advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Possible staph in eq...would filtering/microwaving clear it up?

bigtasty25

Registered
Got a staph infection about a month ago which im on antibiotics for it now...have a feeling it was the eq i was using...would filtering through a .22 micron and microwaving at 225 for 30 mins take care of this? I paid 180$ for the eq and i know it works good (got great pumps, vascularity) so would hate to dump it out...although i know my health is priceless...thanks:)

R u fucking nuts? Throw that shit in the garbage IMMEDIATELY!!! Staff infection is nothing to play with, I know I guy who just had a blood clot from the antibiotic sides and then had a fucking massive heart attack. DITCH IT <NOW!

I would imagine if you actually had staph in the solution you would of been in trouble in a matter of minutes ,

Man you look at this a little different than I do. Staff kills many people every year and can cause serious damage even if you don't die. There have been a couple of members of this board who had to battle back from serious staff infection. I would look at it from this direction. If I was dealing with a staff infection and it cost 360$ to get over it would I pay it? I bet you would answer the same as I do and pay it in a second. So there is your answer. Find some other EQ and toss the stuff you suspect is bad. You kind of answered your own question with the last line stating your helath is priceless. If you truly believe that statement you already know what to do.

thanks guys...i know my health means everything to me and id hate to chance it...so ill definately dump it...im not sure why i had the idea of filtering it...guess it's that mentality we all have..

thanks guys...i know my health means everything to me and id hate to chance it...so ill definately dump it...im not sure why i had the idea of filtering it...guess it's that mentality we all have..

Not my mentality thats for sure. If something is making me sick or hurting me, I dont care how much it costs, I'm fixing the problem. If that means throwing something in the trash, so be it.

Dump it.

So how long were you using it before you got the staph? If you were using it for quite some time I HIGHLY doubt the staph was in the vial. You would have experienced it right away. Did you get staph in the same spot as your injection? Staph lives on our skin and if you did, chances are you didn't clean the area around the injection site. If you feel like it came from your gear, toss it.

DUDE!!!!!! trash that shit!!! our bodies have evolved over many thousands of years to have natural defences against all sorts of bacterias, virus, toxins, etc. when you inject something you are bypassing this evolution and must be VERY careful. its not worth the risk - EVER

IMO, I would say the chances the staph came from the gear are pretty slim. But I'd feel guilty if I was wrong so listen to these guys and dump it. I don't want you phucked up 'cause I'm a dumbass.

But I'm pretty crazy so I'd probably try to save the gear by adding 1% benzyl alcohol and 7-10% benzyl benzoate. I'd probably then refilter it.

EQ is a liquid at room temperature so maybe whomever processed it used only BB or simply heated in the oil without BB or BA - can't say. Way I look at it is if you have too much BB or BA, it can make for an uncomfortable shot but at least you'll be “safer” from infection. Sometimes a lab will use as little BA or BB to have a rep of having a "smooth" shot.

Hope I don't persuade you to take a gamble with your health. Dump it and be safe...

Last edited:
Why do you think it was the EQ? The BA in the EQ would kill any staph (assuming there is at leasst 1% BA in your EQ).

It seems more likely that you got the staph infection from bad injection technique. When you injected, you probably pushed in some staph from your skin. Staph is normal skin flora. We are all covered with it this very second.

Alcohol pads are not effective at killing staph, That is why I always use iodine pre-injection. If you want to be unltra-safe, leave the iodine on the injection site for two minutes before you inject.

Why do you think it was the EQ? The BA in the EQ would kill any staph (assuming there is at leasst 1% BA in your EQ).

It seems more likely that you got the staph infection from bad injection technique. When you injected, you probably pushed in some staph from your skin. Staph is normal skin flora. We are all covered with it this very second.

Alcohol pads are not effective at killing staph, That is why I always use iodine pre-injection. If you want to be unltra-safe, leave the iodine on the injection site for two minutes before you inject.
Very good point... We sometimes get complacent and forget this. Iodine is the only way to go.

Got a staph infection about a month ago which im on antibiotics for it now...have a feeling it was the eq i was using...would filtering through a .22 micron and microwaving at 225 for 30 mins take care of this? I paid 180$ for the eq and i know it works good (got great pumps, vascularity) so would hate to dump it out...although i know my health is priceless...thanks:)

Microwave?
Never heard of someone using that.
an Oven would be best as far as i know.

Personally i would dump it.$180 aint worth your health....

Bro I feel yah on this. Sometimes $$ is tight and gear is hard to find, but honestly bro, I read your staph story and ER visit and I wouldnt touch it. I know who makes that brand of EQ and imo its just dirty south american gear. Its got b12 and b6 in it right? You can get really sick from old b vitamins too, so who knows whats the culprit in there.

im not positive it was injection technique but thats likely the cultrip it seems like...but either way i threw out the eq...so thats done with...
Iodine huh? Thats what the doc used before he drained my tricep (i was awake for that 1)...im going to buy some for the future, for sure ...not taking any chances anymore after what happened:)

So how long were you using it before you got the staph? If you were using it for quite some time I HIGHLY doubt the staph was in the vial. You would have experienced it right away. Did you get staph in the same spot as your injection? Staph lives on our skin and if you did, chances are you didn't clean the area around the injection site. If you feel like it came from your gear, toss it.

i used it for about 2 weeks id guess...and yep it was in the same spot as the injection...i tossed the gear just to be safe...but it probably was injection technique...and probably due to my immune system being a bit low (felt lethargic/no appetite), not sure if it was due to my dieting...or the staph caused my lethargy/lack of appetite...but either way gunna play it safe in the future

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws