over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A 2 Milk at Trader Joe`s

emeric delczeg

IFBB PRO / Verified Customer
IFBB PROS
Registered
Verified Customer
Scientists have made an important discovery about cows milk, originally cows milk contained only the A2 protein. The difference between A1 and A2 proteins is subtle: They are different forms of beta-casein, a part of the curds that make up about 30 percent of the protein content in milk. The A2 variety of beta-casein mutated into the A1 version several thousand years ago in some European dairy herds. Two genes code for beta-casein, so modern cows can either be purely A2, A1/A2 hybrids, or purely A1. Milk from goats and humans contains only the A2 beta-casein.

Attachments

• A2 Milk.jpg
    A2 Milk.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 544
What's the nutritional info? same as regular milk?

Scientists have also discovered a link between infants who were not breast fed and given formula or any milk protein, were at a higher rate of developing Type 1 Diabetes.

Milk is "supposed to be a stable in our diet" but with such a huge percent of the population that suffers from lactose intolerance, I question it's value.

-MT

All the "low fat" milks are horrible for you. Anybody drinking milk should stick with classic whole milk.

We have to be very careful about associations between two variables. There are probably many more intervening factors that affect diabetes.

That's interesting about lactose intolerance - I don't know the proportion of the pop that has it but it is curious...

Very interesting topic and thanks to those that have posted.

This might be the mechanism that is driving the maladaptive outcomes:

" But studies have found that when people reduce how much fat they eat, they tend to replace it with sugar or carbohydrates, both of which can have worse effects on insulin and diabetes risk. "

Thus, it may not be be the fat per-se but a replacement with other unhealthy foods.

Interesting stuff

$4.00 a quart??
16$ a gallon
I work too hard and too long for my money
Ill pass

Were do you live ? Hawaii!!
Wife just brought home 4 gallons for 2.19$ a galloon.
Should last a week tops!!!
If Milk is so Bad Why does my Body Crave It !!
And why does it look so GOOD!

It's 3.99 for a half gallon in the picture... where are you getting 16 bucks a gallon?

Please explain

I'd say horrible might be a tad harsh, but skim milk was only presented to appease the obese westerner. Whole or more specifically raw milk, just like grass fed anything is less changed by human and therefore is more "nutritionally" natural.

Please explain

First off you do realize that dietary fat does not make you fat, right? Low fat diets were a fad in the 1980`s for fat house mom`s. Dietary cholesterol has minimal impact on blood levels of cholesterol and your liver produces the bulk, you know? On to milk. Here is a few but I`ll try and find the study about how the body actually processes the low fat milk as sugar.

1) Skim milk about has twice the amount of sugar as full fat cream. When you take out the fat, you add sugar to make up for it, and don’t we all know by now that fat doesn’t make you fat…sugar does? This means if you’re buying skim milk to manage your weight, you’re making a mistake.

2) Skim milk is totally devoid of nutritional value. The vitamins (A, D, E and K) in milk are fat soluble, which means they need fat in order to be absorbed by the body. Also, calcium absorption is enhanced by Vitamin D, but the Vitamin D needs fat, so skim milk breaks the entire chain of absorption and becomes nutritionally empty. It’s basically like drinking sugar water.

3) Saturated fat (which is removed to create skim milk) has satiating, blood sugar stabilizing effects. Fats slow the release of sugar into your bloodstream. Eating a low-fat diet that makes up for the fat by adding more sugar can lead to blood sugar issues like diabetes and hypoglycemia. Contrary to popular belief, lowfat does NOT mean healthier!

4) The dairy industry often adds skim milk powder to skim milk. Skim milk powder processing causes the cholesterol in the milk to be oxidized – and oxidized cholesterol can lead to buildup of plaque in the arteries. Cholesterol that naturally occurs in food is not something to worry about, but oxidized cholesterol can cause inflammation in the body and contribute to heart disease.

5) Because skim milk is a highly processed, “altered” food, it can leave you feeling unsatisfied and experiencing cravings for something more. Our bodies thrive on whole foods, the way they are found in nature. Eating a diet full of high quality protein and healthy fats from whole foods can prevent the ups and downs and cravings that come from eating fat-free foods that are “missing something.

What is the significance of A1 vs. A2 proteins?

I know that with goat's milk, the milk does not form the same type of globules that cow's milk does... this makes goat milk more absorptive with less allergic reactions from the protein globules entering the blood stream.

Is that perhaps what the difference is?

First off you do realize that dietary fat does not make you fat, right? Low fat diets were a fad in the 1980`s for fat house mom`s. Dietary cholesterol has minimal impact on blood levels of cholesterol and your liver produces the bulk, you know? On to milk. Here is a few but I`ll try and find the study about how the body actually processes the low fat milk as sugar.

1) Skim milk about has twice the amount of sugar as full fat cream. When you take out the fat, you add sugar to make up for it, and don’t we all know by now that fat doesn’t make you fat…sugar does? This means if you’re buying skim milk to manage your weight, you’re making a mistake.

2) Skim milk is totally devoid of nutritional value. The vitamins (A, D, E and K) in milk are fat soluble, which means they need fat in order to be absorbed by the body. Also, calcium absorption is enhanced by Vitamin D, but the Vitamin D needs fat, so skim milk breaks the entire chain of absorption and becomes nutritionally empty. It’s basically like drinking sugar water.

3) Saturated fat (which is removed to create skim milk) has satiating, blood sugar stabilizing effects. Fats slow the release of sugar into your bloodstream. Eating a low-fat diet that makes up for the fat by adding more sugar can lead to blood sugar issues like diabetes and hypoglycemia. Contrary to popular belief, lowfat does NOT mean healthier!

4) The dairy industry often adds skim milk powder to skim milk. Skim milk powder processing causes the cholesterol in the milk to be oxidized – and oxidized cholesterol can lead to buildup of plaque in the arteries. Cholesterol that naturally occurs in food is not something to worry about, but oxidized cholesterol can cause inflammation in the body and contribute to heart disease.

5) Because skim milk is a highly processed, “altered” food, it can leave you feeling unsatisfied and experiencing cravings for something more. Our bodies thrive on whole foods, the way they are found in nature. Eating a diet full of high quality protein and healthy fats from whole foods can prevent the ups and downs and cravings that come from eating fat-free foods that are “missing something.

Good points but to me, doesn't seem to be 100 percent the case. Just my opinion. I like skim milk not becuase its lower in fat and fat makes me fat, but becuase it simply has less calories and I can consume more calories elsewhere. If you read the label, skim milk has the same sugar content and same protein content as whole milks except 0 fat. So if I drink 16oz, 2 servings of skim, I'm cutting out 12g of fat or 110 calories to consume as food instead of just drinking it. The whole it makes you not satisfies and makes you crave more is just a control thing. That's like saying you can't a couple pieces of candy in your diet becuase you'll crave more candy and consume a ton of calories. Is there actually a study it's bad for your health or just this? Just my opinion so don't take it the wrong way. Just don't see this as being a concern. I'd rather drink skim milk and use the fat from the milk some were else in my diet like subn a chicken meal with a beef meal since I have the fat to spare. Plus whole milk doesn't sit to well in the stomach for me

$4.00 a quart??

16$ a gallon

Ill pass

i think regular milk can do the same effects

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

That's like saying you can't a couple pieces of candy in your diet becuase you'll crave more candy and consume a ton of calories.

Actually that is exactly what happens to me. I have one little Starburst and next thing you know I'm eating an entire bag! If I skip that one little Starburst I don't end up eating any. Sugar is like crack.

$4.00 a quart??
16$ a gallon
Ill pass

I buy raw whole milk from a local farm and it's $10 a gallon; that's all I'll let my kids drink (milk wise). I just read too much messed up stuff on how regular milk is processed!

Actually that is exactly what happens to me. I have one little Starburst and next thing you know I'm eating an entire bag! If I skip that one little Starburst I don't end up eating any. Sugar is like crack.

I had one of my wife's and ended up eating all the red and pink ones before the gym :eek:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws