over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Abnormal heart rate recovery after exercise is a predictor of mortality

Thought I would bump this again for newer members.

It is relevant to me now because I have been having trouble with my heart going into ventricular tachycardia while exercising. In the past this hardly ever happened to me. It is happening now at a much lower threshold.

Ive been wearing a heart rate monitor to the gym. I use a band around my chest since those are more accurate than the wrist, the brand is Garmin. For anyone concerned with their heart, having one of these is a good tool. You can see your heart rate in real time as you exercise. I use it mostly for recovery. Lets me know if I pushed too hard and tells me when it might be safe for me to do my next set. Heart rate recovery for me is just ok now, not great.

Just last week I must have not rested long enough and my heart got stuck at the rate of 135 bpm, that lasted 2 and a half hours before it stopped. I was close to having my wife run me to the ER for another cardioversion.

I was on 400 Deca and 400 Test E. Ate some bad food at a restaurant that apparently gave me acid reflux (which I've never had before). It caused my esophagus to spasm apparently. I went to the ER after 6 hrs. I honestly worried myself honestly sick until I had x rays and stress test. Never been so scared in my life. Quit the cycle. Not worth it honestly. Resting heart rate was 90s and blood pressure was 125/75 which is high for me on both. I feel like crap at 135/85 honestly. Now I'm back at 110/65 75bpm resting 65bpm at night. Screw messing with the heart.... Doing 20mcg igf1-lr3 and that's it....

I was on 400 Deca and 400 Test E. Ate some bad food at a restaurant that apparently gave me acid reflux (which I've never had before). It caused my esophagus to spasm apparently. I went to the ER after 6 hrs. I honestly worried myself honestly sick until I had x rays and stress test. Never been so scared in my life. Quit the cycle. Not worth it honestly. Resting heart rate was 90s and blood pressure was 125/75 which is high for me on both. I feel like crap at 135/85 honestly. Now I'm back at 110/65 75bpm resting 65bpm at night. Screw messing with the heart.... Doing 20mcg igf1-lr3 and that's it....

Anyone know what sides igf1-lr3 has on the heart? I took it for a few months a long time ago when it first came out. It seemed pretty powerful to me and I was happy with the results. I feel like I might have been retaining a bit of water on it , but not bad. I don't remember BP getting too high. Don't remember the dose I took. I would just worry about it causing hypertrophy of the heart muscle.

From what I've read igf1-lr3s mode of action is to actually increase muscle cell count (hyperplasia). It can also help reduce cell death? Some peptides such as BPC-157 and TB-500 may actually help regenerate heart tissue..... I personally cant wait for the human clinical trials to finish.

Good article here about a study. The article appears to not be up anymore, still something you should keep in mind. Sure to be more studies on the net if you search.

here is the article:

**broken link removed**

Maldorf,

The posted link directs me to an error page stating "502 Bad Gateway". Is there another link?

thanx,

Pissbrain

Maldorf,

The posted link directs me to an error page stating "502 Bad Gateway". Is there another link?

thanx,

Pissbrain
Yeah, I know it. Sucks. I don't know of it being available anywhere else. It was a good study/article too.

This is the accompanying summary for patients:

What is the problem and what is known about it so far?

Researchers have shown that the time it takes for the heart rate to return to normal after exercise (heart rate recovery) is associated with a person's risk for death. The longer it takes for the heart rate to return to normal, the greater the risk for death. This relation has been demonstrated only in people with known cardiovascular disease. It is unknown, however, whether the same relation between heart rate recovery and risk for death exists in healthy people.

Why did the researchers do this particular study?

The researchers wanted to find out whether, in healthy adults, the time it takes for heart rate to return to normal after exercise is associated with the risk for death.

Who was studied?

The researchers studied 5234 adults who had no known cardiovascular disease and were participating in a large study of the frequency of high cholesterol levels in people who live in North America.

How was the study done?

The researchers had each person in the study exercise on a treadmill according to a standard protocol. The researchers had the people exercise until they reached 85% to 90% of the predicted maximum heart rate for a person their age. They then recorded the fastest heart rate that the patient had during this exercise and the heart rate 2 minutes later. Heart rate recovery was the difference between these two heart rates. If the heart rate did not slow by at least 42 beats per minute during this 2-minute period, the person was considered to have abnormal heart rate recovery. The researchers then followed patients for an average of 12 years to see who died.

What did the researchers find?

Even after accounting for other risk factors for death, people who had abnormal heart rate recovery were still 1.5 times more likely to die than people who had normal heart rate recovery.

What were the limitations of the study?

This study does not explain why heart rate recovery is associated with the risk for death. It also does not tell us whether improving heart rate recovery by fitness training or some other means would decrease a person's risk of death.

What are the implications of the study?

Heart rate recovery is a relatively simple measure that can help predict the risk for death. It may make sense to include this measure into the routine interpretation of exercise tests.
**broken link removed**

This is the authors' conclusion (can't share the entire paper due to legal reasons):

Heart rate recovery after submaximal exercise was a powerful predictor of mortality in a population-based cohort of adults without clinically evident cardiovascular disease, even after we adjusted for multiple, potentially confounding factors. These findings confirm the results of our previous study (1) and expand them by demonstrating the prognostic importance of heart rate recovery in healthy persons undergoing submaximal, as opposed to symptom-limited, exercise testing. Heart rate recovery may therefore be a clinically relevant predictor of risk among patients undergoing screening exercise testing. Furthermore, because an abnormal heart rate recovery accounted for 15% of deaths, this measure may be useful for insurance underwriting assessments.

It has been suggested that the link between heart rate recovery and mortality may be related to vagal tone and physical fitness (12). We also noted an association between fitness levels and recovery heart rate; participants with abnormal heart rate recovery were less likely to exercise regularly and to participate in strenuous exercise (Table 1).

It should be noted that heart rates during recovery were not measured until 2 minutes had elapsed; thus, we could not directly compare data from this study with those obtained in our previous study (1), in which 1-minute recovery heart rate was assessed. It is not known whether the observed findings would also have applied to patients who declined to take the exercise test. The Lipid Research Clinics exercise database is more than 20 years old; nonetheless, the exercise treadmill techniques used were very similar to those used today. The vasodilators used during the 1970s differed greatly from those used today, especially with regard to calcium-channel blockers.

We show that heart rate recovery is a simple-tomeasure predictor of mortality in a populationbased cohort undergoing submaximal exercise. Consideration should be given to its incorporation into routine exercise test interpretation.

Interesting how the authors say that the abnormal heart rate recovery relationship to death is so strong that it can be useful in insurance underwriting assessments.

Excellent information

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
reachbusinessdirectdubai@
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity