over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone Trying Fortitude Training?

Sh./Abs -- what is this? I thought maybe shoulders and abs? But then he calls for "Delts" on day 2?

Im confused by the book to be honest, and scott told me to start out on teir 1 as ive had and still have a few injuries, can u post up (sorry if u have already) an example of ur workout while on teir 1?

Sent from my iPP using Tapatrash

I did?...

If so, I've got to retract that (if I said it). Your email to me (as I read it) suggested you were PAST those injuries, not that you STILL have them.

I wouldn't suggest anyone start a new training program when they still have injuries, especially not FT...

I'd get those figured out first, man, for sure. Most definitely. Without a doubt. :)

-S

Sh./Abs -- what is this? I thought maybe shoulders and abs? But then he calls for "Delts" on day 2?

Shrugs/abs?

You train most muscle groups directly 3 times / week on the Basic Version (4x on Turbo).

Sh/Abs = Shoulders and Abs.

(Just having the Overview Sheets won't probably be enough if you've not read the book. If you're willing to spend the time, you might be able to decipher from the posts here on on my board what to do.)

-S

I did?...

If so, I've got to retract that (if I said it). Your email to me (as I read it) suggested you were PAST those injuries, not that you STILL have them.

I wouldn't suggest anyone start a new training program when they still have injuries, especially not FT...

I'd get those figured out first, man, for sure. Most definitely. Without a doubt. :)

-S

Ok cool thanks S, for clearing that up for me, its not that i still have hernias they have just never been the same for years since i had surgery, either one of them, and my shoulds have been weak for years, im always trying to bring them up, so ill look into something a bit less strenuous.... For now muhahaha

Sent from my iPP using Tapatrash

You train most muscle groups directly 3 times / week on the Basic Version (4x on Turbo).

Sh/Abs = Shoulders and Abs.

(Just having the Overview Sheets won't probably be enough if you've not read the book. If you're willing to spend the time, you might be able to decipher from the posts here on on my board what to do.)

-S

Purchased and read the book. I was just looking for clarification of what the Sh. abbreviation is. Pretty sure this is not in the book.

Is there a difference between shoulders and delts in terms of exercises selection? Are you calling for more pressing type stuff with one vs the other? Or are you just using Sh. delts interchangeably?

JRock,

How I read it is Sh -Shoulders - using a compound pressing movement.

Delts, I think of lateral raises, front raises, rear delts, with lots of variations.

Scott, is this correct?

Now we'll find out for sure ;).

-MT

Purchased and read the book. I was just looking for clarification of what the Sh. abbreviation is. Pretty sure this is not in the book.

Is there a difference between shoulders and delts in terms of exercises selection? Are you calling for more pressing type stuff with one vs the other? Or are you just using Sh. delts interchangeably?

On page 92, you'll see an example of a Tier III Pump Set for shoulders (delts) and abs for Day 1.

I'm generally using shoulders as a colloquialism for deltoid. (The shoulder is a joint, not a muscle or muscle group.)

-S

JRock,

How I read it is Sh -Shoulders - using a compound pressing movement.

Delts, I think of lateral raises, front raises, rear delts, with lots of variations.

Scott, is this correct?

Now we'll find out for sure ;).

-MT

No, that's not a distinction I intended. If anything, on Pump sets for shoulders (delts) (which is where I use the "sh" to refer to delts, I'd tend to shy away from compound pressing movements. (MANY people will find that their go to exercises for loading sets tend to be the compound overhead presses, so better save those for those days / exercises.)

Pumps sets should on a isolation mentality in general, even if using "compound" exercises like those for back and thighs. Pump sets here would to allow that, minimize synergist activation and focus stress on the intended muscle (away from the CNS).

I used "Sh" to abbreviate - it's fewer letters than "delts" - when I was trying to make the Overview Sheets fit on one page.

-S

Bumping this for more discussion

Just finished my 2nd workout of the Intensive Cruise.
The last four weeks of my blast were Tier III basic.

I'm going every other day with the muscle rounds for Tier I for four workouts, then a few days off and back to the blasting.

My next blast may look like this:

One week of tier II, Two weeks of Tier III, then repeat.

I find the workouts fun and intense if you do the right.
I consider the first blast a learning phase in hindsight.
This next one will be a killer.

I just got the book, I look fwd to reading it at work tonite and giving this a go soon.

I'm going every other day with the muscle rounds for Tier I for four workouts, then a few days off and back to the blasting.

Well, we were beat up by week 6 after doing a split of Tier 2 and tier 3 of turbo. One feature I love if that there is tremendous variety in each session. It makes the session go by faster for sure. My girl and I have been training together for about a year and this was the first program she said, I feel really beat up and actually was ready to cruise.

We learned a lot from this blast and now know how to set it up a little better. I can bet I would have gained more this past blast had I modified my nutrition from the start. As I progressed I had to keep upping the kcals to recover. Many people have commented on my fiance's physique saying she actually looks thinner in her waist when in actuality, she is gaining a little weight, but he body is recomping.

I just got the book, I look fwd to reading it at work tonite and giving this a go soon.

Take your time and take notes and then read it again. It is an awesome program IME. Something that it seems you can stick with for a long time and continue to make progress.

Good point Dens.

The second round through is a little smoother and smarter.
I think that FT training somehow creates more "body awareness".

I'm not sure why that is...............but I like it.

On TNation there's some video on doing self myofascial release
and that's helpful as well.

Good stuff,

-MT

I end my cruise this evening, watching the clock to get off work :) I haven't been this excited to hit the gym in a long time, its like going to Disney World :)

The first blast had a learning curve, and I still made great progress...This one's going to be even better!

I did Day 1 yesterday, Day 2 today. Normally after a normal cruise I temporarily loose some strength. This time I added weigh to all my lifts! And the pumps were sick, I felt nauseous during the stretching due to the pumps.

I did Day 1 yesterday, Day 2 today. Normally after a normal cruise I temporarily loose some strength. This time I added weigh to all my lifts! And the pumps were sick, I felt nauseous during the stretching due to the pumps.

How long was your cruise? We are 6 days in...

I'm up a solid 15 lbs, still have defined glutes, vascular and tight abs and defined quads... I actually put on some shirts that were previously loose on my arms and now they are tight. My lats have some meat to them as well.

It took some time to find the right diet (macro wise) for me and never did I expect to be hovering around 5k calories a day , that's 4 700 - 800kcal meals, one 1000+ kcal meal (PWO), one or two 300kcal shakes, 300kcals intra w/o and a 700kcal meal at 2am

I poop a lot lol

How long was your cruise? We are 6 days in...

I'm up a solid 15 lbs, still have defined glutes, vascular and tight abs and defined quads... I actually put on some shirts that were previously loose on my arms and now they are tight. My lats have some meat to them as well.

It took some time to find the right diet (macro wise) for me and never did I expect to be hovering around 5k calories a day , that's 4 700 - 800kcal meals, one 1000+ kcal meal (PWO), one or two 300kcal shakes, 300kcals intra w/o and a 700kcal meal at 2am

I poop a lot lol

TMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshely
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner