advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2 lbs of chicken breast per day, Blah...

2.2 lbs chicken breast, I tin of tuna. I dice up my chicken brest and boil it and split it over 7 meals. Just mix it in with my rice, veg and choped yo banana

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

A lot of eggs, milk, protein shakes and greek yogurt. Im sick of meat.

Lol was gona say the same

He must be trolling haha

350 protein is the minimum any one on here should be eating per day

How much protein do you REALLY need per day to build muscle? Chances are that you may be actually overeating. But how much is enough to help maintain and build muscle?
Is there a limit per meal that the body can use? Lets get started with 2 more recent studies that currently have many high protein eating bodybuilding communities panicking…
Six healthy young men reported to the laboratory on 5 separate occasions to perform an intense bout of leg-based resistance exercise. After exercise, participants consumed, in a randomized order, drinks containing 0, 5, 10, 20, or 40g whole egg protein. Protein synthesis and whole-body leucine oxidation were measured over 4 h after exercise by a primed constant infusion of leucine.

APS increased in a dose-dependent manner and also reached a plateau at 20g ingested protein. Leucine oxidation was significantly increased after 20 and 40g protein were ingested.

Ingestion of 20 g intact protein is sufficient to maximally stimulate MPS and APS after resistance exercise. Phosphorylation of candidate signaling proteins was not enhanced with any dose of protein ingested, which suggested that the stimulation of MPS after resistance exercise may be related to amino acid availability. Finally, dietary protein consumed after exercise in excess of the rate at which it can be incorporated into tissue protein stimulates irreversible oxidation.

Source: Ingested protein dose response of muscle and albumin synthesis after resistance exercise in young men

and here’s another one
This study sought to compare changes in muscle protein synthesis and anabolic efficiency in response to a single moderate serving (113 g; 220 kcal; 30 g protein) or large serving (340 g; 660 kcal; 90 g protein) of 90% lean beef.

Mixed muscle fractional synthesis rate was calculated during a 3-hour postabsorptive period and for 5 hours after meal ingestion. A 113-g serving of lean beef increased muscle protein synthesis by approximately 50% in both young and older volunteers. Despite a threefold increase in protein and energy content, there was no further increase in protein synthesis after ingestion of 340 g lean beef in either age group. Ingestion of more than 30 g protein in a single meal does not further enhance the stimulation of muscle protein synthesis in young and elderly.

Source: A Moderate Serving of High-Quality Protein Maximally Stimulates Skeletal Muscle Protein Synthesis in Young and Elderly Subjects; Journal of the American Dietetic Association, Volume 109, Issue 9, Pages 1582-1586

How much protein do you REALLY need per day to build muscle? Chances are that you may be actually overeating. But how much is enough to help maintain and build muscle?

Is there a limit per meal that the body can use? Lets get started with 2 more recent studies that currently have many high protein eating bodybuilding communities panicking…

Six healthy young men reported to the laboratory on 5 separate occasions to perform an intense bout of leg-based resistance exercise. After exercise, participants consumed, in a randomized order, drinks containing 0, 5, 10, 20, or 40g whole egg protein. Protein synthesis and whole-body leucine oxidation were measured over 4 h after exercise by a primed constant infusion of leucine.

APS increased in a dose-dependent manner and also reached a plateau at 20g ingested protein. Leucine oxidation was significantly increased after 20 and 40g protein were ingested.

Ingestion of 20 g intact protein is sufficient to maximally stimulate MPS and APS after resistance exercise. Phosphorylation of candidate signaling proteins was not enhanced with any dose of protein ingested, which suggested that the stimulation of MPS after resistance exercise may be related to amino acid availability. Finally, dietary protein consumed after exercise in excess of the rate at which it can be incorporated into tissue protein stimulates irreversible oxidation.

Source: Ingested protein dose response of muscle and albumin synthesis after resistance exercise in young men

and here’s another one

This study sought to compare changes in muscle protein synthesis and anabolic efficiency in response to a single moderate serving (113 g; 220 kcal; 30 g protein) or large serving (340 g; 660 kcal; 90 g protein) of 90% lean beef.

Mixed muscle fractional synthesis rate was calculated during a 3-hour postabsorptive period and for 5 hours after meal ingestion. A 113-g serving of lean beef increased muscle protein synthesis by approximately 50% in both young and older volunteers. Despite a threefold increase in protein and energy content, there was no further increase in protein synthesis after ingestion of 340 g lean beef in either age group. Ingestion of more than 30 g protein in a single meal does not further enhance the stimulation of muscle protein synthesis in young and elderly.

Source: A Moderate Serving of High-Quality Protein Maximally Stimulates Skeletal Muscle Protein Synthesis in Young and Elderly Subjects; Journal of the American Dietetic Association, Volume 109, Issue 9, Pages 1582-1586

I don't care about studies I care about real results, I used to eat around 200 pro and was stuck at a weight, I was told to up it to 350 pro, and I did and I stated gaining muscle again.

I'll get on the phone to ALL the heavy/super heavyies and tell them there doing it wrong

Tom, I've seen you advocate this type of eating for some time here. Question, what are your stats? What are your goals: health, longevity, gaining mass, maintaining what you have? In the studies you mentioned, were ANY of the guys on PED's?
The problem that I personally have with these organizations is this: they still teach the food pyramid as the best way to eat! We have dieticians who push this to people, they do it in schools and we then wonder what's wrong with people

What do you all season your ground turkey and ground beef?

Josh Hatfield

per day:
- 1 egg meal
- 1 lean beef meal
- 1 lean ground turkey meal
- 3 to 4 whey shakes

this post shows how much a lot of folks on this board over think the diet thing... love the simplicity of Shelby's posts.

A lot of eggs, milk, protein shakes and greek yogurt. Im sick of meat.

Thankfully, I'm hardly EVER sick of meat but I do like to mix in some different protein sources for variety. I will have to look into trying greek yogurt I always here about it from fitness guys on youtube. But for right now, just buying whey protein in different flavors(that actually tastes good) is a good alternative. But like I said, I'm all carnivore, give me the meat!

Chicken breast and 99% turkey breast are relatively equal in my book so they are both my main sources along with eggs and beef. Will throw in pork for cheats. Also have peptopro and whey on training days only.

I don't care about studies I care about real results, I used to eat around 200 pro and was stuck at a weight, I was told to up it to 350 pro, and I did and I stated gaining muscle again.

I'll get on the phone to ALL the heavy/super heavyies and tell them there doing it wrong

You increased calories, of course you're going to gain weight. If you had increased healthy fats the same amount of calories and kept your protein the same you would have looked even better.

You increased calories, of course you're going to gain weight. If you had increased healthy fats the same amount of calories and kept your protein the same you would have looked even better.

This should be easy... you post up a few known bbers that recommend 100g protein per day.... then ill post up ones that eat protein 1-3g per lb and we will compare results. .. without even picking people outside PM ill name bigA, bboy, Tp4U,johnny smiles, flex, queefer, Emeric, phil, dante, achim, anthrogreek, xjpx, etc etc.... ok, your turn

This should be easy... you post up a few known bbers that recommend 100g protein per day.... then ill post up ones that eat protein 1-3g per lb and we will compare results. .. without even picking people outside PM ill name bigA, bboy, Tp4U,johnny smiles, flex, queefer, Emeric, phil, dante, achim, anthrogreek, xjpx, etc etc.... ok, your turn

They would look the same or better on low protein and high fat. We have no way of proving that. Without a willingness to experiment which none of you apparently have it's your loss. Good friend of mine went from 212 to 230 on this diet and got leaner at that weight in 3 weeks. Think what you want. I will continue to follow and advocate this diet.

per day:
- 1 egg meal
- 1 lean beef meal
- 3 to 4 whey shakes

It's nice to see other people drinking 3-4 shakes a day. A lot of people I know don't believe in more than 1-2 shakes a day which I find to be utter crap.

per day:

- 1 egg meal

- 1 lean beef meal

- 3 to 4 whey shakes

Dang pretty much exactly what I do, I love the 99% lean ground turkey with taco seasoning

I just don't do the beef meal, I have 2 egg white meals a day typically

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner