Votes: 79 40.5%
  • 2 - 3 minutes

Votes: 30 15.4%
  • 3 - 4 minutes

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • +4 minutes

Votes: 6 3.1%

• Total voters
It varies on how I feel and how heavy I go. If I'm trying to go heavy I rest about 3 mins. If I'm going for endurance 30 sec - 1 min. On average I'd rest 1-2 mins in between

Ive been having better results doing opposites and only using the time it takes to switch between the exercise. So I'll bang out my bi set, then go do my tri set and repeat. Then on to the next exercise for that days body parts. I find this helps me keep a get pace and from having to do extra cardio. So, for me the time in between Is minimal even with chugging water. Always bring my own water. Don't see how so many ppl don't mind nasty ass fountain water. Especially gym fountain water. For me, it also limits the "getting cold" time and especially limits getting stopped and asked questions.

I'm having trouble getting my rest times down. The whole strength approach ruined my endurance

For strength training my rest time is dependent on load and muscle fiber type, not muscle group size. I.e.

Slow twitch/lighter load, up to 55% 1Rm/high reps 12,15 and up - 45-60 seconds.

Intermediate twitch/medium load/ 55%-75% 1Rm/ 6-12 reps, at least 90 seconds. Enough time for mitochondria to resynthasize APT and lactic acid to dissipate.

Fast twitch/ heavy load/ 80%-100% 1Rm/ 1-6 reps/ 2-4 minutes. All of the energy reasons above and nervous system.

Circuit training is a completely different beast.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

It varies. I super set all arm and delt movements. Chest and back I rest longer. Legs I take my time or I puke.

As long as I need to.....I don't time myself in the gym.....I stay there until the work is done....1 or 2 hours....don't care

Depends, if I am doing a HIT routine then 30 seconds with drop sets with no rest, when training most other times it is no more than 1 1/2 minutes.

Depends on the exercise (or sometimes how long it takes my wife to do her set, lol) but anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes

30-45 seconds and a 1-1.5 for legs .. my workouts are fast, heavy and intense.

Where has rawman been? Real quiet

Love the pump with shorter rest periods. Obviously the amount of weight lifted goes down but metabolic stress increases greatly when cutting rest time down, that's why I like to incorporate fst7's on smaller body parts. 5x5's are great too for compound movements

I like to rest 30-45ish seconds on prep mode, so it's more cardio like training! Then off-season 1:30 - 2 min lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love to see some of these guys who say they rest under a minutes intensity and weight being used.

Some things I just can not go rest under 2-4 minutes because of my style of training. Isolation exercises and machines don't count here. Get under 500 pound squat it for 12 then rest 30secs to a minute and see what kinda of intensity you can generate on the next set. Or deads, dumbbell rows for some reason over 150's totally smash me for like 2 minutes.

Some of you guys are full of shit lol

I would love to see some of these guys who say they rest under a minutes intensity and weight being used.

Some things I just can not go rest under 2-4 minutes because of my style of training. Isolation exercises and machines don't count here. Get under 500 pound squat it for 12 then rest 30secs to a minute and see what kinda of intensity you can generate on the next set. Or deads, dumbbell rows for some reason over 150's totally smash me for like 2 minutes.

Some of you guys are full of shit lol

Two minute rest for say three sets on squats I get 385 for 12,12,10 actually what I got last time

Dropped the intensity a bit for a deload now and doing 315 for 5x10 adding weight when its not challenging

Two minute rest for say three sets on squats I get 385 for 12,12,10 actually what I got last time

Dropped the intensity a bit for a deload now and doing 315 for 5x10 adding weight when its not challenging

I think cardio plays a huge role here too. Tren kills my rest periods in between sets so pre contest when doing that I have to make sure my heart and lungs are in decent shape.

Off Tren it's so easy catch your breath from a hard set but I digress lol

Also on a side not your overall mass will contribute here as well. I hover around 265 pretty lean so my recovery in between sets has gotten harder over the years as I add muscle to my smaller frame

Last edited:
Anything more than a minute and I feel I´m not going at it with enough intensity.

Where has rawman been? Real quiet
Not seen him active for ages mate. I recon he probably was feeling very hormonal one day and decided to head towards himalayas to meditate, in the undying quest to find his inner women. Hey he did have never ending estrogen issues!

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Professional Muscle mobile app

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Nopko
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity