advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

need help with generator....sandy has power out for a while!!!!!!!

tkav1980

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I got a 6500 watt generator. it was running fine for about 35 min then shuts off.....pulling fridge and water heater off it and cable modem......has oil, plenty of gass.... bought new a few hours ago.

sounds like it may have popped a breaker. see if it has a reset button on it. unplug everything from it and see if it will run without the stuff plugged in, then plug 1 thing in at a time and see what triggers it to go off. May be pulling too much amperage from something or it might of had a power surge.

yes

you could be overloading it

Fridges pull a lot of watts, so does a water heater. May be too much for it.
Might work with just one of those off line.

Fridges pull a lot of watts, so does a water heater. May be too much for it.
Might work with just one of those off line.

anything with a heating element is gonna draw a shit load of current , run your fridge for several hrs then hot water heater for everal hrs.

I assume that you have it hard wired into you breaker pan?
if that is the case for the love of god pull your meter out of its socket!!!
you can easily back feed the transformer which works both ways the power line comes in at 13,800 volts and the transformer breaks it down to 220 , if you back feed 220 into the transformer it comes out 13,800 and energizes the power line !! people , namely power company workers , are killed all the time because of this.

if you are hooked into your meter pan or your breaker panel , pull your meter out and turn off ALL the breakers in your box except those you need to run that will prevent accidentally over loading the generator by turning on lights

tkav1980.....if you dont have any luck with it let me know and ill see if i can help(worked with lots of generators before). ill pm my number to you now

I got a 6500 watt generator. it was running fine for about 35 min then shuts off.....pulling fridge and water heater off it and cable modem......has oil, plenty of gass.... bought new a few hours ago.

That gen is only capable of 58 amps. Your fridge will pull 40% of that load alone. With the water heater every time if kicks on you'll pop your main breaker on the unit. Turn off your water heater breaker until you need hot water then turn it back on temporarily. Otherwise you'll be having problems.

My generator has a gas shut off valve on the fuel line, if it gets shut off it'll run awhile then shut off. Make sure it's all the way open

ok found the problem...was running too much to each individual power outlet on it... once I spead everything out over all 5 outlets the problem solved.....however.... in the last 10 min I got power back so seriously that was a pain in the ass....had to drive from the jersey shore to philly to find a generator.

ok found the problem...was running too much to each individual power outlet on it... once I spead everything out over all 5 outlets the problem solved.....however.... in the last 10 min I got power back so seriously that was a pain in the ass....had to drive from the jersey shore to philly to find a generator.

but now you own one. Something a man knows to keep in his home. These are things that a man knows and helps keep his family safe and prepared. FYI Gunsmith knows his shit too lol!!! :p

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws