over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Arnold Classic '24 Mega thread

The last callout was John, Sampson, Akim, Hadi, Rafael.

That's your top 5.
WOW @ Akim Williams

If any of you know or have ever met Akim, one of the nicest people you will ever talk to, quiet guy but humble as hell and just a kind human being. Really happy for him tonight especially after shoulder surgery.
Well despite that weird last callout I guess when scores were tallied and highs and lows thrown out James had enough points from prejudging to pull out the 5th place finish.
6th - Akim
5th - James
4th - John D
3rd - Rafael
2nd - Sampson
1st - Hadi

Good move up for James Hollingshead. His structure will always limit him but he's going to keep making incremental improvements.

Good step on the comeback trail for Jon De La Rosa. He turns 40 this year and has said he won't be competing much longer so you know this means a lot to him.

Rafael Brandao finally proves his size isn't a hindrance. He has a great physique and I hope he continues to improve his placings.

Hadi Choopan - what can you say? It was never in question.

With Samson Dauda I want to say he needs more time with all the size he added so quickly but he's already mid-30s. I think his physique is absolutely insane and could be a world-beater if he puts those final pieces together.

Is this Akim Williams' best placing at the Arnold or Olympia? It's good to see him do well since his career's likely in the latter stages. I watched a lot of his training videos back in the day.

And the Arnold upping prize money to $500,000 next year - does the Olympia increase next year to remain the top show or does it hope guys still compete just because it's the Olympia?

Very impressed with the overall level. Hadi was a clear winner and it went exactly like I thought. Samson has done amazing in the last few years but he needs to address a few issues if he wants to be the best in the world. The lower abs I think is a combination of things and not just due to something done in the final few days. Although the insulin and loading protocol definitely didn't help. I think it will be a reoccurring theme with Milos unless he changes his approach for him. The rest of the guys all looked great and I am happy for James and Akim. Rafael has improved a lot and he has a lot of potential moving forward. Jon really impressed me and he looks great on stage and finished a little higher than I expected. Even the guys placing out of the top 6 (excluding Horse) looked good and brought it in one way or another.

And the Arnold upping prize money to $500,000 next year - does the Olympia increase next year to remain the top show or does it hope guys still compete just because it's the Olympia
I thought the same thing as soon as I heard that. Makes me wonder if this was the first Manion heard of it. Regardless, I would think we will hear an announcement about the Olympia soon. They don't want to be second to anyone.

This was a great show and great stream overall. Stage lighting and commentary for the other divisions could have been improved, but super happy with what we got to watch this year. IFBB and all the staff involved in running the show did a good job. Congratulations to Hadi on a well deserved victory; his conditioning was just freaky.

Good move up for James Hollingshead. His structure will always limit him but he's going to keep making incremental improvements.

Good step on the comeback trail for Jon De La Rosa. He turns 40 this year and has said he won't be competing much longer so you know this means a lot to him.

Rafael Brandao finally proves his size isn't a hindrance. He has a great physique and I hope he continues to improve his placings.

Hadi Choopan - what can you say? It was never in question.

With Samson Dauda I want to say he needs more time with all the size he added so quickly but he's already mid-30s. I think his physique is absolutely insane and could be a world-beater if he puts those final pieces together.

Is this Akim Williams' best placing at the Arnold or Olympia? It's good to see him do well since his career's likely in the latter stages. I watched a lot of his training videos back in the day.
I think Akim's best placing was 6th at the Olympia.

All I know after watching this show reality hit, I'm a fucking runt compared to these guys 😭. I'll just stick to being big to my gym bros 😩.

Lauralie Chapados wins Bikini at the 2024 Arnold Classic Threepeator! She looked amazing hands down against anyone else.

Props to Diogo Montenegro love he teared up for Men's Physique winner with Arnold.

Ok it was a no brainer Hadi Choopan Wins the 2024 Arnold Classic. He looked fantastic pre and post show.

The highlight of the show was Arnold pledging half a million at the 2025 Arnold Classic. I mean...C'mon this show is growing way bigger than the Olympia.

Please for the love of god! Stop using the conan theme song. I used it for my first show over 30 years ago. Literally I heard dozens of competitors use it at the same show. I've never used it again.

I’ll probably take some hate for making this comparison but he was one hell of a bodybuilder so it’s not hating.

The more I watch Samson evolve and especially at this Arnold the more he looks like and reminds me of Dennis Wolf.

Similar look, build and won an Arnold but never cracked the top placings at the O. Also coached by Milos of course.
Love Dennis, and great comparo

Wolf had to battle peak Jay, Phil, Kai, Bonac etc. '12,'13,'14 were Wolf's best. That 3rd at the O was such a great showing for him.

Loved Jay Cutlers "Life Time Achievement" award! Loved his speech and recognition to Ronnie Coleman on stage for making him a better bodybuilder. Jay chased him for years until he finally won. Classic and respectful competitor in the sport.

I am with you on this one. Insulin is ruining these guys physiques.

Hypothetical here- how do we think Samson would have came in if he was being prepped by Hany… 🤔

When I first saw classic yesterday I was blown away by Wesley, but even he pushed the lines with insulin as his midsection and vacuum on stage was not as impressive as the other guys IMO.
I never understood the insulin blurring lines theory, care to share briefly the reasoning?

The prize money for everyone else besides open is pretty shitty. Olympia winners in other division get like 5x as much as the Arnold's. Increasing the prize for men's open winner is pretty weak move he should increase the prize money for the other classes too.

I never understood the insulin blurring lines theory, care to share briefly the reasoning?
Everyone wants to dodge the subject, but I’ll take the heat and answer it as I have been on both sides of it. I’ve worked with Milos and yes do still selectively use insulin now.

Excess insulin AND carbs (it’s both) will in layman’s terms cause the body to hold and carry more fat in ALL places.

Sure you get an anabolic response and a ton of shuttled glycogen and nutrients, BUT you also get the excess fat storage if overdone.

Abuse food with insulin and watch as you lose control of your midsection, your lines and graininess fade bc of this. But the hardest part is dieting all that fat off.

Insulin is a very powerful tool, but like any compound if you abuse it there is a price to pay.

Competitors walk the fine line with HGH and insulin amounts and other things to try and offset while nailing that “right” look. Guys like Hadi as we see at the Arnold here can do it very well. Once you know the look it’s easy to spot IMO.

Coaches and Vets feel free to add or correct me as I know it’s a taboo topic on here. And we all know I’m NOT against insulin used right.

The prize money for everyone else besides open is pretty shitty. Olympia winners in other division get like 5x as much as the Arnold's. Increasing the prize for men's open winner is pretty weak move he should increase the prize money for the other classes too.
Open brings in the most money. Hence more money for open guys. No one is tuning in for MP respectfully

Look how dry and crisp his abs are!
Yes absolutely perfect as it gets.

That's why I get a little testy when I hear
'We all do this shit for nothing' comment lol

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member