overall, with 2 OxyElite throughout the day there were never any hunger pangs.

darn 4000cals in ons siting:eek: after 1500-2000 I feel sick couldn't do that myself :D

If u include Oreos and ice cream I'm pretty sure you can, too ;)

it would be easy then but I would fell sick for the next 21 hours...haha

looks like it will be interesting log, very unusuall than most guys are doing thing...definately will follow it, keep up posting your progress

I'm following along bro...good luck.

I like using IF. I find that I can stay the same bodyfat pretty much regardless of what I eat as long as it's in my "window".

I'm following along bro...good luck.

I like using IF. I find that I can stay the same bodyfat pretty much regardless of what I eat as long as it's in my "window".

I gotta say the same thing about IF. I don't think it's necessarily better than a conventional eating pattern, but for me it is a lot easier to stick to. I just like to eat and once I start, I can't just settle for small servings. Being strict and just saying NO to food for a certain amount of time is a lot easier for me than always teasing myself and not be satisfied. Guess its just a mentality thing....
How long did u do the IF? R u still doing it?

No training today and a bunch of bs food, had a big easter feast with my friend's family.

Tomorrow will be my last training on my vacation, then I'll have a long flight coming up on tue. Wed is when I'm gonna be really starting my journey and feed this log with some info.

I gotta say the same thing about IF. I don't think it's necessarily better than a conventional eating pattern, but for me it is a lot easier to stick to. I just like to eat and once I start, I can't just settle for small servings. Being strict and just saying NO to food for a certain amount of time is a lot easier for me than always teasing myself and not be satisfied. Guess its just a mentality thing....
How long did u do the IF? R u still doing it?

No training today and a bunch of bs food, had a big easter feast with my friend's family.

Tomorrow will be my last training on my vacation, then I'll have a long flight coming up on tue. Wed is when I'm gonna be really starting my journey and feed this log with some info.

I have been using it for quite awhile now. I started last year, but can't quite remember when. I let my hunger dictate during my Window how much to eat. Somedays I eat a ton, and other days if I didn't train that day don't eat that much at all.

But I always get my fill of protein, and then usually put away a good bit of fruit. I typically save my veggies for a big salad at the end when I start my fast again.

Pretty much the same strategy I'm using, trying to get in protein first.

Well, Monday was good eating wise. I trained in the afternoon and went to dinner shortly after at HomeTown Buffet again. Steak buffet for 10 bucks just can't be beaten. I had about 2 pounds of steak and some other stuff, made sure I got in my protein first.

Training:

Chest only

Bench 5 sets, 5-19 reps each
DBBP, 6 sets, 8-20 reps each

standing Calf Raises / Ab Crunches 5 supersets
Despite what I set out to do and not drop below 10 reps I decided to pyramid up to a weight that feels heavy. I go to failure on all sets before that, too. This way I don't waste any time, get in a bunch of intense high rep sets and still get some lower reps, without going too heavy due to preexhaustion.

I was on my way back from vacation on Tue, so no training and only airport food. Will update later tonite with pictures

Sorry for closing prematurely.
I am taking part in a training project that I can't reveal as of yet. I will post info and results at a later time.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws