Creatine while on a cycle? Yes or No and why

Do you take creatine while on a cycle?

• Yes - I continue to take creatine while on a cycle

Votes: 231 62.4%
  • No - I dont take creatine while on a cycle

Votes: 139 37.6%

• Total voters
Creatine Supplementation

i currently take 10g a day of creatine while on cycle. i made this decision based on alr's book... CME or BTPB... which ever one it was in.... not sure if that is the same excerpt or not but looks similar

I use creatine for this reason as well. ALR gets a bad rap sometimes but I think some of what he has to say has value. He cites a study whereby creatine+dextrose supplementation increased muscle satellite cell activity. He makes a pretty good case for the weight gained while taking creatine being lean tissue and not just water. I currently use Creatine Ethyl Ester and have also had success with the buffered creatine products (Kre-Alkalyn). Creatine works!!!

Not while on cycle for me, my BP goes up whatever aas i use, creatine on cycle only sends it higher.

As a muscle contracts, ATP provides the energy for cross bridge movement and detachment and for operation of the calcium pump. Surprisingly, muscles store very limited stores of ATP; 4-6 seconds worth at most, just enough to get you going.
Since ATP is the only source used directly for contractile activities, it must be regenerated as fast as it is broken down if contraction is to continue. Fortunately, after ATP is hydrolyzed to ADP and inorganic phosphate, it is regenerated within a fraction of a second by three pathways: (1) by interaction of ADP with creatine phosphate, (2)from stored glycogen via the anaerobic pathway called anaerobic glycolosis, and(3) by aerobic respiration. The second and third metabolic pathway are used to produce ATP in all body cells.
Direct Phosphorylation of ADP by Creatine Phosphate. As we begin to exercise vigorously, ATP stored in working is consumed within a few twitches. Then Creatine Phosphate, a unique high-energy molecule stored in muscles, is tapped to regenerate ATP while the metabolic pathways are adjusting to the suddenly higher demands for ATP. The reaction that occurs couple CP with ADP. The overall result is almost instant transfer of energy and a phosphate group from CP to ADP to form ATP:

Creatine Phosphate + ADP = creatine + ATP

Muscle cells store much more creatine phosphate then ATP, and the coupled reaction, catalyzed by the enzyme creatine kinase, is so efficient that the amount of ATP in muscle change very little during the initial period of contraction.
Together, stored ATP and CP provide for maximum muscle power for about 15 seconds- long enough to energize a 100-meter dash. The couple reaction is readily reversible, and CP reserves are replenished during periods of inactivity, when the muscle fibers are producing more ATP than they need by other pathways.

More creatine, more of this type of cellular energy production. We ultimately delay the onset of Anaerobic Glycolosis and Lactic Acid formation.

So... why not take it : unless you have some type of issue with bloat.

Last edited:
Helps me with recovery moreso than just juice and protein with macronutrients. I dont bloat while i use it it just makes me harder in my opinion. If i was to ever step on stage i would def not use 2 weeks or more prior but im just your average gym rat so bloat doesnt bother me. I love gettin moonfaced :eek:

The only time I got stretch marks was from using creatine while on a test. cycle. After stopping creatine, I lost about 10 lbs of water weight.

Taking creatine is a great way to bloat the crap out of you if you're prone to water retention already.

I use creatine when I use anavar. The two work synergistically together.

I'm on 500 Test/week with creatine. No problems except warddrobe issues. :D

How the hell do you keep bumping this thread? Everytime the forum says you posted something new, I come back and read about your wardbrobe again! :D

Attachments

• wharburgle.jpg
    wharburgle.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 1,441
I've read an article somewhere on this.

That taking creatine while on cycle is a total waste of time. Reason being- the increased ATP, fluid retention (for some), more explosive muscle contractions, and increased anabolism/decreased muscle breakdown - as well as the other *positives* gotten by taking a creatine supplement- already take place with the increased testosterone levels.

(It was a scientist/researcher who wrote the article based on his opinion of several AAS studies)

Likewise, I believe anyone who takes creatine while on cycle, unless its a very low dosed cycle (or mild products), is just throwing their money away. You should be using that money for extra food + protein. You'll grow a hell of a lot quicker!

eh I took the bsn ethyl ester creatine crap that was supposed to be a big deal. Couldnt tell any difference. tasted good though lol

in pct is when i use it....imo its a waste to use it on cycle....youd never notice the difference.

in pct is when i use it....imo its a waste to use it on cycle....youd never notice the difference.

Yep no point in adding to a cycle.

i dont take straight up creatine but i do take a pre workout thing like superpump which contains creatine......i simply take that while on a cycle Because it gives me extra energy

I' ve noticed since i started taking it again, i hold alot more water. Almost like my ankles seemed swollen.

i dont take straight up creatine but i do take a pre workout thing like superpump which contains creatine......i simply take that while on a cycle Because it gives me extra energy

same here... but I use smash fully loaded or no shotgun...

i only use it for pct and between cycles to break through plateaus.

Kre Alkalyn, because my trainer said so:D

IMHO Most ppl who retain too much water over dose and should cut back by half , but how much to cut back is up to you.

They are likely getting enough by food intake.
Just like anything else a blood test now and then takes a lot of the guess work out of it .
I'm 56 and I "believe" I feel better and recover somewhat faster.
There are a lot of things that can’t be explained away by a single study ,simply because there are to many factors to take into consideration, physical stress as an example.
As you are well aware there are many ways to physically stress the body .
Bodybuilding, jogging, swimming, cycling ..ect…ect.
I have a friend that is an avid jogger and he could swallow a jar of creatine and never acquire any noticeable water retention .
Same goes for another friend who is in a cyclist.
Both enjoy their sport and are out there every day doing it.
I believe that maybe the difference between them and us bodybuilders.
If we were expelling energy on a daily basis such as they are, we may not retain as much water .
Who knows ?

Most all of these two classes of athletes use creatine with very little water retention.
Some of the studies I have read in the past also suggest creatine may have therapeutic applications for, muscle atrophy, fatigue, gyrate atrophy, Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease and other mitochondrial cytopathies, neuropathic disorders, dystrophies, myopathies and brain pathologies.
In knowing this I chose to take it , even if I do retain some water.
It is a issue that is simply resolved by discontinuing its use.
Easy enough !

Any cyclist of joggers reading that use creatine and if so how about sharing your experience with it .

Department of Physical Education and Athletic Training, Palm Beach Atlantic University, West Palm Beach, Florida 33416, USA. [email protected]

Seventeen active males (age 22.9 +/- 4.9 year) participated in a study to examine the effects of creatine monohydrate supplementation on total body weight (TBW), percent body fat, body water content, and caloric intake. The TBW was measured in kilograms, percent body fat by hydrostatic weighing, body water content via bioelectrical impedance, and caloric intake by daily food log. Subjects were paired and assigned to a creatine or placebo group with a double-blind research design. Supplementation was given for 4 weeks (30 g a day for the initial 2 weeks and 15 g a day for the final 2 weeks). Subjects reported 2 days a week for supervised strength training of the lower extremity. Significant increases before and after the study were found in TBW (90.42 +/- 14.74 to 92.12 +/- 15.19 kg) and body water content (53.77 +/- 1.75 to 57.15 +/- 2.01 L) for the creatine group (p = 0.05). No significant changes were found in percent body fat or daily caloric intake in the creatine group. No significant changes were noted for the placebo group. These findings support previous research that creatine supplementation increases TBW. Mean percent body fat and caloric intake was not affected by creatine supplementation. Therefore weight gain in lieu of creatine supplementation may in part be due to water retention.

I don't notice any water retention whatsoever. I do get incredible hardness with Oxandrolone. This is the 2nd cycle with Creatine & Anavar , and I retain my gains so dout it's all water. I have seen buddies blow up on the stuff though. I only use 5grams at night B4 bed though. No science behind me taking it though , I just took advice from some guys I trust that it works great with var. Works great for me , I'm satisfied with results.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear