over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Arnold Classic '24 Mega thread

Anyone got a good link to pics from the show? Curious to see how everyone looked.

I'm going to get flamed on this one, but that's okay. I know 1, 2, and 3 were all straight scored, but I'd put Rafael in 2nd and Samson in 3rd. I don't care how "big" he was. Rafael was better conditioned, had better symmetry, and comparable structure and didn't look like he hadn't taken a dump in a week.

Yeah, I know nobody is going to agree, and that's okay, but Samson has ALL of the tools, but that look just wasn't it.

Also, that Antoine didn't win Best Poser was laughable.

I'm going to get flamed on this one, but that's okay. I know 1, 2, and 3 were all straight scored, but I'd put Rafael in 2nd and Samson in 3rd. I don't care how "big" he was. Rafael was better conditioned, had better symmetry, and comparable structure and didn't look like he hadn't taken a dump in a week.

Yeah, I know nobody is going to agree, and that's okay, but Samson has ALL of the tools, but that look just wasn't it.

Definitely agree on Antoine. That was a shame. Really cool routine. The only one I remember from the open, actually.

I don’t think that’s a crazy take. I love Sampson but he always looks like you can grab a chunk of mid section - it’s why he’ll never win The O.

I wouldn't write him off just yet. If he brings a total package together he could do some damage. Though I looked at some photos of the 2023 Mr.O and his high lat insertions almost from same angles make is back appear like it needs serious work. Most though you can't tell. He's still the guy I root for though! I'd love to see him grab it one year at least

Loved Jay Cutlers "Life Time Achievement" award! Loved his speech and recognition to Ronnie Coleman on stage for making him a better bodybuilder. Jay chased him for years until he finally won. Classic and respectful competitor in the sport.

He even had words for Cormier, Branch and Victor, who he said was the 2007 champion.

So guys you think hadi would have beat derek with this version?

I thought the O was super close and could have gone either way but I would have picked Hadi so this improved version definitely would have won the O. Although you can't really look back like that because I am sure Derek would feel he would be improved from the O if he had competed this weekend.

Hadi is miles ahead of the rest, the fight is for second place between Samson and Rafael, who has made massive improvements.

Bodybuilding-1st-Callout-750x267.jpg

st-Call-out-Mens-open.jpg

Third-Callout--750x395.jpg

top-2.jpg

unnamed-77-.jpg

unnamed-76-.jpg
when I first looked at just that top pic I thought Samson would win. The height is a huge advantage. After looking at more photos- I can see why he placed second. This is strictly from the pics asi haven’t seen the posing routines.

Akim improved a lot from one day to the next, that second call was of a very high level.

Antoine's routine was special, he is very inspiring bringing what he brings.

Samson is a great poser and it's a more classic style, I can hardly see him not getting the best poser award.

when I first looked at just that top pic I thought Samson would win. The height is a huge advantage. After looking at more photos- I can see why he placed second. This is strictly from the pics asi haven’t seen the posing routines.

The last callout was John, Sampson, Akim, Hadi, Rafael.

That's your top 5.
WOW @ Akim Williams

If any of you know or have ever met Akim, one of the nicest people you will ever talk to, quiet guy but humble as hell and just a kind human being. Really happy for him tonight especially after shoulder surgery.
I did a show with him in NY back in 2012 or 2013 (before he turned pro) … I remember when he took his hoodie off backstage everyone was staring lol he was a FREAK.

I would agree. All I saw when I looked at Samson was “big”, but the other two guys were sharp as hell and the total package.

I go back to my original hypothetical above- how would Samson look if Hany or AJ brought him into this show… I’d venture to say we’d see a totally different look.

I for one hope he resets and dials that look in for the O no matter who his coach is.

Less than 2 weeks for the Arnold UK! A chance for Hadi to collect more cheddar and for Samson to close the gap some more 🤞🏾(hopefully)

I wonder if more guys might try to jump in? The list is pretty light

Lauralie Chapados wins Bikini at the 2024 Arnold Classic Threepeator! She looked amazing hands down against anyone else.

Props to Diogo Montenegro love he teared up for Men's Physique winner with Arnold.

Ok it was a no brainer Hadi Choopan Wins the 2024 Arnold Classic. He looked fantastic pre and post show.

The highlight of the show was Arnold pledging half a million at the 2025 Arnold Classic. I mean...C'mon this show is growing way bigger than the Olympia.

Please for the love of god! Stop using the conan theme song. I used it for my first show over 30 years ago. Literally I heard dozens of competitors use it at the same show. I've never used it again.
lauralie is a goddess and great stage presence, awesome smile
was not impressed with the men's classic winner
lol @ arnold comment about physique guys hitting legs now - subtle torch slash complement.

glad to see this event and operation growing

So winning money at a show or winning money via a lottery, or making gains on a sale of a secondary, non-primary residence, all kinda gets lumped into "supplementary" income which is subject to full capital gains tax owing, from what I understand. This is because you can't consistently make those types of earnings year after year as a standard salary would be. Does that make sense kinda? As a full-time bodybuilding professional, you're gonna need a good tax man and a lot of expense deductions to lessen the blow of capital gains tax brackets.

I'm not an accountant, but I have been raped a few times on real estate transactions, and rapings tend to teach you a lot lol
get that broker license my boy! :)

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ATP44