over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BERBERINE - before fasted cardio?

The question is, is 100-200mg of dihydroberberine as effective as 1000mg of berberine hcl with milk thistle?
Huge difference price wise
I have been wondering the same thing myself. Couldn't find the answer anywhere I looked.

Although personally, milk thistle tends to chelate my iron and lower my ferritin so I try to steer away from it.

The question is what kind of benefits you expect from it to have to take a blood work to see the difference to differentiate those two types of berberin. Is it not mainly for menaging BG? and if its doing it's job, then why even bother?

The question is what kind of benefits you expect from it to have to take a blood work to see the difference to differentiate those two types of berberin. Is it not mainly for menaging BG? and if its doing it's job, then why even bother?
Improved lipid numbers and better A1C, fasted insulin, and BG. I get a profound impact from berberine that easily smashes metformin when it comes to this.

Improved lipid numbers and better A1C, fasted insulin, and BG. I get a profound impact from berberine that easily smashes metformin when it comes to this.

Interesting. What doses of metformin vs berberine have you used?

Looking through some of the evidence, it looks like 1,000mg BBR/200mg Silymarin ("milk thistle") would be superior to DHBBR (which BBR is converted to in vivo anyhow). Assuming those are the only two forms commercially available besides BBR alone, I'd go with the first option.

Interesting. What doses of metformin vs berberine have you used?
I used 1500mg metformin and then 1500mg berb
What brand are you taking ?
Now I am taking DHB and haven't checked bloods yet. I was doing Amazing brand berberine before

Looking through some of the evidence, it looks like 1,000mg BBR/200mg Silymarin ("milk thistle") would be superior to DHBBR (which BBR is converted to in vivo anyhow). Assuming those are the only two forms commercially available besides BBR alone, I'd go with the first option.
hmmm interesting. there is this product which is both DHB and milk thistle but again, it isn't cheap

I'd be curious to know what evidence you looked at to determine this. Always nice to save money

Doubt it would have much impact but definitely never had any stomach issues from berberine or any other supplements. Lots of medicine I think is supposed to be taken with an empty stomach.

I used 1500mg metformin and then 1500mg berb

Now I am taking DHB and haven't checked bloods yet. I was doing Amazing brand berberine before

hmmm interesting. there is this product which is both DHB and milk thistle but again, it isn't cheap

I'd be curious to know what evidence you looked at to determine this. Always nice to save money
Certainly, read through
[1] Liu, C.-S., Zheng, Y.-R., Zhang, Y.-F., & Long, X.-Y. (2016). Research progress on berberine with a special focus on its oral bioavailability. Fitoterapia, 109, 274–282. doi:10.1016/j.fitote.2016.02.001
[2] Zhou, S., Lim, L. Y., & Chowbay, B. (2004). Herbal Modulation of P‐Glycoprotein. Drug Metabolism Reviews, 36(1), 57–104. doi:10.1081/dmr-120028427
[3] Fogacci F, Grassi D, Rizzo M, Cicero AFG. Metabolic effect of berberine-silymarin association: A meta-analysis of randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trials. Phytother Res. 2019;33(4):862-870. doi:10.1002/ptr.6282

Certainly, read through
[1] Liu, C.-S., Zheng, Y.-R., Zhang, Y.-F., & Long, X.-Y. (2016). Research progress on berberine with a special focus on its oral bioavailability. Fitoterapia, 109, 274–282. doi:10.1016/j.fitote.2016.02.001
[2] Zhou, S., Lim, L. Y., & Chowbay, B. (2004). Herbal Modulation of P‐Glycoprotein. Drug Metabolism Reviews, 36(1), 57–104. doi:10.1081/dmr-120028427
[3] Fogacci F, Grassi D, Rizzo M, Cicero AFG. Metabolic effect of berberine-silymarin association: A meta-analysis of randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trials. Phytother Res. 2019;33(4):862-870. doi:10.1002/ptr.6282
Thanks for these! I wish they would compare berberine/milk thistle to dihydroberberine alone but at the end of the day, I imagine both are effective.

Yea I've gone through several bottles by now but haven't had blood tests in a while to compare
A little late to bump your reply but I’m interested if you notice any difference in fasted glucose level between dihydro and regular.

Asking you as you seem to know everything- any issues with using 1000mg metformin xr at night and 1000mg berberine+ milk thistle during the day?

Asking you as you seem to know everything- any issues with using 1000mg metformin xr at night and 1000mg berberine+ milk thistle during the day?
No problem at all with that! If you do suffer any gut issues from the Met, you could just use it on non-training days and use BBR+silymarin on the training days.

No problem at all with that! If you do suffer any gut issues from the Met, you could just use it on non-training days and use BBR+silymarin on the training days.

Just curious, what's the maximum amount of each you would recommend taking?

Just curious, what's the maximum amount of each you would recommend taking?
Approx 3g. The important considerations are drug-drug interactions, if you're on Rx'd meds. BBR decreases CYP2D6, 2C9, and CYP3A4 activities. There's another thread with a berberine discussion where this was mentioned that was bumped recently.

Why not? It’s not very hard to check A1C or even just fasted glucose level...
They were both very good last I checked so those are not things I feel the need to run to Labcorp to test anytime soon. Also I don't have a glucose monitor anymore to check glucose level anyway.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Cptinsomnia
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws