over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone Trying Fortitude Training?

I purchased the book and was first thinking what a lot of people seem to think:

"It's just a Titan Training ripoff"

As someone who also owns a copy of the Titan Training Manual, I found myself agreeing with Scott about the shortcomings of the original program. Muscle rounds were impossible with the prescribed loads, in particular.

The way I see Fortitude Training now is as a book that took what Titan Training tried to do and made it work. Every tweak Scott made was for good reason and makes sense. The different levels lets you choose which path suits you at the current time. It's most definitely not a one-size-fits-all routine like TT was.

I'm a fan of Leo Costa's earlier routines; Size Surge was phenomenal when I started lifting and BBB continued to give really good results. TT just burned me out hard, so I'm excited to give Fortitude Training a try when my back heals up.

FT

I am into my third week of FT; my recommendation is to start with the Basic plan which hits each body part 3x per week. High achievers see the ramped up program which is called the Turbo that hits each body part 4x per week and feel they need to jump on it for the best possible gains. The basic doesn't seem like a lot when reviewing it but once you get warmed up and then start working your way thru the workout and then thru the week you realize that a slow break in to the program will allow for steady progression and an opportunity to learn the process. This work out is not for beginners!

i will be starting it in my rebound phase after next comp, the book is incredibly well written and informative, hardly surprising if anyone knows Scott :) , looking at it, as someone who loves low volume high frequency - i am excited to get it going

i will be starting it in my rebound phase after next comp, the book is incredibly well written and informative, hardly surprising if anyone knows Scott :) , looking at it, as someone who loves low volume high frequency - i am excited to get it going

Jordan! What's up man?

You are gonna look scary veiny after some of those pump sets brother!

Hope you are doing well

I started it last week. This is my first full real offseason since a surgery in Feb 2011. So far, it's very encouraging as it allows exercises that had to be removed due to injury/prevention to have a second chance at being productive.

I started it last week. This is my first full real offseason since a surgery in Feb 2011. So far, it's very encouraging as it allows exercises that had to be removed due to injury/prevention to have a second chance at being productive.

Phoenix, aside from the fact that im actually getting noticeably results. Having some old favorite exercises back in my life is what I love about the program.

It's good to see how many guys (and girl :p) are digging in and
giving FT a try.

I'd never would have guessed that training a body part 4 days a week
would be so productive.

At ~ the 6 week point, you will probably experience some taxing.
Just go to cruise mode for a week or 2 and hit it hard again.

Be interesting for you guys to share your workouts and how you package them together. No need to list warm-ups or weight used.

I think it'll be helpful for those just getting started. Plus we can all learn together.

-MT

I've been logging mine in the Log forum.
Just finished week 5. I'm hitting it for 6 weeks and then cruising.

I was just reviewing the TT manual the other day and planned on giving it a go next month. I'm glad I came across this thread. Going to buy the book tonight and use this instead. Very interested in how this program works around injuries. My left should has been hurting lately, but I've been working through it. Would love to find a program that allows me to make gains and give the shoulder a chance to heal.

What book is this?^^^^ id be interested to give it a read!

Sent from my iPP using Tapatrash

I was just reviewing the TT manual the other day and planned on giving it a go next month. I'm glad I came across this thread. Going to buy the book tonight and use this instead. Very interested in how this program works around injuries. My left should has been hurting lately, but I've been working through it. Would love to find a program that allows me to make gains and give the shoulder a chance to heal.

If you need any help with working around injuries either ask MT or I. Or read some of the post in the Think Tank. For shoulder injuries (pressing bothers mine) switching the loading exercises to pre fatigue, and banded work great.

TT is a good program, from what I read, but Fortitude is more rounded.

Last edited:
It's an E-book.

I put the link on the 1st page.

-MT

Thanks i bought it today and talke to scott a few times today! Will look it over !!

Sent from my iPP using Tapatrash

As with all methods if training have nothing to do with volume or sets or exercises . How you perform each repetition and set is what defines the intensity . Not the method

I purchased the book and was first thinking what a lot of people seem to think:

"It's just a Titan Training ripoff"

As someone who also owns a copy of the Titan Training Manual, I found myself agreeing with Scott about the shortcomings of the original program. Muscle rounds were impossible with the prescribed loads, in particular.

The way I see Fortitude Training now is as a book that took what Titan Training tried to do and made it work. Every tweak Scott made was for good reason and makes sense. The different levels lets you choose which path suits you at the current time. It's most definitely not a one-size-fits-all routine like TT was.

I'm a fan of Leo Costa's earlier routines; Size Surge was phenomenal when I started lifting and BBB continued to give really good results. TT just burned me out hard, so I'm excited to give Fortitude Training a try when my back heals up.

Nothing really rips off any other. You will find that no matter what method you go with . The human body functions the same. Pretty much every training method was defined as something else in a different generation. Only difference today as there are emg and MRI studies that support the success they have on human subjects . I say that cuz so many people with nominal exoerience training wear out the whole study bullshit , not realizing that in many other areas of BB no authentic study exists as using birds or rats do not compare to bodybuilders . Leo costa followed the Bulgarian methods which have been proven over in Eastern Europe when they kicked our asses in Olympic lifting decades ago

Hi Ket,

I'm not quite certain I understand your point and please don't take that as being disrespectful.

But all programs aren't equal in intensity.
Some programs can be done with super high intensity, but that doesn't
necessarily result in the same net gain as another program.

Intensity, volume, and frequency are all important factors which must constantly be changed through a wide variety of exercises and worked through a specific methodology.

Intensity is a key ingredient. But it is not the only factor in producing muscle growth.

-MT

Nothing really rips off any other. You will find that no matter what method you go with . The human body functions the same. Pretty much every training method was defined as something else in a different generation. Only difference today as there are emg and MRI studies that support the success they have on human subjects . I say that cuz so many people with nominal exoerience training wear out the whole study bullshit , not realizing that in many other areas of BB no authentic study exists as using birds or rats do not compare to bodybuilders . Leo costa followed the Bulgarian methods which have been proven over in Eastern Europe when they kicked our asses in Olympic lifting decades ago

Load and Pump Days Turbo Level lll

Here's an example of Days 1 and 2 that I recently did:

Load

Flex Lewis Ham Curls (on knees, body upright) with extra Band Resistance
Smith Squats with Chains
Iso-Lateral Leg Ext with extra Band Res

Pump
DB Incline Hex Press with extra Band Res
Cable Cross Over (no handles, hold the cable ball)
Iso Lateral HS Lat Pull
Rope Long Range
EZ Uprights to Sternum
Hanging Leg Raise
DB Seated Bi Curls done unilaterally
DB Tri Kick Backs " "

Day 2 Load

Powertec Bench Incline Reverse Band
DB Flat Bench
DB Flat Flye
Powertec Bench Decline Reverse Band
Smith Rows
Smith Deads
Chins
Close Mag Grip Long Range
Powertec Front Press
Standing DB Side Laterals
BB Press
Rev Pec Dec

Pump

Seated Leg Curls
Front Squats
Hacks with close stance
Standing Calf

-MT

Here's an example of Days 1 and 2 that I recently did:

Load

Flex Lewis Ham Curls (on knees, body upright) with extra Band Resistance
Smith Squats with Chains
Iso-Lateral Leg Ext with extra Band Res

Pump
DB Incline Hex Press with extra Band Res
Cable Cross Over (no handles, hold the cable ball)
Iso Lateral HS Lat Pull
Rope Long Range
EZ Uprights to Sternum
Hanging Leg Raise
DB Seated Bi Curls done unilaterally
DB Tri Kick Backs " "

Day 2 Load

Powertec Bench Incline Reverse Band
DB Flat Bench
DB Flat Flye
Powertec Bench Decline Reverse Band
Smith Rows
Smith Deads
Chins
Close Mag Grip Long Range
Powertec Front Press
Standing DB Side Laterals
BB Press
Rev Pec Dec

Pump

Seated Leg Curls
Front Squats
Hacks with close stance
Standing Calf

-MT

MT or Scott, correct me if I am wrong, but I thought for upper loading you only select 2 exercises for each bodypart and go back and forth?

How many sets are you doing for each exercise on the upper loading MT?

Chest, Back and Shoulders on Turbo 3, it calls for 4 exercises for each.

-MT

MT or Scott, correct me if I am wrong, but I thought for upper loading you only select 2 exercises for each bodypart and go back and forth?

How many sets are you doing for each exercise on the upper loading MT?

Chest, Back and Shoulders on Turbo 3, it calls for 4 exercises for each.

-MT

I actually believe it calls for two exercises each performed for multiple sets. See page 89 for an example.

I could be reading wrong, but that is how I take it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131