over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Family awarded 11 million for mother who died from kratom overdose

There is no more personal accountability in the US anymore , i think it started in the 90’s when that dumb bitch spilled McDonald’s coffee in her lap.
where do we draw the line.??
if I decide to suck start a pistol my family can sue the gun manufacturer for building an efficient weapon , the ammo manufacturer for making a lethal bullet.??
if a guy goes and buys a high end sport bike and drives it into the back of a car at 180 miles an hr his family can sue for making the bike to fast or not safe enough.??
if an asshole cuts off an 18 wheeler then brake checks them and gets run over can the family sue the driver and trucking company.??
if someone breaks into your house , slips and falls in your kitchen they can sue you for their injuries.
not saying anything of the above case will win in court and be awarded but they absolutely can be brought to court

the courts even entertaining this stupid shit is who is to blame

Not really. Lady sets a steaming coffee she ordered from McDonald's drive through, between her crotch and then drives away, it spills and burns her. She got awarded 11 million. There is some real dumbasses when it comes to judges nowadays.
Exactly

Worth a read. I had a similar view to you guys regarding the famous McDonald’s coffee case but I changed my mind about it after studying the topic as part of my business law class wayyy back in my college days.

That family Dosnt deserve a dime. She chose to use it. Accountability is non existent these days.
Yep. Darwinism. Unfortunately everything is a lawsuit now days. Fall on your ass at Walmart break a leg become a millionaire.

Worth a read. I had a similar view to you guys regarding the famous McDonald’s coffee case but I changed my mind about it after studying the topic as part of my business law class wayyy back in my college days.
Why? If I remember correctly McD’s, at the time heated their coffee to like ~140°-150°. While a normal cup was 120°…. Their logic was so that the coffee would still be hot whenever the customer got to their destination. This was my memory of the incident.

Do you think they were wrong for having it so hot? Not using appropriate lids/cups? Not having a warning on the cup?

I mean they operated like this for a long time prior to this. I imagine others have been burned from their coffee. What was so negligent about this time?

I’m neutral in this scenario, but curious to why your mind changed…

Cage

Why? If I remember correctly McD’s, at the time heated their coffee to like ~140°-150°. While a normal cup was 120°…. Their logic was so that the coffee would still be hot whenever the customer got to their destination. This was my memory of the incident.

Do you think they were wrong for having it so hot? Not using appropriate lids/cups? Not having a warning on the cup?

I mean they operated like this for a long time prior to this. I imagine others have been burned from their coffee. What was so negligent about this time?

I’m neutral in this scenario, but curious to why your mind changed…

Cage
All of your questions are answered in the article. But yes, they kept their coffee way hotter than the rest of the industry and ignored the hundreds of burns that had occurred in the past. They also offered the woman less money than was required to even treat her burns and provide her with appropriate care. She was severely injured from the incident.

The laws need to change. It’s out of control in Louisiana! That is sue happy people. If you get into a fender bender here there’s a 80% chance you will be sued.

People know they’ll get a quick $15-$20K just for being hit. No real injuries! They just have to go through the motions and collect their check!

A large ring of people & lawyers here got busted recently for staging accidents with 18 wheelers. Made off with MILLIONS!!!! They got caught when the trucking owners installed cameras on their rigs. Believe the count of people involved is up to 100. It’s ongoing still.

Shit like this is the number one reason automobile insurance is sky f’n high!!!!!

Cage

Same here. I saw a video on it and it's ridiculous how much damage that did to her.

All of your questions are answered in the article. But yes, they kept their coffee way hotter than the rest of the industry and ignored the hundreds of burns that had occurred in the past. They also offered the woman less money than was required to even treat her burns and provide her with appropriate care. She was severely injured from the incident.
I get it… I just view if different is all. I’m NOT gonna keep a hot cup of coffee between my legs. That’s what cup holders are for.

Cage

I get it… I just view if different is all. I’m NOT gonna keep a hot cup of coffee between my legs. That’s what cup holders are for.

Cage
There were no cup holders in the car. She was 79 years old and wasn’t the driver.

Yep. There's also an excellent documentary about this case ("Hot Coffee") that also discusses the broader topic of tort reform.

There were no cup holders in the car. She was 79 years old and wasn’t the driver.
I know she was older, but why place a piping hot coffee between your legs in the first place? Why not use a few napkins for insulation and hold it in your hands, since she was a passenger? Just gonna have differing opinions is all.

Cage

I know she was older, but why place a piping hot coffee between your legs in the first place? Why not use a few napkins for insulation and hold it in your hands, since she was a passenger? Just gonna have differing opinions is all.

Cage
Lol all your questions are very clearly answered in the article. It’s a 3 minute read. But yes, agree to disagree.

I been drinking that coffee for many years before that incident and not once I got burned. One of the reasons I liked that coffee. It was strong and hot. Everyone knew that. Her brain was fried long before that incident. Mentality is so stupid anymore, I shake my head.

Not really. Lady sets a steaming coffee she ordered from McDonald's drive through, between her crotch and then drives away, it spills and burns her. She got awarded 11 million. There is some real dumbasses when it comes to judges nowadays.
Hey buddy hope your doing well!

Their machine was calibrated to 180-190 degrees for the suspension of the coffee a temperature that can give third degrees burns with 100% certainty

The case study is actually very interesting.

I boil the water for my coffee every morning, still no burns. One of the reasons I am selective who comes in my house.

I been drinking that coffee for many years before that incident and not once I got burned. One of the reasons I liked that coffee. It was strong and hot. Everyone knew that. Her brain was fried long before that incident. Mentality is so stupid anymore, I shake my head.
I understand your perspective. She is at least partially responsible for her injuries and that was taken into consideration when the award was given.

There is no more personal accountability in the US anymore , i think it started in the 90’s when that dumb bitch spilled McDonald’s coffee in her lap.
where do we draw the line.??
if I decide to suck start a pistol my family can sue the gun manufacturer for building an efficient weapon , the ammo manufacturer for making a lethal bullet.??
if a guy goes and buys a high end sport bike and drives it into the back of a car at 180 miles an hr his family can sue for making the bike to fast or not safe enough.??
if an asshole cuts off an 18 wheeler then brake checks them and gets run over can the family sue the driver and trucking company.??
if someone breaks into your house , slips and falls in your kitchen they can sue you for their injuries.
not saying anything of the above case will win in court and be awarded but they absolutely can be brought to court

the courts even entertaining this stupid shit is who is to blame
Agree with this as well, I definitely look at the USA differently as an adult than I did as a kid for many reasons. I heard on the radio a mechanic drove a customer car off a lift or something and died. Family was able to sue the vehicle owner. Imagine this clown trashing your vehicle and you not only lose it but get sued.

I know they have some sort of law to protect people who act as good samaratians to try and save people. But your also taking a risk, counting on a judge or jury to rule on your side. I'm sure there are still people who have been sued trying to save or help another.

Yep. There's also an excellent documentary about this case ("Hot Coffee") that also discusses the broader topic of tort reform.
I used to think it was insanity. Then I saw the documentary. That old lady deserved every penny she got, and then some. It isn’t just a matter of “different opinions” when most people (including myself, previously) are forming their opinions without most of the facts of what happened in the situation.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
IronMaxx
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131