over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cardio - counterproductive

as far as health, most studies i read point to doing moderate cardio at most if you want to have more longevity. and as cardio seems to shut down the MTOR pathway to much might also not be a good thing.

I do 33min fasted cardio every morning. Roll out of bed, bathroom, 16oz water with t3/clen empty stomach. Every 10 mins i jump off for 30-45 seconds and down water and jump back on. By the time im done with my 30 min im over half a gallon of water down. Keeps me full and hydrated and not starving throughout the day. Shower, 10 egg whites, 1 cup spinach and head to class.

My God that is a tiny breakfast, what is that roughly 120 calories? I would be starving.

People are lazy so they make excuses not to do cardio. High blood pressure, kidney damage, high RBC, and "fat ass syndrome" are all from not doing cardio.

What most lifters don't get: weight training doesn't do shit for your cardiovascular system even if your heart rate is constantly elevated, unless you are doing very high paced circuit training, which no one is.

I do 20min in the AM every day for maintenance, if I'm leaning out I up it to 30min+

Benefits of cardio: faster recovery (better blood flow when not working out), more energy to lift harder in the gym, higher metabolism, higher blood volume, lower blood pressure, lower resting heart rate.

what kind cardio do you do then??

I'm a bit obsessive about getting body fat testing done (bodpod or dexa) about every 8 weeks for about 3 years now. In regards to body composition when cutting and doing cardio I see a spike of up to 25% loss coming from LBM. Im a bit put off of it now because of that. Trying this time to a round to see how lean I can get with two workouts per day instead of a morning cardio session this cut.

HIIT stands for High intensity interval training, which consists of short sprint intervals coupled with low-moderate intensity work. An example of this would be a 30 second sprint followed by a 4 minute steady pace walk to cool down and bring your heart rate back to normal and then repeating it. LISS stands for Low intensity steady state cardio, which consists of purely low-moderate intensity work. An example of this would be walking on the treadmill or riding the bike

Do the type of cardio that you have a personal preference for. HIIT is quicker, proves to be more effective for fat loss, creates metabolic changes, and helps with muscle retention but not everybody can do HIIT. LISS is safer, but takes twice as long to accomplish similar

I find it better to just do HIIT supersets of arm or calfs, or sit-ups for an hour, rather than running like a hamster on a wheel at the club.
Either way, the more you exercise , the more the left ventrical of the heart works, causing enlargement and potential problems later on. Jim Fixx, The author of “Running”. died of a heart attack. lol

References:
• (1, 2) Layne E. Norton
• (3, 4) Wilson, et al. Concurrent Training: A Meta Analysis Examining Interference of Aerobic and Resistance Exercise. University of Tampa, FL. J Strength Conditioning.
• (5) Naito, et al. Satellite cell pool enhancement in rat plantaris muscle by endurance training depends on intensity rather than duration. Juntendo University, Japan. Acta Physiologica. 2011 Oct.

HIIT stands for High intensity interval training, which consists of short sprint intervals coupled with low-moderate intensity work. An example of this would be a 30 second sprint followed by a 4 minute steady pace walk to cool down and bring your heart rate back to normal and then repeating it. LISS stands for Low intensity steady state cardio, which consists of purely low-moderate intensity work. An example of this would be walking on the treadmill or riding the bike

Do the type of cardio that you have a personal preference for. HIIT is quicker, proves to be more effective for fat loss, creates metabolic changes, and helps with muscle retention but not everybody can do HIIT. LISS is safer, but takes twice as long to accomplish similar

I find it better to just do HIIT supersets of arm or calfs, or sit-ups for an hour, rather than running like a hamster on a wheel at the club.
Either way, the more you exercise , the more the left ventrical of the heart works, causing enlargement and potential problems later on. Jim Fixx, The author of “Running”. died of a heart attack. lol

References:
• (1, 2) Layne E. Norton
• (3, 4) Wilson, et al. Concurrent Training: A Meta Analysis Examining Interference of Aerobic and Resistance Exercise. University of Tampa, FL. J Strength Conditioning.
• (5) Naito, et al. Satellite cell pool enhancement in rat plantaris muscle by endurance training depends on intensity rather than duration. Juntendo University, Japan. Acta Physiologica. 2011 Oct.

There's a strong belief that Jim Fixx had high levels of Lipoprotein(a), or Lp(a). As you may be aware, the genetic predisposition to elevated Lp(a) has a strong correlation to MI and stroke. More so with those athletically fit from spontaneous recanalization of arterial plaque rupture in conjunction with an elevated HR.

Dr. Davis, a well respected cardiologist has spoken about this many times about elevated Lp(a) levels and AMI (Acute Myocardial Infarction).

Last edited:
There's a strong belief that Jim Fixx had high levels of Lipoprotein(a), or Lp(a). As you may be aware, the genetic predisposition to elevated Lp(a) has a strong correlation to MI and stroke. More so with those athletically fit from spontaneous recanalization of arterial plaque rupture in conjunction with an elevated HR.

Dr. Davis, a well respected cardiologist has spoken about this many times about elevated Lp(a) levels and AMI (Acute Myocardial Infarction).

Stewie,

I enjoy reading your posts. I always learn something new with you. Weren't you a member of a cardiologist website? Perhaps I am making this up, but I thought you had mentioned this in the past and, I wonder if that's where you learn all this interesting info you share with us.

Stewie,

I enjoy reading your posts. I always learn something new with you. Weren't you a member of a cardiologist website? Perhaps I am making this up, but I thought you had mentioned this in the past and, I wonder if that's where you learn all this interesting info you share with us.

Yes I am, at two different forums. Cureality and Track your plaque.

Both are paid membership sites, run by Dr. Davis.

Considering my goal is health, it is very important toward that goal. Not counterproductive. I do 20-30 min 6 days a week at 3.5 mph on the treadmill incline 1-5%. Simple and effective. I think it helps body composition overall. In general I think it's better to eat more calories and burn them off than to eat fewer and do less work.

how do you guys feel about cardio post workout? That is when i have been doing my cardio and i switch up between 30-40 min LISS (brisk walk on incline) and then sometimes i go to the other end and ill run a 6 minute mile and thats it.

how do you guys feel about cardio post workout? That is when i have been doing my cardio and i switch up between 30-40 min LISS (brisk walk on incline) and then sometimes i go to the other end and ill run a 6 minute mile and thats it.

Im in two minds. It's very convenient and your in your zone from training so is easy to do. I like fed cardio better myself as it seems to work better for me and I'm not risking muscle loss. I think it comes down to this. If you find fat loss easy and can lose fat eating carbs all day but gaining muscle is hard (like me) probably not a good idea. If i ever do it again I'll use some eaa first.if your a naturally more muscular person who finds fat loss harder then I think it's great. If your in a gaining phase I would avoid it altogether and do it in the evening on training days just to feed some nutrients to the muscle and keep metabolism going. If you havnt got your own treadmill or crosstrainer and have to drive back to gym to do it,I'd do postworkout. Pointless being too anal. I know Dorian Yates was against postworkout cardio and im pretty sure John medows is too. That said these guys are thinking of absolute maximum muscle building efficiency. If you want to be a muscular guy who's very lean but not a mass monster then let's be honest, do it when it suites you best

Last edited:
I am against doing cardio immediately after weight training.
In an ideal world, you should do your weight training for the day, get your post workout meal in and then come back later on in the day to do your cardio.
If your primary goal is fat loss and/or if you have your diet and supplementation in line to preserve muscle while losing fat, then AM fasted cardio is superior. Do your weight training later in the day after having a few meals so that your glycogen is restored and you are filled up on energy to hit the weights hard.

Why do You Guys think cardio after lifting session is "big no no!" ? Do You mean catabolism? Is it possible to lose muscle if someone is not 220+ lbs with contest body fat % ( like ~5% ) essentially when we talk about short, low intense session like 20-30mins, about someone who use AAS and even time when someone is in calorie surplus becouse it is off-season, not contest prep?

Why do You Guys think cardio after lifting session is "big no no!" ? Do You mean catabolism? Is it possible to lose muscle if someone is not 220+ lbs with contest body fat % ( like ~5% ) essentially when we talk about short, low intense session like 20-30mins, about someone who use AAS and even time when someone is in calorie surplus becouse it is off-season, not contest prep?

No it's more about elevating AMPK and endurance exercise inhibiting the mTOR pathways. It's been proven in a few studies that endurance exercise post weightlifting blunts muscle protein synthesis to some degree. Your sending mixed signals when you do strength training and endurance training at the same time.

No it's more about elevating AMPK and endurance exercise inhibiting the mTOR pathways. It's been proven in a few studies that endurance exercise post weightlifting blunts muscle protein synthesis to some degree. Your sending mixed signals when you do strength training and endurance training at the same time.

Can i do 3-4 HIIT (15 mins) and still see the same heart/bp benefits of 3-4 LIIS (40 min) sessions. I need to get my bp down and would love to improve my heart health, but would rather take a bullet to the face than LIIS for 40+ mins

I think in the studies hit on different muscle groups didn't hurt. So like sprints on upper day, and rower on lower body day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw3kfRkqVWU"]BioLayne Video Log 16 Metabolic Damage v3.0... Damage Control (A Mechanistic Discussion) - YouTube[/ame]

**broken link removed**

I like to do it, even everyday. Short cardio ( 20-30mins, in 70-80% HRmax, walk on treadmill with incline is my favourite ;) ) every morning or after weight training keep me "fresh" for whole day, i don't have any problem with appetite, blood presure stay in healty range etc. but...

a lot of people say and show studies that it inhibit gains ( even if you are on AAS... ), slow metabolism rate... :confused: Bullshit?

If you "like" to do it, then do it. Most don't like Cardio, hence all of the creative conversations about how to get out of doing it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131