over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

LBAs in Contest Prep-Carb question

So what happened to Serge? Phil says it was food related, I'm thinking he's hinting at some type of cardiovascular condition. Other reports say he was poisoned. Some reports say he went "nuts", and he was in the psychiatric ward. What happened? Is he still in hospital?

Regarding shakes, I don't see why they couldn't be used, and to an advantage too, but a large portion of bodybuilders and their gurus are against them. Top gurus too. Aceto says he recommends 1 per day at the most in prep, for example.

My buddy is competing this saturday. He just wasn't lean enough so a couple of weeks ago I told him to drop the shakes as he was having 8 a day! and he feels his conditioning improved immediately. But I think that's a function of reducing calories, not because the protein itself functions differently/negatively compared to whole foods.:D Of course you'll drop weight/fat if you substitute 350 grams of whey protein with 250 grams of whole food protein.:D

No man

So what happened to Serge? Phil says it was food related, I'm thinking he's hinting at some type of cardiovascular condition. Other reports say he was poisoned. Some reports say he went "nuts", and he was in the psychiatric ward. What happened? Is he still in hospital?

Regarding shakes, I don't see why they couldn't be used, and to an advantage too, but a large portion of bodybuilders and their gurus are against them. Top gurus too. Aceto says he recommends 1 per day at the most in prep, for example.

My buddy is competing this saturday. He just wasn't lean enough so a couple of weeks ago I told him to drop the shakes as he was having 8 a day! and he feels his conditioning improved immediately. But I think that's a function of reducing calories, not because the protein itself functions differently/negatively compared to whole foods.:D Of course you'll drop weight/fat if you substitute 350 grams of whey protein with 250 grams of whole food protein.:D

I never said it was food related........Someone said all he does is eat real foods and looks that way........they are mistaken.........

The mole hill was your competition days...............the mountain is what you are tyring to portray it as.

LMFAO

I don't recall anyone saying that whole foods were replaced by shakes during contest prep, just used as a supp source for protein. Whole foods are great for you and one shouldn't rely on all their nutrients from a shake.

LMFAO

I don't recall anyone saying that whole foods were replaced by shakes during contest prep, just used as a supp source for protein. Whole foods are great for you and one shouldn't rely on all their nutrients from a shake.

huh? thats what this whole thread is about??? unless the OP was using his shakes with meals, which i doubt because im sure that would push his cals up too high.

I don't understand what you guys are having such a hard time with. The original question (easy to undertand if you read the post) was about replacing whey shakes with LBAs. Never did I mention anything about not using whole foods. My daily routine consists of 6 whole food meals every single day no matter what. The LBAs were going to be used as a supplemental protein source between meals (currently I used whey protein). So quit arguing the protein shake vs whole foods debate, it was never even an issue here to begin with.

Well

I don't understand what you guys are having such a hard time with. The original question (easy to undertand if you read the post) was about replacing whey shakes with LBAs. Never did I mention anything about not using whole foods. My daily routine consists of 6 whole food meals every single day no matter what. The LBAs were going to be used as a supplemental protein source between meals (currently I used whey protein). So quit arguing the protein shake vs whole foods debate, it was never even an issue here to begin with.

Of course you can replace them............it is a great protein source........but keep various protein sources in your diet...........but most definitely use LBAs.

I never said it was food related........Someone said all he does is eat real foods and looks that way........they are mistaken.........

Alright, totally wrong assumption then. Though I'm sure you see how this could be read that way.:D
Hold on...........do you remember when he was in the hospital lately.......and from what? Do you really want to say this?? Maybe you arent privy to what I know.......unless you know him presonally

Phil, you don't always have to be this cryptic.:D

I just wish people would stop spouting broscience/junk science so brazenly as if it was real science. That's the only problem I had. If you have an opinion, state it as such; but don't state it as a fact.

Your body doesn't know the difference between "whole foods" and "engineered foods." It's all fucking food. The "thermogenic effect of whole food" is entirely unfounded.

"Uncle"

I would like to apologize to Flex2019 for posting my opinion about having too many protein shakes in a contest meal plan. I really was only sharing that I felt that whole foods were best. I failed to state "in my opinion" before my statement. I guess I figured it was obvious it was my opinion. I did not intend to open such a huge debate in your thread. I did not mean to come off like a "Mr. Know It All" that was not my intention.

I wish you all the best in your up coming show.

Here are some comp photos I wanted to share per Phil request.

Enjoy the ride into your show,
K

Attachments

• Santa Ab&thigh.jpg
    Santa Ab&thigh.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 291
  • Santa crab.jpg
    Santa crab.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 284
Well

I would like to apologize to Flex2019 for posting my opinion about having too many protein shakes in a contest meal plan. I really was only sharing that I felt that whole foods were best. I failed to state "in my opinion" before my statement. I guess I figured it was obvious it was my opinion. I did not intend to open such a huge debate in your thread. I did not mean to come off like a "Mr. Know It All" that was not my intention.

K

You are lean............but you lost too much muscle dieting down.......LBAs would have made you 10-20 pounds bigger........next life maybe!:)

K

I competed with you at that show - you looked great. Good to see you here.

K

Apology accepted, but not necessary Bro. I respect your opinion, and I do agree that whole foods are necessary. It just isn't possible for me to fit the last 100 or so grams of protein per day in whole foods due to my schedule. I was mostly aggravated that this turned into a big argument that had nothing to do with the original question. BTW, you look great in those pics. Lean, hard, and full. Very nice work.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bttywllsns01
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws