Votes: 4 1.3%
  • It's a good test booster

Votes: 59 18.5%
  • It's good for increasing sex drive

Votes: 96 30.1%
  • It's useless

Votes: 186 58.3%

• Total voters
IMHO: the supplement industry (as a whole) is a total sham.

That is correct, which is why you need to carefully SELECT a few companies to deal with, out of the many(that are a sham).

tribestan as a diuretic?

I have read those old articles saying Tribestan can be used a diuretic at a dose of 12 tablets daily for the last 3 days before a show. has anyone actually tried that and does that work at all? thanks

Thoughts?

I made this poll multiple choice, that way you can choose the combo of answers that you find to be the best.

I wouldnt say its useless. I have only used one brand I would ever consider. I seen through blood work the product worked. I have used other brands though that did absolutely nothing. I think quality of the TRIBULUS is the key.

those are the ingredients in longjax, which i havent tried but interested. i did use tribestan and another tribulus. the other tribulus brand worked well the first time i took it. i was off but i had rock hard spontaneous erections it was insane. right now on trt i still dont even get that. im considering using it while on trt. does anyone have experience with using libido boosters while on?

Its garbage to increase endogenous androgen levels.

I dont care what % saponin you or a supplement company claims to sell, they have all been independently tested and shown no increases in androgen levels.

It is good for a labido increase, but thats it.

It needs to be BULGARIAN and standardized to contain at least 20% Protodioscin(the active steroidal saponin). Studies have shown that Tribulus from different soils in different geographical locations will produce variations in Protodioscin levels, as well as other Frustanol Saponins.

All of the studies showing that Tribulus is not effective did not use a standardized Bulgarian extract. This effect has been documented, and Tribulus has also been proven to increase Testosterone in primates.

I've been using Tribestan for years, it's actually a pharmaceutical-grade product.

I was going to chime in; Tribestan is a potent product that actually works, I've used it several times. It is getting expensive now though.

I dont care what % saponin you or a supplement company claims to sell, they have all been independently tested and shown no increases in androgen levels.

I'll say this much, if you feel like you may have low test levels, after 8 weeks of round-the-clock Tribestan you will no longer have low testosterone levels.

Unless maybe you're Lance Armstrong or Tom Green.

Will it make a noticeable difference in test output if you're natty and levels are good? probably not.

Will it keep your balls in check when hitting decent dosages of AAS, most likely.

Last edited:
Just a little interesting piece of information I thought I should share:

I do some personal training on the side. One of my new clients told me today that he used to have low test, then he used tribulus, and now (a year later) his test is normal. It could be coincidence, not cause and effect, but I found his story interesting.

Like anything else it's product quality and purity that separates them here...I have used tribulus from several companies...nothing. But after my first or 2nd cycle YEARS ago I had no access to pct items at the time and took a LOT of tribestan and it without a doubt - works! 6 a day initially, then 2 for a while...and my balls HURT and filled back out to precycle size quickly.

Again - that was early on and I was younger...so would it work as well now? I don't know...I was most likely much more LH/FSH sensitive then than I am now after hcg/hmg use and aas use for several years since...on more than off. So many factors here it would be hard to say. But back then, I loved Tribestan and several other tribulus manufacturers have benefited from this because I usually still take some sort of trib and at $40 for Tribestan for what lasts me about 2 weeks...then another box lasts a month...I have mistakenly opted for other brands thinking I would get same thing at a much better price. Didn't seem to have the same effect.

For me when using by itself, not too bad. When stacked with supplements like Yohimbe, Maca, Avena Sativa... ohh yesss!!!!

INCORRECT, show me just ONE STUDY performed on men using a STANDARDIZED BULGARIAN TRIBULUS EXTRACT--just one. You can't..

Sopharma Bulgaria has tons of clinical data, and if that isn't enough, just look at the posts in this thread. There are also PRIMATE studies(and other animals) that demonstrated a significant increase in testosterone.

INCORRECT, show me just ONE STUDY performed on men using a STANDARDIZED BULGARIAN TRIBULUS EXTRACT--just one. You can't..

Sopharma Bulgaria has tons of clinical data, and if that isn't enough, just look at the posts in this thread. There are also PRIMATE studies(and other animals) that demonstrated a significant increase in testosterone.

Of course I can you idiot.

You were replied to by Conciliator and it detailed "Bulgarian saponin content".

You quickly shut the fuck up and didnt reply like you always do.

It was over at OLM but the last 2 pages have been deleted.

Be patient and I will find it myself.

J Ethnopharmacol. 2005 Oct 3;101(1-3):319-23.

The aphrodisiac herb Tribulus terrestris does not influence the androgen production in young men.

Neychev VK, Mitev VI.
Source
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Medical University, 2 Zdrave str., Sofia-1431, Bulgaria. [email protected]

Abstract

OBJECTIVE:
The aim of the current study is to investigate the influence of Tribulus terrestris extract on androgen metabolism in young males.

DESIGN AND METHODS:
Twenty-one healthy young 20-36 years old men with body weight ranging from 60 to 125 kg were randomly separated into three groups-two experimental (each n=7) and a control (placebo) one (n=7). The experimental groups were named TT1 and TT2 and the subjects were assigned to consume 20 and 10 mg/kg body weight per day of Tribulus terrestris extract, respectively, separated into three daily intakes for 4 weeks. Testosterone, androstenedione and luteinizing hormone levels in the serum were measured 24 h before supplementation (clear probe), and at 24, 72, 240, 408 and 576 h from the beginning of the supplementation.

RESULTS:
There was no significant difference between Tribulus terrestris supplemented groups and controls in the serum testosterone (TT1 (mean+/-S.D.: 15.75+/-1.75 nmol/l); TT2 (mean+/-S.D.: 16.32+/-1.57 nmol/l); controls (mean+/-S.D.: 17.74+/-1.09 nmol/l) (p>0.05)), androstenedione (TT1 (mean+/-S.D.: 1.927+/-0.126 ng/ml); TT2 (mean+/-S.D.: 2.026+/-0.256 ng/ml); controls (mean+/-S.D.: 1.952+/-0.236 ng/ml) (p>0.05)) or luteinizing hormone (TT1 (mean+/-S.D.: 4.662+/-0.274U/l); TT2 (mean+/-S.D.: 4.103+/-0.869U/l); controls (mean+/-S.D.: 4.170+/-0.406U/l) (p>0.05)) levels. All results were within the normal range. The findings in the current study anticipate that Tribulus terrestris steroid saponins possess neither direct nor indirect androgen-increasing properties. The study will be extended in the clarifying the probable mode of action of Tribulus terrestris steroid saponins.

To quote from the full paper,

"Tribulus terrestris (origin Bulgaria) extract encapsulated
in gelatinous capsules each containing 200 mg of the dry
extract approved by Bulgarian Ministry of Public Health
under no. 04-2003 with ext. ref. no. 4465-1809/021003 were
purchased from “Vemo 99” Ltd., Sofia, Bulgaria. The steroid
saponins concentration has been determined to be 60% of the
dry matter."

The effects of ingesting a tribulus containing proprietary supplement with combined resistance training on strength, body composition, and hormonal changes in males

"....tribulus fruit extract-40% saponins."

"Supplementation of a tribulus and vitamin/mineral blend has no effect on the muscular strength and hypertrophy adaptations that occur with resistance training in this double-blinded, placebo controlled clinical trial. Additionally, supplementation had no significant impact on hormonal status and no clinical side effects were observed as indicated by the analysis of a full serum and whole blood metabolic profile."

J Ethnopharmacol. 2005 Oct 3;101(1-3):319-23.

The aphrodisiac herb Tribulus terrestris does not influence the androgen production in young men.

Neychev VK, Mitev VI.
Source
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Medical University, 2 Zdrave str., Sofia-1431, Bulgaria. [email protected]

Abstract

OBJECTIVE:
The aim of the current study is to investigate the influence of Tribulus terrestris extract on androgen metabolism in young males.

DESIGN AND METHODS:
Twenty-one healthy young 20-36 years old men with body weight ranging from 60 to 125 kg were randomly separated into three groups-two experimental (each n=7) and a control (placebo) one (n=7). The experimental groups were named TT1 and TT2 and the subjects were assigned to consume 20 and 10 mg/kg body weight per day of Tribulus terrestris extract, respectively, separated into three daily intakes for 4 weeks. Testosterone, androstenedione and luteinizing hormone levels in the serum were measured 24 h before supplementation (clear probe), and at 24, 72, 240, 408 and 576 h from the beginning of the supplementation.

RESULTS:
There was no significant difference between Tribulus terrestris supplemented groups and controls in the serum testosterone (TT1 (mean+/-S.D.: 15.75+/-1.75 nmol/l); TT2 (mean+/-S.D.: 16.32+/-1.57 nmol/l); controls (mean+/-S.D.: 17.74+/-1.09 nmol/l) (p>0.05)), androstenedione (TT1 (mean+/-S.D.: 1.927+/-0.126 ng/ml); TT2 (mean+/-S.D.: 2.026+/-0.256 ng/ml); controls (mean+/-S.D.: 1.952+/-0.236 ng/ml) (p>0.05)) or luteinizing hormone (TT1 (mean+/-S.D.: 4.662+/-0.274U/l); TT2 (mean+/-S.D.: 4.103+/-0.869U/l); controls (mean+/-S.D.: 4.170+/-0.406U/l) (p>0.05)) levels. All results were within the normal range. The findings in the current study anticipate that Tribulus terrestris steroid saponins possess neither direct nor indirect androgen-increasing properties. The study will be extended in the clarifying the probable mode of action of Tribulus terrestris steroid saponins.

To quote from the full paper,

"Tribulus terrestris w(origin Bulgaria) extract encapsulated
in gelatinous capsules each containing 200 mg of the dry
extract approved by Bulgarian Ministry of Public Health
under no. 04-2003 with ext. ref. no. 4465-1809/021003 were
purchased from “Vemo 99” Ltd., Sofia, Bulgaria. The steroid
saponins concentration has been determined to be 60% of the
dry matter."

This study did not use a STANDARDIZED extract. A standardized extract will specify PROTODIOSCIN content, and NOT just total saponin content. Try again, old friend.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws