advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you use protein powder? Yes? No? Why?

Nike22

Registered
Newbies
I've been going more and more whole food as I've gotten older but still use whey as post work out or intra w/dextrose.
Thinking about dropping it altogether. Just switch to chicken, same price... maybe even cheaper.. maybe even better.
What's your opinion?

No!

- they are a supplement. I don't need to supplement any more protein, I get enough of it with food

-I don't have control over the sources like with the food I buy

- they are in any case something processed with additives, preservatives, colourings, sugars and various sweeteners, and so on and so forth

- most of them contain lactose and/or galactose ... it's not for my stomach

-they are very expensive, at least in my country

I use a beef isolate from nxt. Only for convenience. If I had more time to eat more whole food I would do. I will have 3 shakes a day.

I use a beef isolate from nxt. Only for convenience. If I had more time to eat more whole food I would do. I will have 3 shakes a day.
beef isolate is the biggest supplement scam - it's nothing more than ordinary gelatin

You're paying for something your body can't absorb at all

beef isolate is the biggest supplement scam - it's nothing more than ordinary gelatin

You're paying for something your body can't absorb at all

You have to be very careful with beef isolate. I’ve bugged the shit out of some supplement companies for an amino acid breakdown, and yes, some have terrible profiles.

Now, there are a few companies that sell actual beef flesh derived isolate, but once again, the BCAA content is not as good as a milk based or even pea isolate, and it’s more expensive.

If you couldn’t tolerate whey isolate at all, I could see the value in a beef isolate if on the job eating actual food is impossible due to time restraints.

I rarely get to chew food at work, and I live and die by my true nutrition whey isolate/eggwhite/pea/casein blend.

(I like pea isolate…thicker shake consistency and is well tolerated)

I haven’t for years, but I’m debating on replacing a few of my meals with shakes, specifically MRE lite powder which is made from real animal protein, and grinded oats.

I work from home and have been getting all my meals in, but sometimes they affect my work output. Or I have to skip and I’m sitting in front of one giant meal in the evening to make up the calories

I haven’t for years, but I’m debating on replacing a few of my meals with shakes, specifically MRE lite powder which is made from real animal protein, and grinded oats.

I work from home and have been getting all my meals in, but sometimes they affect my work output. Or I have to skip and I’m sitting in front of one giant meal in the evening to make up the calories
That late night 2,000 calorie meal goes hard though, man.

I try to get in 2,000 by 5 pm and 2,000 between 5-8 pm lol. Go to bed full and happy 😂

Most is whole foods.

1) blended veggie shakes I make get 50g each. I like to have one daily, sometimes 2, some days I don't have them at all. Goal is really the veggies as I'm getting a mega salad and several sides in each shake. Protein for flavoring and just because.

2) sometimes I'll do 50g in water just to balance things out some.

Might be more often in heavy calorie restriction or very low carbs but above are my two main scenarios. For whole foods price per pound matters as I assume we all eat a lot. Can't be doing prime steak or fillet every meal! Chest freezer and vacuum sealer are key to buying in bulk.

I have 2 scoops ON whey/1 cup oatmeal/1 cup blue berries/2 cups water everyday for breakfast. That's all I get from shakes.

Right now I’m taking in 300 grams of protein from whole food and 100 grams from whey, 2 shakes. Most would consider the wholes foods an adequate amount of protein so the whey is just icing on the cake. My goal is to get as close to 2 grams of protein per lb of body weight and it can be tough to hit that amount with Whole Foods, for me at least.

i always bring with me to work just incase. I use it out of pure convenience.

Have been using since 95 started with designer whey, metrx, and then On up to this day, i notice a big difference in recovery with whey, maybe because i just eat/take more protein when I use shakes,? I don't know but it's very combinate to have a shake when ever you need one

For 25+ of my growing years i usually ate 5 meals a day and 1 protein drink after my workout. Now that i am an old man and am just trying to shrink slowly and have less enthusiam for discipline i eat 4 times a day with 2 being protein drinks.

For most of the year I use whey protein daily.

When I diet I use little to none because I just don't need the extra protein but when maintaining or growing it's a must.

When calories get really high sometimes I'll make 2/3 of the protein in a meal whole food and the last 1/3 a shake to help with digestion.

I use Optimum Nutrition Hydrowhey postworkout and Dymatize ISO 100 other times.

I only take 2 scoops of isolated whey around workouts with fruit. Only because it is lighter on my stomach. I drink 20 grams of EAAs during workouts. After workouts I eat a whole meal.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws