over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Family awarded 11 million for mother who died from kratom overdose

I been drinking that coffee for many years before that incident and not once I got burned. One of the reasons I liked that coffee. It was strong and hot. Everyone knew that. Her brain was fried long before that incident. Mentality is so stupid anymore, I shake my head.
Not really. Lady sets a steaming coffee she ordered from McDonald's drive through, between her crotch and then drives away, it spills and burns her. She got awarded 11 million. There is some real dumbasses when it comes to judges nowadays.

McDonald’s hired a PR company to paint Liebeck as an overly litigious lunatic and clearly it was very effective as 30 years later we still have people parroting their spin campaign. Pesty is likely unaware that he swallowed their corporate propaganda hook, line, and sinker - in his mind, he’s just espousing “common sense”.

165lbstatechamp is correct, the entire issue is far more nuanced than portrayed by McDonald’s, and a mere five minutes spent reading up on it would enlighten many here.

Interesting read. Thats why you gotta drink your coffee black lol

Still she shouldn’t have took the lid off 👀

I have more common sense then you ever have. Common sense tells me not to put anything extremely hot between my legs that will burn. You also don't know anything about me when it comes to how I feel about about corporations and what they do, so STFU.
I gotta agree with you pesty. I dont even like drinking coffee in a vehicle for this reason

Exactly what I mean about these threads, always one fucker who will take a jab at someone, instead of sticking with a different opinion.

I value other opinions too. Sometimes people have been through different circumstances and might not think the same as you.

My pansy-ass hands are so delicate i can barely hold a cup of hot coffee from Peets. Actually, I'm not sure i even can, i get a sleeve on there or set it down real quick. Regardless of the details of the McDonald's hot coffee case, i think its pretty much inarguable that personal accountability, across basically every facet of our lives, has been tossed in the shitter.
A sad one i read a few years was in TX i believe. Some teenaged girl wanted to go skydiving for the very first time but she didn't want to do a tandem jump w an instructor. In his infinite wisdom, her dad signed a waiver that she could jump solo and she died. His argument when he sued the skydiving company was that he shouldn't have even been given the option to sign the waiver. To me, thats basically him admitting hes too stupid to make decisions regarding his daughter's safety and the company should have known that.
I mean, these are all big news worthy articles we're citing but i hear shit from people talking at work all the time and this attitude of non-accountability is so prevalent

And if you think that McDonald's story is crazy, hers is two 17 olds, who knowingly trespassed on a railroad property. They climbed on top a railroad car and got burned by electrical wires. They were awarded 24 million.

And if you think that McDonald's story is crazy, hers is two 17 olds, who knowingly trespassed on a railroad property. They climbed on top a railroad car and got burned by electrical wires. They were awarded 24 million.

Strange the way that works. All because there weren’t warning signs. But if they hadn‘t trespassed in the first place, none of this would have happened.

reminds me of illegal search and seizure. But the opposite. If you perform an illegal search, and find evidence against whoever you were targeting, still can’t be used because it was obtained via illegal action.

how does this same principle not apply

She must have taken a TON of kratom for it to do this...or it was tainted...or she was taking other stuff.

Strange the way that works. All because there weren’t warning signs. But if they hadn‘t trespassed in the first place, none of this would have happened.

reminds me of illegal search and seizure. But the opposite. If you perform an illegal search, and find evidence against whoever you were targeting, still can’t be used because it was obtained via illegal action.

how does this same principle not apply

Exactly. You go on private property all bets are off

Ive burnt my hand a few times with McDonald’s coffee.

I call myself a dumbass and move on with my day.

If you haven’t read the article it explains she takes responsibility for some of the blame and wasn’t asking for a ridiculous amount in the beginning.

Same thing can be said of PED users.

'roids are for junkies with muscles'

If used in moderation and used responsibility, even the most stigmatized substance can be used as medicine.
I can't agree with this.

Ped users take ped to look a certain way. I would prefer to not have to inject Ed and risk my health but I want to look lean and have a certain amount of lbm.

Drug users take drugs to feel a certain way. I've heard people say "xxx is my feel good compound" but I think the majority of people take compounds based on maximize look and minimize health risk.

Maybe something like ephedrine or caffeine could be compared to junkies.

I can't agree with this.

Ped users take ped to look a certain way. I would prefer to not have to inject Ed and risk my health but I want to look lean and have a certain amount of lbm.

Drug users take drugs to feel a certain way. I've heard people say "xxx is my feel good compound" but I think the majority of people take compounds based on maximize look and minimize health risk.

Maybe something like ephedrine or caffeine could be compared to junkies.
Well, you mentioned minimizing health risk, so you’re recognizing that indeed there is a risk involved. So looking lean and having a certain amount of lbm (more than attainable naturally) is why you use PEDs.

Why is it important to you to appear lean and muscular (moreso than most who are natural)? I would imagine it’s because it makes you feel good about yourself, confident, strong, capable, etc. Right? At the end of the day, it is about the positive effect on your mood, if you’re like most who use PEDs but don’t compete. Not that most competitors are excluded, gear users appreciate good feelings (dopamine), enough to have “feel good compounds“ as you mentioned.

Drug users take drugs to feel a certain way, including most PED users.

Lol all your questions are very clearly answered in the article. It’s a 3 minute read. But yes, agree to disagree.
Read it, still think the amount was silly. The attorney spoke of “righting wrongs”, how much of that $2m punitive award was shared with previous “victims” (quotation marks intentionally meant to be derisive)? Was an attempt even made?

I feel the family shouldn't get a dime, however, I heard that the packaging/label of the dose was very poor which would lead to over-dosing so the company would have liability in that case.
We studied the Mcdonalds case in my MBA class and I remember the adult spilled it on a kids lap and the kids need surgery since the skin came off. Several painful surgeries and the coffee was much hotter that it was supposed to be.
Lately, I've seen some very poor labels on the THC gummies and other supplements that would lead an average intelligent person to overdose. Companies are liable for the directions provided. You see these tiny smudged labels for directions that requires magnifying glass.

Read it, still think the amount was silly. The attorney spoke of “righting wrongs”, how much of that $2m punitive award was shared with previous “victims” (quotation marks intentionally meant to be derisive)? Was an attempt even made?
I’m not sure, but the punitive award was reduced to $480k for a total of $640k. They ended up settling for an undisclosed amount, I assume less.

I’m not a legal expert but I’d guess that since it wasn’t a class action lawsuit the other people who were burned weren’t entitled to anything. The money from the settlement was used for the woman’s care anyway, I don’t think there was much left over to share. Incident happened at 79 and she died at 91.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131